Benefits noticed with Pregnenolone cream...

Kingneptune40

Awards
Started my pregnenolone cream (10%) on Saturday and I am already seeing some benefits........Not sure how much is psycho-somatic, but this is what I have noticed.........

Increase in muscle tone/size
Decreased bloating and constipation
Decreased cravings for bad food and sweets
Better energy and endurance
Increase in sex drive
Better sleep and easier waking up
Less stressed and feeling calmer

Anyone else notice these benefits when they started with pregnenolone cream??? Just curious........

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like something I could really look forward too.
How was your progesterone before you started it?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pregnenolone cream creates more progesterone correct?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Is there any downside to this?

I am taking testosterone creme and levoxyl already.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Started my pregnenolone cream (10%) on Saturday and I am already seeing some benefits........Not sure how much is psycho-somatic, but this is what I have noticed.........

Increase in muscle tone/size
Decreased bloating and constipation
Decreased cravings for bad food and sweets
Better energy and endurance
Increase in sex drive
Better sleep and easier waking up
Less stressed and feeling calmer

Anyone else notice these benefits when they started with pregnenolone cream??? Just curious........
10% what is the dosage that you are using?
1 gram = 100 mgs a day?

Well you might have had estrogen imbalance and this is just balancing things out. Did you have under active thyroid to begin with as well or low cholesterol, elevated dht as well?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Is there any downside to this?

I am taking testosterone creme and levoxyl already.
Applying cream and getting it into your blood stream that is two different subjects.
Test your blood, see what happen.

http://www.levoxyl.com/
Test
FreeT3 and FreeT4
see what is going on.

Kingneptune40

Awards
HardasNails.............You are correct, the Pregnenolone cream is 100mg=1g..........Yes, I have thyroid issues(TSH-5.9), and Low Test (251) and Dr John suspects high estrogen from the exam and consult.......My labs from Quest are not back in yet, but we used the ones from last year as a reference during my appt........Also have low cholesterol, the "good kind" and my adrenals are shot...........But other than that, I am doing great.......LOL

Whatever its doing, I just feel that it is leveling me out mentally and physically.........Hopefully my blood work will be in soon so I can see other values, like prolactin, estrogen and others.........they were not run last year by other doctor.......

Its only been 3 or 4 days, but my arms and chest feel more pumped than when I was taking Androgel at 5 g last year, with less bloating.........In fact, my overall bloating is way down and I am passing fluids like a race horse.........

aculpep

Awards
So you are not on TRT now? I haven't felt much difference with preg cream but I'm not on TRT. My biggest problem seems to be estrogens. But there isn't much info on treating low FreeT by just lowering E2 and shbg.

HardasNails.............You are correct, the Pregnenolone cream is 100mg=1g..........Yes, I have thyroid issues(TSH-5.9), and Low Test (251) and Dr John suspects high estrogen from the exam and consult.......My labs from Quest are not back in yet, but we used the ones from last year as a reference during my appt........Also have low cholesterol, the "good kind" and my adrenals are shot...........But other than that, I am doing great.......LOL

Whatever its doing, I just feel that it is leveling me out mentally and physically.........Hopefully my blood work will be in soon so I can see other values, like prolactin, estrogen and others.........they were not run last year by other doctor.......

Its only been 3 or 4 days, but my arms and chest feel more pumped than when I was taking Androgel at 5 g last year, with less bloating.........In fact, my overall bloating is way down and I am passing fluids like a race horse.........

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

i am in same boat low cholesterol, low thyroid low adrenals so you bet pregenolone will also be good for me
reasons
1. low choelsterol - bulding blocks are not even there for formation of pregnenolone
2. Low thyroid / low adrenals - lack of building block for your hormones and people with low thyroid have low pregnenolone as well as low adrenals where it is else made in the body.

How is your LDL and trigycerides also low ?

Kingneptune40

Awards
Aculpep..........Havent started my TRT yet, my new bloodwork will be in soon and probably have my 2nd appt with Dr John in early July..........Only taking the Preg. cream now, but it has really helped so far........very surprised it has worked this quickly.......The Preg. capsules did not work at all, but I have a problem with absorbing anything through the gut.........digestive and absorption issues............I am getting more of a "pump" from Preg cream than I did with Androgel......

HardasNails...........Sounds like you and I are in the same boat........I enjoy reading your posts, hope you are around to look at my blood work in early July.......Definitely want your feedback..........My Trigylcerides were 157 last year and that is when I was eating "rock solid"..........I am going to be embarrassed at the numbers this year.........Have probably put on 30lbs from doing Androgel in the fall and winter.........Alot of bloating and made me eat like a pig........I noticed that the Preg cream has helped with the insatiable appetite, I have much more control and feel calmer........I am a stress eater...........

Both my good and bad cholesterol were low last year, SHBG was about 7, insulin was high, so I have alot of work to do........Dr John said I will not be easy..............Have you seen many SHBG numbers that low??? Sounds like its easier to bring down than to bring back up.........

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Aculpep..........Havent started my TRT yet, my new bloodwork will be in soon and probably have my 2nd appt with Dr John in early July..........Only taking the Preg. cream now, but it has really helped so far........very surprised it has worked this quickly.......The Preg. capsules did not work at all, but I have a problem with absorbing anything through the gut.........digestive and absorption issues............I am getting more of a "pump" from Preg cream than I did with Androgel......

HardasNails...........Sounds like you and I are in the same boat........I enjoy reading your posts, hope you are around to look at my blood work in early July.......Definitely want your feedback..........My Trigylcerides were 157 last year and that is when I was eating "rock solid"..........I am going to be embarrassed at the numbers this year.........Have probably put on 30lbs from doing Androgel in the fall and winter.........Alot of bloating and made me eat like a pig........I noticed that the Preg cream has helped with the insatiable appetite, I have much more control and feel calmer........I am a stress eater...........

Both my good and bad cholesterol were low last year, SHBG was about 7, insulin was high, so I have alot of work to do........Dr John said I will not be easy..............Have you seen many SHBG numbers that low??? Sounds like its easier to bring down than to bring back up.........

SHbg usually under low 20's possible represent inuslin resistance. 2 hour glucose toleranec test will answer this. You need to load up on carnbs 3 days before other wise they will not catch it and you will slip through the cracks so to speak. Our of the 6 guys i sent 4 tested insulin imbalnaces and they had normal glucose levels of 85-90 on there glucose serum. AMAZING ISN"T IT !! Pregnenolone will help balance out the estrogens as well as feed the adrenals. My cholesterol was at one time 99 and drs was like "thats awesomne" only if I knew back then I was in real trouble ..
Even with cocconut, whole eggs, red meat, i can not raise cholesterol. One possiblility is that I have been takin NO2 which contains argine and may be reducing the enzyme in the liver to manufacture cholesterol by off setting the lysine to argein ratio So if you are at 157 make sure you decrease soluable fiber and increase insoluable (does not affect cholesterol). I have bloating and uncontrollable constipation but I do know that my estrogen being out of balance and that I am very very hormone sensitive fluctation 10 points on e2 either way I can feel it.