Question about test gel vs shots

CF10

CF10

Awards
From reading opinions, most guys prefer shots. But I read the LEF sticky above and it says not to use shots, and that gel is always preferred. So if my doc prescribes me gel at some point, what should I say? I'd definitely rather go with shots unless there is a good reason not to.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Your body naturally pulses testosterone, so its the way to go. Theres a thread on gels vs shots.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Your body naturally pulses testosterone, so its the way to go. Theres a thread on gels vs shots.
I suspect misuse of the word.

Describe what is pulsing.
===============================================
My understanding,
Intravenous, continous.
Doctor prescribes to use medicine every four hours because he want to keep steady levels in the blood.
Another doctor want to pulse the same medicine, he prescribes use once a day. He wants to have fluctuating levels.
It is simplification, lot depends on half-lfe.
----------------
In regard to testosterone application.
Peple used to get testosterone shots, first once a month then every two weeks, so on, now E3d or E2D.
Gells are applied once daily.

So we are going from pulsing toward more frequent applications.
I would hardly call that going into pulsing.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Gels don't work for everyone. In some people it gets quickly converted to esstrogen.

Besides, gels are annoying and messy, not to mention embarassing. For the brief month I tried it I had to hide in the gym when applying after a shower. Yuck.....

CF10

CF10

Awards
From what I understand, gels tend to aromatize more due to the fact that there is aromatase enzyme in the skin. It seems to me that a low dose of a fairly long ester injectable every week or every 3 days is the best way to go. I never questioned it till I read the sticky which said synthetic testosterone like cypionate/enanthate should not be used long term.

"Synthetic testosterone "steroid" drugs are chemically different from the testosterone your body makes and do not provide the same effect as natural testosterone. Some of the synthetic testosterone drugs to avoid using on a long-term basis are methyltestosterone, danazol, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, cypionate, or enanthate."

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
From what I understand, gels tend to aromatize more due to the fact that there is aromatase enzyme in the skin. It seems to me that a low dose of a fairly long ester injectable every week or every 3 days is the best way to go. I never questioned it till I read the sticky which said synthetic testosterone like cypionate/enanthate should not be used long term.

"Synthetic testosterone "steroid" drugs are chemically different from the testosterone your body makes and do not provide the same effect as natural testosterone. Some of the synthetic testosterone drugs to avoid using on a long-term basis are methyltestosterone, danazol, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, cypionate, or enanthate."
Post link from where you have got this quote.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/47697-lifeextension-male-hormone.html

It's in the stickey on this forum. Scroll down a little less than halfway where it says THERAPIES.
There is lattest version of
Male Hormone Restoration
Updated: 07/17/2006
Quote:
A few of the synthetic testosterone drugs that men should avoid using on a long-term basis are methyltestosterone, danazol, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, cyclopentanepropionate, and enanthate.
Cypionate is not on the list any more.
Wonder about Enanthate, everybody outside the USA have to use Enanthate since Depo-T is available only in USA.

============================
Old Quote:
Some of the synthetic testosterone drugs to avoid using on a long-term basis are methyltestosterone, danazol, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, cypionate, or enanthate.

CF10

CF10

Awards
There is lattest version of
Male Hormone Restoration
Updated: 07/17/2006
Quote:
A few of the synthetic testosterone drugs that men should avoid using on a long-term basis are methyltestosterone, danazol, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, cyclopentanepropionate, and enanthate.
Cypionate is not on the list any more.
Wonder about Enanthate, everybody outside the USA have to use Enanthate since Depo-T is available only in USA.

============================
Old Quote:
Some of the synthetic testosterone drugs to avoid using on a long-term basis are methyltestosterone, danazol, oxandrolone, testosterone propionate, cypionate, or enanthate.
Yeah and I wonder why enanthate is on there since it is so similar to cypionate. Most would argue there is no difference at all as far as effects go.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah and I wonder why enanthate is on there since it is so similar to cypionate. Most would argue there is no difference at all as far as effects go.
No diff, but Cyp is much cheaper

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Someone brought this up to Marianco and he says once injected cypionate is the same as normal testosterone.

Testim gel really smells and costs $250/month versus injections which average maybe $40. They patent the application process, not the testosterone which I guess cannot be patented.

anyman

Awards
  • Established
"They patent the process"-- And rip us all off to no small extent.

Someone brought this up to Marianco and he says once injected cypionate is the same as normal testosterone.

Testim gel really smells and costs $250/month versus injections which average maybe $40. They patent the application process, not the testosterone which I guess cannot be patented.
$250 per month is a shameless rip off. No wonder drug and medical care costs are killing us. "Greedy, self centered bastards" is the only phrase which comes to mind.