iodine article interesting

  1. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    iodine article interesting



  2. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    How much of Lugolís solution one should take to match 3-6mg/day?


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Since Lugol’s solution was mentioned on this board (probably by you HAN, I purchased it and use 6 drops/day.At first my stool changed color and shape (lots of small pieces), now I do not see or feel any difference.
    ------------------------------------
    How much of Lugol’s solution one should take to match 3-6mg/day?

    My Hemoglobin A1C=5.4 coresponding to glucose=115
    I probably could use larger doses.


    Quotes from article:
    """""""""""Treatment usually was in the range of 3-6 mg of iodine, though some clinicians have also found higher amounts to work safely and faster """"""""""""""


    =============================
    """"""""Dr. Jonathan Wrights reports that iodine elevates the amount of anti-carcinogenic estriol made and lowers the amount of estrone and estradiol, so that the three forms of estrogen are more balanced in favor of cancer prevention.
    ============================== ====

    """""""""""""" Dr. Flechas has found that iodine can reduce the need for insulin in diabetic patients, using 50 to 100 mg of iodine per day. Of 12 patients, 6 were able to completely come off their medications with random glucose readings below 100 mg/dl and a HbA1cless than 5.8 (normal), and the other 6 were able to reduce the amount and/or number of medications needed to control their diabetes (36). """""""""""""""""

    ============================== =============
    """"""""""""""" Iodine can replace the other halides and cause them to be removed from the body. In fact, many of the symptoms that are reported when high doses of iodine are taken are actually from the detoxification of bromide. The use of a natural sea salt (1/4 teaspoon of salt taken 3 times, about 6 hours apart) will increase the renal clearance of bromide and reduce detoxification symptoms due to bromide. Bromide is used as a pesticide, and now fluoride is also being used as a pesticide oncrops. Bromide also makes into our diets as brominated vegetable oil in citrus flavoredsodas like Mountain Dew. """"""""""""""""""
    .
  3. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Since Lugolís solution was mentioned on this board (probably by you HAN, I purchased it and use 6 drops/day.At first my stool changed color and shape (lots of small pieces), now I do not see or feel any difference.
    ------------------------------------
    How much of Lugolís solution one should take to match 3-6mg/day?

    My Hemoglobin A1C=5.4 coresponding to glucose=115
    I probably could use larger doses.


    Quotes from article:
    """""""""""Treatment usually was in the range of 3-6 mg of iodine, though some clinicians have also found higher amounts to work safely and faster """"""""""""""


    =============================
    """"""""Dr. Jonathan Wrights reports that iodine elevates the amount of anti-carcinogenic estriol made and lowers the amount of estrone and estradiol, so that the three forms of estrogen are more balanced in favor of cancer prevention.
    ============================== ====

    """""""""""""" Dr. Flechas has found that iodine can reduce the need for insulin in diabetic patients, using 50 to 100 mg of iodine per day. Of 12 patients, 6 were able to completely come off their medications with random glucose readings below 100 mg/dl and a HbA1cless than 5.8 (normal), and the other 6 were able to reduce the amount and/or number of medications needed to control their diabetes (36). """""""""""""""""

    ============================== =============
    """"""""""""""" Iodine can replace the other halides and cause them to be removed from the body. In fact, many of the symptoms that are reported when high doses of iodine are taken are actually from the detoxification of bromide. The use of a natural sea salt (1/4 teaspoon of salt taken 3 times, about 6 hours apart) will increase the renal clearance of bromide and reduce detoxification symptoms due to bromide. Bromide is used as a pesticide, and now fluoride is also being used as a pesticide oncrops. Bromide also makes into our diets as brominated vegetable oil in citrus flavoredsodas like Mountain Dew. """"""""""""""""""
    .
    Iodine also supports methylation in the liver as well so people that are under emthysators may have iodine insufficency or problems tranpsorting iodine due to vitamin C defeiincy

    Diabetes tend to be vitamin C defieinct and tend to have higher levels of sorbitol in the blood that lowers vitamin C and vitamin C is needed for iodine transportatioon so this brings up an interesting link between diabetes and hypothyroidism

    Get iodine test first then luguls can be calibrated. Dealing with iodine it needs to be evaluated first before shot gunning supplements. 1 drop lugols = 6.25 mgs iodoral
    So 2 drops would be for maintance for bodily support
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Iodine also supports methylation in the liver as well so people that are under emthysators may have iodine insufficency or problems tranpsorting iodine due to vitamin C defeiincy

    Diabetes tend to be vitamin C defieinct and tend to have higher levels of sorbitol in the blood that lowers vitamin C and vitamin C is needed for iodine transportatioon so this brings up an interesting link between diabetes and hypothyroidism

    Get iodine test first then luguls can be calibrated. Dealing with iodine it needs to be evaluated first before shot gunning supplements. 1 drop lugols = 6.25 mgs iodoral
    So 2 drops would be for maintance for bodily support
    How is iodine test done?
    Can I just add it to my next blood test at Quest?
  5. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    How is iodine test done?
    Can I just add it to my next blood test at Quest?
    No you ned a 24 hour urine test after 50 mgs of iodorol
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    No you ned a 24 hour urine test after 50 mgs of iodorol
    Is there any more evidence about the
    iodine and E1 E2 E3
    connection?
    =============================
    """"""""Dr. Jonathan Wrights reports that iodine elevates the amount of anti-carcinogenic estriol made and lowers the amount of estrone and estradiol, so that the three forms of estrogen are more balanced in favor of cancer prevention.
    ============================== ====
  7. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.35%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Is there any more evidence about the
    iodine and E1 E2 E3
    connection?
    =============================
    """"""""Dr. Jonathan Wrights reports that iodine elevates the amount of anti-carcinogenic estriol made and lowers the amount of estrone and estradiol, so that the three forms of estrogen are more balanced in favor of cancer prevention.
    ============================== ====
    yep it actually has shown in breast cancer patience to cause alteration in e1/e2 ratio
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Some interesting articles on Blood pressure, chol,
    By ryansm in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 03:07 PM
  2. Interesting article on testosterone + letrozole
    By ahnold99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 03:12 PM
  3. Interesting article
    By shred in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2003, 03:55 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2002, 12:04 PM
  5. An interesting news article...
    By Sean in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2002, 09:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in