latest bloodwork June 20th

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Here is my latest bloodwork. I have changed up my protocol with the doc and am currently on Novarel (HCG) 250iu ED, as well as 42.5mg of cortef, 2.75 (increasing to 3 grains) of armour thyroid, pregnenolone 50mg ED (switching to gel as soon as it arrives), plus 25mg of dhea.

So that is, 250 iu HCG ED
42.5mg Cortef
3 grains armour (testing was at 2.75)
50mg pregnenolone
25mg dhea.

Here are the latest results:

ALT 19
Albumin 4.9 (3.6-5.6)

Thyroid:
Free T3 6.15 (2.80-7.10)
Reverse T3 (.27) (0.08-0.32)
Free T4 1.27 (.8-2.30)
TSH 3rd Generation .023 (.270-4.200)

Hormones:
Total Test 750.9 260-1100
E2 38.4 5-45
SHBG 37.14 7-50.00
DHT: 52 (unknown range...dr. j thinks useless or invalid test)

Hematology:
Platelet Count 236 150-450
WBC 4.4 3.8-11
RBC 4.43 4.50-6.10
Hemoglobin 13.5 13.7-17.5
Hematocrit 39.5 40.1-51.0
MCV 89.9 78-98
MCH 30.5 26-33
MCHC 34.2 30-38
Segmented Cells 40.4 34-71
Stabs 0 0-6
Lymphocyte 41.3 19-52
Monos 15.1 0-14.9
Eosinophil 2.1 0-8
Basophils 1.1 0-2
RBC Morphology NORMAL

So the question is....the TEST looks A LOT better than it used to be, but still not ideal with Bioavailable and Free calculated. And what is the deal with all my blood? WHy the low RBC and high Monos?

Last edited:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Here is my latest bloodwork. I have changed up my protocol with the doc and am currently on Novarel (HCG) 250iu ED, as well as 42.5mg of cortef, 2.75 (increasing to 3 grains) of armour thyroid, pregnenolone 50mg ED (switching to gel as soon as it arrives), plus 25mg of dhea.

42.5mg Cortef
50mg pregnenolone
25mg dhea.

ALT 19
Albumin 4.9 (3.6-5.6)

Thyroid:
Free T3 6.15 (2.80-7.10)
Reverse T3 (Pending)
Free T4 1.27 (.8-2.30)

Hormones:
E2 38.4 5-45
SHBG 37.14 7-50.00
DHT: PENDING

Hematology:
WBC 4.4 3.8-11
RBC 4.43 4.50-6.10
MCV 89.9 78-98
MCH 30.5 26-33
MCHC 34.2 30-38
Stabs 0 0-6
Lymphocyte 41.3 19-52
Monos 15.1 0-14.9
Eosinophil 2.1 0-8
Basophils 1.1 0-2
RBC Morphology NORMAL

So the question is....the TEST looks A LOT better than it used to be, but still not ideal with Bioavailable and Free calculated. And what is the deal with all my blood? WHy the low RBC and high Monos?
Roughly estimating what I was shown yesterday by shippen your bio is about 50% so around 350 is availble to the body. If reverse t-3 are elvated suspect its due to the cortisol. Did you take armour before the blood was drawn? It kind of looks like you did Bringing down the estrogen would help this a bit and lower shbg will also bring up bioavaible testosteorne. man question is how you feel ?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Roughly estimating what I was shown yesterday by shippen your bio is about 50% so around 350 is availble to the body. If reverse t-3 are elvated suspect its due to the cortisol. Did you take armour before the blood was drawn? It kind of looks like you did Bringing down the estrogen would help this a bit and lower shbg will also bring up bioavaible testosteorne. man question is how you feel ?
I had taken the armour (1 grain sublingually) prior to the test.
The question I am most concerned...well, one of the most recent question marks is why is my HEMATOLOGY so scrwed up? Why am I so anemic? I looked back at old test results, and noticed the same thing occurred as far back as 03. Yet results here I have from August of 06 (when istarted feeling bad) show only borderline low RBC, and low hematocrit/hemoglobin. Should I do aything for this? Also, it looks like the HCG is boosting the Total test up enough...so what do I do to get bioavailable higher. I definetly still have libido issues...No fun there. And the e2 looks a little high with SHBG a little high too.

You know how I feel...still ****ty. I havent been able to exercise besides a light walk since January. I sleep 10 hours a day just to feel 'normal' and after having a crown done today its even more wacky (even with some heavy stress dosing).

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

42.5mg Cortef
50mg pregnenolone
25mg dhea.

ALT 19
Albumin 4.9 (3.6-5.6)

Thyroid:
Free T3 6.15 (2.80-7.10)
Reverse T3 (Pending)
Free T4 1.27 (.8-2.30)

Hormones:
E2 38.4 5-45
SHBG 37.14 7-50.00
DHT: PENDING

Hematology:
WBC 4.4 3.8-11
RBC 4.43 4.50-6.10
MCV 89.9 78-98
MCH 30.5 26-33
MCHC 34.2 30-38
Stabs 0 0-6
Lymphocyte 41.3 19-52
Monos 15.1 0-14.9
Eosinophil 2.1 0-8
Basophils 1.1 0-2
RBC Morphology NORMAL

Your Total T should be raised to 1100
or other items lowered.
You have a high SHBG.
Get cream with chrysin and pregnenolone.
Pregnenolone pills are worth s----

Get longer blood test.
Too much Cortef

What is that you are talking about when you say: "Bioavailable and Free calculated"

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Chronic inflammation, maybe.
The question is...from what? Back before I started on all these drugs, I had horrible gerd and stomach pains. They still come and go. I have been Gluten free (but not oatmeal, as that did not show up on the test) since september.

I take all sorts of anti-inflamatory supps. Turmeric up the wazoo...anti-ox's. fish oil alot.

what could be causing this inflamation and what can I do about it.

Jan, I have had most of the tests you recommended done at different times....scattered throughout this site.

I was on the t-gel before....are you suggesting going on it again as well as the HCG? I am switching to preg cream as soon as it arrives tomorrow. As for the cortef...no way in hell I can go lower. If I do, life goes to hell quick. I am also on florinef .1mg

Dr. John, any advice?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
The question is...from what? Back before I started on all these drugs, I had horrible gerd and stomach pains. They still come and go. I have been Gluten free (but not oatmeal, as that did not show up on the test) since september.

I take all sorts of anti-inflamatory supps. Turmeric up the wazoo...anti-ox's. fish oil alot.

Jan, I have had most of the tests you recommended done at different times....scattered throughout this site.

I was on the t-gel before....are you suggesting going on it again as well as the HCG? I am switching to preg cream as soon as it arrives tomorrow. As for the cortef...no way in hell I can go lower. If I do, life goes to hell quick. I am also on florinef .1mg

Dr. John, any advice?

excessive cortisol puts a stress on ZInc, magnesium, chromium, and causes alteration in vitamin d metabolism as well as Iron and B-6. your amemic because the cortisol is some how screwing up iron metabolism I can bet you pretty much that its causing you to deplete your copper levels since cortiol does reduce copper levels and copper is needed for absrption of iron and to prevent it fom going pro oxident. I think its ferrious form cs ferric form (I some times have so much information in my head i scares me). inflammation i bet is coming from oxidative stressa and free radicals running rampant. With out copper you body will get really inflammed !! cortisol also chews up vitamin C which lowers c-reactive protein and with out C iron is not useable by the body

Serum vitamin C concentration is low in peripheral...[Circulation. 2001] - PubMed Result

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Dr. John, any advice?
Get all your tests together in chronological order, post them in organized format and latter refer to that individual post.
This is for your own good, help people helping you.

Yes,
1. Control SHBG
get chrysin cream, second choice (this is what I do)
Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, 120 Caps
Super MiraForte with Maximum Strength Chrysin

Advanced Natural Prostate Formula With 5-Loxin, 60 Softgels
Advanced Natural Prostate Formula with 5-Loxin®

2. Get your BioAvailable and FreeT to top of the range as described by Quest Diagnostics
Testosterone Free 46.0-224.0pg/mL
Testosterone Bioavailable 110.0-575.0ng/dL

I was using Androgel 10grams, it sort of worked
Then Tcream,
Yesterday I switched to Depo_Testosterone (original not generic), continue with mine HCG. My testis are not working.

E3D, 28units on syringe for T, 500iu HCG
then two days free of shots.
28/7*3=130.7mg/week T dose

startup extra dose and needle details
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/866546-post27.html

Get as much items you can, in order, hopefully the other will fall in place.

What are your current blood levels for
DHEA
pregnenolone
prolactin

get good estrogen testing

Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Free
Estradiol, Fractionated, serum
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (is part of fractionated)
Estrone,serum (is part of fractionated)
Estrogens, Total, Serum

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
excessive cortisol puts a stress on ZInc, magnesium, chromium, and causes alteration in vitamin d metabolism as well as Iron and B-6. your amemic because the cortisol is some how screwing up iron metabolism I can bet you pretty much that its causing you to deplete your copper levels since cortiol does reduce copper levels and copper is needed for absrption of iron and to prevent it fom going pro oxident. I think its ferrious form cs ferric form (I some times have so much information in my head i scares me). inflammation i bet is coming from oxidative stressa and free radicals running rampant. With out copper you body will get really inflammed !! cortisol also chews up vitamin C which lowers c-reactive protein and with out C iron is not useable by the body

Serum vitamin C concentration is low in peripheral...[Circulation. 2001] - PubMed Result
I DO NOT HAVE EXCESSIVE CORTISOL. at least not 'actively'. even now I still sometimes have symptoms of LOW cortisol....the occasional nauseau...the inability to wake up. anytime i 'use up' extra cortisol (either from pushing it to hard being active, stress, or this crown at the dentist) the next few days I feel like hell.

So please everyone stop telling me to lower my cortef dose. Ive read books and talked toa number of docs that say doses up to 60mg are sometimes needed. I dont like being at 42.5mg either, but I CANNOT lower it at present.

As for copper, havent we discussed this before HAN? I tried supplemnting with copper and had no changes whatsoever.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I DO NOT HAVE EXCESSIVE CORTISOL. at least not 'actively'. even now I still sometimes have symptoms of LOW cortisol....the occasional nauseau...the inability to wake up. anytime i 'use up' extra cortisol (either from pushing it to hard being active, stress, or this crown at the dentist) the next few days I feel like hell.

So please everyone stop telling me to lower my cortef dose. Ive read books and talked toa number of docs that say doses up to 60mg are sometimes needed. I dont like being at 42.5mg either, but I CANNOT lower it at present.

As for copper, havent we discussed this before HAN? I tried supplemnting with copper and had no changes whatsoever.
. What I am saying is that you need cortisol but also may need to offset the side effects of what it is doing to other minerals metabolism is all. Have you had serum copper checked? Wait a second!! do you have problems with your teeth and gums? I fouind an article a while back showing how simple gum and mouith infections that are deep in the root of the gums can cause excessive stress to the adrenals and can lead into adrenal burnout. How common is it to have a hidden infection where no one would ever suspect..

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established

Dr. John, any advice?

There are all kinds of hidden sources of inflammation - asthma, allergies, gum disease, arthritis, lupus, sarcoidosis, arterial plaques . . . the list goes on. Have you had inflammatory markers like CRP, homocysteine, fibrinogen and sed rate done? Sed rate is old-fashioned but they still use it as a screen for lupus.

Another approach would be to just stop worrying about the anemia and monocytosis - they are both mild.

I had a mild anemia, monocytosis and neutropenia for a couple of years following a major clotting episode. They all cleared up in time without any intervention.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
There are all kinds of hidden sources of inflammation - asthma, allergies, gum disease, arthritis, lupus, sarcoidosis, arterial plaques . . . the list goes on. Have you had inflammatory markers like CRP, homocysteine, fibrinogen and sed rate done? Sed rate is old-fashioned but they still use it as a screen for lupus.

Another approach would be to just stop worrying about the anemia and monocytosis - they are both mild.

I had a mild anemia, monocytosis and neutropenia for a couple of years following a major clotting episode. They all cleared up in time without any intervention.
cpeil2

I have a list of risk factors;
would you care to add to it:
How to ask for sed rate (and what other info leads to it).

C-reactive protein CRP
Fibrinogen
Hematocrit
Hemoglobin A1C
Homocysteine, cardio
Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
cpeil2

I have a list of risk factors;
would you care to add to it:
How to ask for sed rate (and what other info leads to it).

C-reactive protein CRP
Fibrinogen
Hematocrit
Hemoglobin A1C
Homocysteine, cardio
Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)

erythrocyte sedimentation rate - but docs usually just write 'sed rate.' It is a test for inflammation. Inflammatory conditions cause an elevated sed rate - meaning that the RBCs settle out of the serum more quickly in the presence of inflammtory proteins. As I said, it is a little old-fashioned, having been largely replaced by CRP, but they still use it as a screen for some conditions such as lupus.

There are other inflammatory markers that I have read of, but I cannot remember them at the moment. Inflammation and how to control it has become an important area of study.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established

Thanks. I had my homocysteine checked and it was LOW, quite low actually but noone said anything...and I know HIGH is what we are looking for.

I think Ive had a few of the others checked in the past 6 months. I will look into them.

do you think I need more iron or anything for the mild anemia? or just wait til the adrenal/thyroid and test get evened out?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I had my homocysteine checked and it was LOW, quite low actually but noone said anything...and I know HIGH is what we are looking for.

I think Ive had a few of the others checked in the past 6 months. I will look into them.

do you think I need more iron or anything for the mild anemia? or just wait til the adrenal/thyroid and test get evened out?
Low homocystein levels
1. impared detoxification
2. DNA infomration is miss transcripted
3. Methylation process by which cells and receptors held together
4. Cancer patience, smokers,diabtics, estrogen imbalances, extreme oxidiative stress all have low homocystein leevls
5. Estrogen can not be metabolized properly and nasty nonmethylated metabolites float around causing damage
6. people with irish or american indian have pregenetic genome deficit as well as 30-40% of the population
7. need folinic acid and methy b-12 (injections to over ride methione synthase malfuction )
8, serotonin and other neurotransmitters are not properly functioning
9. choline is not bein produced and there for cell membranes are ripped open and EFA freed
10. Niacin defieincy - niacin raises homocysteine levels

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Here is my hematology and homocysteine from a previous draw (early spring). Note, the red blood cell stuff is better here (albeit different labs) and no monocytes given.

CBC, Platelet, no differential:

WBC 4.6 (4-10.5) Finally no longer LOW
RBC 4.68 (4.10-5.60)
Hemoglobin 14.8 (12.5-17)
Hematocrit (43.4) (36-50)
MCV 93 (80-98)
MCH 31.7 (27-34)
MCHC 34.2 (32-36)
RDW 14.3 (11.7-15)
Platelets 213 (140-415) STill lower than id like

Homocysteine, Plasma: 4.0 (5-12) I had this checked on a suspicion and its Low.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Here is my hematology and homocysteine from a previous draw (early spring). Note, the red blood cell stuff is better here (albeit different labs) and no monocytes given.

CBC, Platelet, no differential:

WBC 4.6 (4-10.5) Finally no longer LOW
RBC 4.68 (4.10-5.60)
Hemoglobin 14.8 (12.5-17)
Hematocrit (43.4) (36-50)
MCV 93 (80-98)
MCH 31.7 (27-34)
MCHC 34.2 (32-36)
RDW 14.3 (11.7-15)
Platelets 213 (140-415) STill lower than id like

Homocysteine, Plasma: 4.0 (5-12) I had this checked on a suspicion and its Low.

Low is good, too low is not. This seems too low Hardasnails is the go-to guy for low homocysteine.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Significance of Low Plasma Homocysteine.indd

Have an idea your are producing too much glucagon and possible not enough insulin or insulin you are producing is defective giveing you sings of inuslin deficiency. GEt Palam fatty acids done to check cell membranes for EPA./AA ratio

Crazy possiblity but could estrogen metabolites actually bond into e2 receptors causing the body to think that it has enough e2, but in mean while you are having a e2 over load in the serum but a deficiency at the cellular receptor ..Since e2 does increase inuslin out put this could very well make sense..

It is clear that hormonal regulation plays a significant role in controlling the metabolism of homocysteine, as exemplified under diabetic conditions. In the absence of other complications, diabetes is characterized by hypohomocysteinemia that appears to be due, at least in part, to enhanced catabolism of homocysteine through the transsulfuration pathway. A primary regulatory focus in this respect is the increased expression and activation of CBS and its subsequent down-regulation by the action of insulin

Homocysteine and hypomethylation. A novel link to vascular disease.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Low is good, too low is not. This seems too low Hardasnails is the go-to guy for low homocysteine.
ive been taking Sam-e 200mg 2x a day for like 9 months now, plus tmg 500-1g 2x a day plus b-vitamins. I have been taking p-5-p 2x a day as well....and it still is low. What the hell else do I have to do to correct this shiat?

HAN, I lost one of my two insurances....the better one. I already have spent up the wazoo on medical bills (plus 6k on 2 mri's). I cant just keep testing every damn thing. I see Dr. John wednesday, so hopefully that will start to sort things out but its been since last Oct. since the low test was first diagnosed, and since dec when the adrenal/thyroid issues...and im still getting better at a very marginal pace.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
ive been taking Sam-e 200mg 2x a day for like 9 months now, plus tmg 500-1g 2x a day plus b-vitamins. I have been taking p-5-p 2x a day as well....and it still is low. What the hell else do I have to do to correct this shiat?

HAN, I lost one of my two insurances....the better one. I already have spent up the wazoo on medical bills (plus 6k on 2 mri's). I cant just keep testing every damn thing. I see Dr. John wednesday, so hopefully that will start to sort things out but its been since last Oct. since the low test was first diagnosed, and since dec when the adrenal/thyroid issues...and im still getting better at a very marginal pace.
This is article from LEF on how to lower homocysteine, (I know you need to make it higher).

Some of the supplements that you are now taking may be used to lower it. So watch out or at least get good advice.
It looks like clean life lowers homocysteine, that is tough nut to crack. I you sure the test was correct?
------------------------------------------------------------
Print Friendly
Folic acid
Vitamin B12
Vitamin B6
Trimethylglycine (TMG)
Choline
Avoiding methionine-rich foods
Fish oil
Taurine
Exercise
-----------------------------------------------------------

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

Niacin raises homocysteine levels Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients - Find Articles

Niacin Treatment Increases Plasma Homocyst(e)ine Levels
from American Heart Journal

Discussion
In this randomized, placebo-controlled trial of participants with peripheral arterial disease, niacin administration was associated with increased plasma homocyst(e)ine levels. The increased plasma homocyst(e)ine levels were dose dependent in this small number of participants, with greater increases being observed with 3000 mg compared with 1000 mg of niacin daily. The relation of increased plasma homocyst(e)ine levels was previously reported in CLAS, but participants were receiving both niacin and colestipol and it was not possible to determine which drug was responsible.[17] The baseline levels of plasma homocyst(e)ine in this study were somewhat lower than the levels in the patients with peripheral arterial disease in other studies.[21,24,25]
Boushey et al[26] reported an odds ratio of 1.6 (95% confidence interval 1.4-1.7) for men and 1.8 (95% confidence interval 1.4-2.3) for women for coronary artery disease for every 5 µmol/L increase in total plasma homocyst(e)ine level. The net effect of niacin administration on risk for all types of atherosclerotic vascular disease must be carefully evaluated. The increase in plasma homocyst(e)ine level from niacin would be expected to increase the risk of atherosclerotic vascular disease, but its lipid and lipoprotein effects should reduce this risk

http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/cgi/reprint/179/1/35.pdf