Total T and Total E both high...

RoberG623

Awards
My doctor told me that both Total T and Total E were high(E above the labs range). I thought for sure I had low T due to all the symptoms I seem to be suffering. He checked out my Thyroid and said it was fine. Would going on low dose Arimidex help? I'm thinking if I can get my estrogen lowered some it would be enough. I dont have the lab numbers, sorry, I am getting them on Monday.

Thanks,
Robert

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards
My doctor told me that both Total T and Total E were high(E above the labs range). I thought for sure I had low T due to all the symptoms I seem to be suffering. He checked out my Thyroid and said it was fine. Would going on low dose Arimidex help? I'm thinking if I can get my estrogen lowered some it would be enough. I dont have the lab numbers, sorry, I am getting them on Monday.

Thanks,
Robert

come back with some numbers. And if you have the total E, E2, Total T, and Free T it would help. Please also take the time to list the symptoms so a bit of your history is available.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh man, another DR running a basically useless and incomplete bloodwork.

Pointless in running TT without bioavailable, SHBG, albumin, etc. etc.

JansZ, list up!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Oh man, another DR running a basically useless and incomplete bloodwork.

JansZ, list up!
I aim to please;

Not sure if Renin shuold be there to?

1 CBC w/ diff
2 Calcium
3 Carbon dioxide
4 Chloride
5 Copper, serum
6 Ferritin
7 Magnesium
8 Potasium
9 Selenium
10 Sodium
11 Zinc
12 Alkaline phosphase
13 ALT
14 AST
15 BUN/creatinine ratio
16 Creatinine
17 Globulin, calculated
18 Protein Total
19 Urea nitrogen
20 Bilirubin, Total
21 Bilirubin, Direct
22 EGFR non afr american
23 RPR W/Titer & Conf RFX RPR screen
24 C-reactive protein CRP
25 Fibrinogen
26 Hematocrit
27 Hemoglobin A1C
28 Homocysteine, cardio
29 Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
30 Folate, Serum
31 Folate, Serum
32 Cholesterol, Total
33 HDL cholesterol
34 cholesterol/HDL ratio
35 LDL chol, calculated
36 Triglycirides
37 VLDL
38 Vitamin A
39 Vitamin B12, serum
40 Vitamin D, panel
43 T3 Free
44 T3 uptake
45 T3,Total
46 T4,Free
47 T4,Total
48 TSH
49 Glucose, fasting
50 Insuline, serum
51 PSA, Total
52 PSA, %, free
53 IGF Binding protein-3
54 IGF-1
55 Aldosterone
56 Cortisol AM/PM
57 DHEA sulfate
58 Prolactin
59 FSH
60 LH
61 Progesterone
62 Pregnenolone
63 Estradiol, Bioavailable
64 Estradiol, Free
65 Estradiol, Fractionated, serum
66 Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (is part of fractionated)
67 Estrone,serum (is part of fractionated
68 Estrogens, Total, Serum
69 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot
70 Testosterone Total (included in T panel)
71 Testosterone Free(included in T panel)
72 Testosterone Bioavailable(included in T panel)
73 SHBG(included in T panel)
74 Albumin, serum(included in T panel)
75 Dihydrotestosterone DHT

RoberG623

Awards
Lab Results: (Labcorp)

Testosterone, Serum -552 241-827
Free Test (direct) 21.3 8.7-25.1

Estrogen Level 126 Adult Male 40-115

TSH 1.753 .350-5.500
T4 8.8 4.5-12.0
T3 Uptake 48 24-39 %
Free Thyroxine 4.2 1.2-4.9

I went to the Dr. complaining of fatigue, moodiness and just pretty much feeling like crap all the time. I have been working out consistently for three years all making very little progress. He checked my Test. levels and he said they were fine. He told me I was suffering from Depression. I asked him if he would check my Estrogen levels (I should have been more specific as to which test) and he looked at me like I was crazy and told me he had never did that for a male patient, but he did it. He also checked my Thyroid.

He called me at home to tell me my Estrogen came back high and asked me what to do and I told him about Arimidex and to my surprise he prescribed it to me and told me to come back in a month to be tested again. This time I will go in there with a list of the correct tests to run.

He also said my Thyroid was fine but what do you guys think about the T3 uptake being well over the range? Is that anything to be concerned about? I did the body temperature test thing and it is consistently at 97.4

Thanks,
Robert

aculpep

Awards
Looks like your T levels are good to me but I'll let the experts comment. Definitely need more tests. Doesnt look like the E2 test range I got back from labcorp. Is that the ultra-sensitive assay? This is the range I get from labcorp. Make sure it's the right one or it's not accurate.

E2 46 (0-53)

Allen

Lab Results: (Labcorp)

Testosterone, Serum -552 241-827
Free Test (direct) 21.3 8.7-25.1

Estrogen Level 126 Adult Male 40-115

TSH 1.753 .350-5.500
T4 8.8 4.5-12.0
T3 Uptake 48 24-39 %
Free Thyroxine 4.2 1.2-4.9

I went to the Dr. complaining of fatigue, moodiness and just pretty much feeling like crap all the time. I have been working out consistently for three years all making very little progress. He checked my Test. levels and he said they were fine. He told me I was suffering from Depression. I asked him if he would check my Estrogen levels (I should have been more specific as to which test) and he looked at me like I was crazy and told me he had never did that for a male patient, but he did it. He also checked my Thyroid.

He called me at home to tell me my Estrogen came back high and asked me what to do and I told him about Arimidex and to my surprise he prescribed it to me and told me to come back in a month to be tested again. This time I will go in there with a list of the correct tests to run.

He also said my Thyroid was fine but what do you guys think about the T3 uptake being well over the range? Is that anything to be concerned about? I did the body temperature test thing and it is consistently at 97.4

Thanks,
Robert

RoberG623

Awards
Looks like your T levels are good to me but I'll let the experts comment. Definitely need more tests. Doesnt look like the E2 test range I got back from labcorp. Is that the ultra-sensitive assay? This is the range I get from labcorp. Make sure it's the right one or it's not accurate.

E2 46 (0-53)

Allen
Yeah, I'm sure the estrogen test her ran was the wrong one. It still looks elevated.

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
not meant to hyjack this thread- but I'm beginning to understand TT, FreeT, BioT, even how Estradiol and SHBG fits in, but still unclear about albumin.

What is Albumin all about?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
not meant to hyjack this thread- but I'm beginning to understand TT, FreeT, BioT, even how Estradiol and SHBG fits in, but still unclear about albumin.

What is Albumin all about?
Albumin is about weakly bound testosterone.

FreeT and Testosterone that is bound to Albumin =BioAvailableT

Testosterone that is strongly bound to SHBG is considered not available.