hgh-your opinions

stern

Awards
Those of you who use hgh therapy or those in the know, how effective is it? Is the difference worth the expense. What are the biggest benefits vs side effects of anti-aging doses/therapy. I am one of Dr. John's patients and I was considering talking to him about possibility of hgh therapy.
My igf-1 was 159 (69-329) when last measured.
I am 41 and have been on hrt for about a year and a half under Dr. John's care and what a difference it has made in my life......I can't begin to tell you the positive effect's it has had.

For those of you thinking you may need this type of treatment(hRT), I say don't mess around trying to find a knowledgible Dr. Start with without a doubt one of, if not the best...Dr. John. If it is even remotely feasable, you will not be sorry. A pleasure to talk to and a mans man of a doctor! lol But I digress... I am interested in hearing from anyone with good or bad experiences with hgh therapy.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Those of you who use hgh therapy or those in the know, how effective is it? Is the difference worth the expense. What are the biggest benefits vs side effects of anti-aging doses/therapy. I am one of Dr. John's patients and I was considering talking to him about possibility of hgh therapy.
I am 41 and have been on hrt for about a year and a half under Dr. John's care and what a difference it has made in my life......I can't begin to tell you the positive effect's it has had.

For those of you thinking you may need this type of treatment(hRT), I say don't mess around trying to find a knowledgible Dr. Start with without a doubt one of, if not the best...Dr. John. If it is even remotely feasable, you will not be sorry. A pleasure to talk to and a mans man of a doctor! lol But I digress... I am interested in hearing from anyone with good or bad experiences with hgh therapy.
#1 your doc know best

Some cancers have HGH receptors.
Anything of this sort in your family?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would LOVE to hear from others about HGH therapy. The other IGF-1 board doesn't seem to have much GH therapy, its mostly guys running cycles and such.

My IGF-1 level was 130(126 - 350) Yea, and Im only 27 :(

My joints and back in the morning ache like no other. Bad workout recovery time too.

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards

HGH taken in physiologic doses is subtle and takes a few months for more noticeable effects. However, what are the benefits that you are seeking? HGH will not have those initial effects like you achieve on TRT.

aculpep

Awards
Why don't you ask Dr. John about it since you are his patient? :) I'm sure he'd know. I've done some reading and at low doses seems mostly for fat loss and general feeling of well being. Higher does increases the number of muscle cells but I wouldn't do high doses myself.

I'll let you know my experience as I am probably going to try it out once I get other things stable. I'll start a log if/when I go on it.

Last edited:

aculpep

Awards
One of the side affects I've read says it can give you sore joints though. :)

I would LOVE to hear from others about HGH therapy. The other IGF-1 board doesn't seem to have much GH therapy, its mostly guys running cycles and such.

My IGF-1 level was 130(126 - 350) Yea, and Im only 27 :(

My joints and back in the morning ache like no other. Bad workout recovery time too.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
The people on the LEF board love it, but then again, a bunch of them just got scammed by a board member.

I am going to try to bring my HGH up naturally with arginine

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
One of the side affects I've read says it can give you sore joints though. :)
Not with dosages of 1IU a day. Better workout recovery time, Increased T, better sleep/mood/wellbeing, joints feel better. GH is the shiznit. I want it!

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
The people on the LEF board love it, but then again, a bunch of them just got scammed by a board member.

There are doubts about the effect of amino acids been able to increase the release under a 24 hour curve.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards

I've read that the only time there was a rise in HGH with arginine I.V. on people in their teens.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
#1 your doc know best

Some cancers have HGH receptors.
Anything of this sort in your family?
Most tissues have no HGH receptors, you are probably trying to talk about the effect of IGG-1 and don't understand the HP-GH-IGF axis.

Most cancers have decoupled their need for IGF-1 as a signal to regulate growth and cell division. That is in many ways the definition of a cancer. Think of it this way, you are driving your car and the throttle is stuck wide open and the engine is going as hard as it can. Your wife is in the next seat telling you to slow down or go faster, does the engine care? No.

Most voodoo about cancer has no valid data, only guess work.

Most cancers in the body are eliminated by the body and the immune system takes part in that. HG improves immune function. As a group, therapeutic HG users may have less cancers than the general population.

There was an initiative to do scans for lung cancer to find these very early and treat them. The incidence of cancers found was way higher than the numbers of the normal population that present to doctors with a problem that exposes a lung cancer. What happened to all of those early cancers? -They go away on their own.

Headdoc

Headdoc

Awards
Most tissues have no HGH receptors, you are probably trying to talk about the effect of IGG-1 and don't understand the HP-GH-IGF axis.

Most cancers have decoupled their need for IGF-1 as a signal to regulate growth and cell division. That is in many ways the definition of a cancer. Think of it this way, you are driving your car and the throttle is stuck wide open and the engine is going as hard as it can. Your wife is in the next seat telling you to slow down or go faster, does the engine care? No.

Most cancers in the body are eliminated by the body and the immune system takes part in that. HG improves immune function. As a group, therapeutic HG users may have less cancers than the general population.

There was an initiative to do scans for lung cancer to find these very early and treat them. The incidence of cancers found was way higher than the numbers of the normal population that present to doctors with a problem that exposes a lung cancer. What happened to all of those early cancers? -They go away on their own.

you can however monitor IGFBP-3 levels as a cancer marker. Using you analogy, the IGFBP-3 would be the wife in the drivers seat reflecting the speed.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Couldn't agree more. There is no way I can see how 1IU per day of GH would increase cancer risk. If anything, I would boost immune system and protect and lower risk.

Given the benefits, any increases in risk would be worth it.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

My cancer is liposarcoma.
Liposarcoma is relatively rare, lipomas are very very comon.

Expression of growth hormone receptor in human lip...[Oncol Rep. 2000 Jul-Aug] - PubMed Result

Expression of growth hormone receptor in human liposarcomas and lipomas.

Temmim L, Kölle S, Baker H, Sinowatz F.

Kuwait Cancer Control Centre, Kuwait.

Our immunohistochemical results clearly demonstrated the occurrence of growth hormone receptors (GH-R) in the tumour cells of lipomas and liposarcomas. In liposarcomas staining intensity in the cytoplasm of tumour cells varied between weak and distinct but could not be correlated to the histological grade of the malignant tumours. These findings were corroborated to some extent by the RT-PCR results. RT-PCR analysis of human lipomas and liposarcomas revealed the amplified cDNA fragment of GH-R in 8 out of 12 lipomas but only in 3 out of 10 liposarcomas. The reduced number of GH-R positive tumours found with PCR may be explained by the extraction method of RNA from paraffin sections. An interesting finding was the distinct immunoreactivity of the endothelium of blood vessels in liposarcomas, which was especially pronounced in the newly forming capillaries. This points to an important role of GH-R in tumour angiogenesis which could significantly contribute to tumour growth in liposarcomas and may open the possibility for therapeutic intervention using antiangiogenic substances.
PMID: 10854539 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
"An interesting finding was the distinct immunoreactivity of the endothelium of blood vessels in liposarcomas, which was especially pronounced in the newly forming capillaries. This points to an important role of GH-R in tumour angiogenesis which could significantly contribute to tumour growth in liposarcomas and may open the possibility for therapeutic intervention using antiangiogenic substances."

Interesting. The tumor triggers increased blood vessel growth, which is well known. But does growth hormone increase the rate of vessel development in vessels growing in response to the influence of the tumor? Tumors can create some local growth factors, but does GH influence the rate of that growth? What is GH actually doing when we associate most of the affects of GH with the IGF-1 peptide. If the GH receptors are there, it would be interesting to know if IGF-1 receptors are there as well.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
"An interesting finding was the distinct immunoreactivity of the endothelium of blood vessels in liposarcomas, which was especially pronounced in the newly forming capillaries. This points to an important role of GH-R in tumour angiogenesis which could significantly contribute to tumour growth in liposarcomas and may open the possibility for therapeutic intervention using antiangiogenic substances."

Interesting. The tumor triggers increased blood vessel growth, which is well known. But does growth hormone increase the rate of vessel development in vessels growing in response to the influence of the tumor? Tumors can create some local growth factors, but does GH influence the rate of that growth? What is GH actually doing when we associate most of the affects of GH with the IGF-1 peptide. If the GH receptors are there, it would be interesting to know if IGF-1 receptors are there as well.
I always wonder if my lpiposarcoma have anything to do with the sprays I was using.
They were supposed to increase HGH naturally.
Actualy he is still selling it.
http://www.physicianschoice.net/pages/Home/Shopping/Youth/Super_HGH_Spray

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Many think the sprays are not of any value in increasing HGH. So probably no reason to think of cause and effect.

I have not seen any changes whatsoever, that is why I stopped it years ago.
----------------------------
I need your best guess.
I am switching to Tcypionate.
Will do E2D or E3D subQ shots, HCG shots at the same time.
I am aiming for TotalT=1000 on a day of the shot before shot.
What weekly dose should I start with, I am 160#;?
Best if you have your own history, plus give me your body weight.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I need your best guess.
Best if you have your own history, plus give me your body weight.[/QUOTE]

98mg/wk cyp (Watsons) as 28mg EOD, 250iu SQ HCG (APP) EOD, 1mg/wk anastrozole took me to 1025 TT (LabCorp). Free T high and DHT very good. I am 154#. I don't think that the levels change much day to day due to the overlapping T injected deposits. I do my testing the day after injecting on this EOD protocol, otherwise 1/2 between injections. AI should increase FT for most.

Without HCG or AI I was 886 TT doing weekly injections, tested 3.5 days after last injection, felt crappy on that protocol.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Should armidex also bring down shbg as well? if e2 is not incheck

Run 40 mgs of cyp or eth every 3rd day (29 gauge in quad) with ..33 mgs of adex and 250 ius of hcg this is probably the easiest way and most convinet to remember.. retest blood after 5 weeks then make adjusments might want to use pregenonlone cream as well provide building blocks for your hormones ..

on every 3rd day protocol when is good time to draw the blood? Would on day 2 after injection in the morning be good? because this would possible catch the delayed spike from the e2 possibly since ther eis a lag time on t:e conversion

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established

on every 3rd day protocol when is good time to draw the blood? Would on day 2 after injection in the morning be good? because this would possible catch the delayed spike from the e2 possibly since ther eis a lag time on t:e conversion
AI reduces SHBG only by reducing the action of estrogens that tend to increase SHBG. There is no reason to expect any direct action of AI on SHBG production.

With EOD dosing, the spikes are reduced to ?"28%"? of what you would get injecting 100mg weekly. And the contribution wave forms of a few prior injections are also overlapping. Again, with frequent injections, T spikes are probably minor, so the day tested becomes less of an issue.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Run 40 mgs of cyp or eth every 3rd day (29 gauge in quad) with ..33 mgs of adex and 250 ius of hcg this is probably the easiest way and most convinet to remember.. retest blood after 5 weeks then make adjusments might want to use pregenonlone cream as well provide building blocks for your hormones ..

40mg E3D would be perfect, given thats 10 injects a month and pretty close to averaging out to 100mg per week, which seems to be the steady rate to get one near high normal.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I need your best guess.
Best if you have your own history, plus give me your body weight.
98mg/wk cyp (Watsons) as 28mg EOD, 250iu SQ HCG (APP) EOD, 1mg/wk anastrozole took me to 1025 TT (LabCorp). Free T high and DHT very good. I am 154#. I don't think that the levels change much day to day due to the overlapping T injected deposits. I do my testing the day after injecting on this EOD protocol, otherwise 1/2 between injections. AI should increase FT for most.

Without HCG or AI I was 886 TT doing weekly injections, tested 3.5 days after last injection, felt crappy on that protocol.
My testis are for decoration only.
I need more than 28mg EOD

28mgEOD=28*7/2=98

Would this work as first approximation??
Aiming at 1100
1100/886*98=121.67mg
121.67/7*3=52.14
52.14/200=0.26cc
or
26units on insuline syringe
injected every 3rd day

52*7/3=121.33mg/week Tcypionate
on same day as T also HCG 500iu
10000/500=20 shots, vial will last 20*3=60 days

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
My testis are for decoration only.
I need more than 28mg EOD

28mgEOD=28*7/2=98

Would this work as first approximation??
Aiming at 1100
1100/886*98=121.67mg
121.67/7*3=52.14
52.14/200=0.26cc
or
26units on insulin syringe
injected every 3rd day

52*7/3=121.33mg/week
I agree with the math, looks like a good start.

I have a nasty habit of injecting multiple T doses from one load of an insulin syringe. With that in mind, if I were doing that, I would be loading a 50iu insulin syringe with 52 by eye and shooting 26x2. That would take a while for me to unject with a #29!

Will you inject IM or SQ?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I have a nasty habit of injecting multiple T doses from one load of an insulin syringe. With that in mind, if I were doing that, I would be loading a 50iu insulin syringe with 52 by eye and shooting 26x2. That would take a while for me to unject with a #29!

Will you inject IM or SQ?
Plan is for SubQ around navel.

I noted that area below navel is little more sensitive than above, I tend to use area above navel more often.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was thinking of giving my 67yo body liposuction around the navel, now I found a good use for this fat.
It is not totally hopeless, at least it is less fat than it was when I was 15 and same weight.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I have a nasty habit of injecting multiple T doses from one load of an insulin syringe. Will you inject IM or SQ?
Sounds like a good way to save time and money. Lots of diabetics do this, if your hardcore about being clean and using alcohol swabs, no problem in doing that.

FYI, lots of Shippens guys that I talk to in PM's from other board are injecting T subQ, E3D, usually 40mg. There is one guy who is an advid bicyclist that bikes every morning and didn't like the sore thigh from biking in morning after thigh inject - loves subQ.

I wonder about oil in belly fat. Everyone seems ok. Not alot of past history with subQ T - you are amoungst a few.