- 06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
- 06-09-2007, 12:02 PM
06-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Not long ago we were talking about TotalTestosterone rather exclusivey. Now most realize that the actual value is in Bioavailable and as second in importance, Free Testosterone.
Total Testosterone is just good starting conversation maker.
I think same apply to Estrodial and Total Estrogens.
Start conversation with
Estrodial, serum, Ultrasensitive
but make sure you also test for
Estrodial, serum, fractionated
(contains E1, E2, E3)
Estrogen, Total, Serum
for the concisely written list of
Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estradiol, Fractionated, serum
and again, this can be had only at Quest Diagnostics.
I am assuming that it will not be long when Quest will do combined test for Estrogens, similar to their
(Free BioAvailable and Total testosterone)
that test contain additionally information on Albumin and SHBG.
Since many values are interrelated, additional accuracy could be probably achieved when group of tests is done as a panel.
06-09-2007, 08:17 PM
KSMan explains it well. Remember the free testosterone and free estrogen compete at the same receptors. You want sufficiently excessive free T as compared to E so that testosterone wins most (but not all) of the time.
Similar Forum Threads
- By lidocain in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 1Last Post: 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM
- By LiveNDie in forum AnabolicsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
- By superone in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 10Last Post: 11-27-2008, 10:40 AM
- By markandy75 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 5Last Post: 07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
- By MegaMan7 in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2006, 11:41 PM