coconut oil - anyone using?

user88777

Awards
Just curious if anyone is using it in conjunction or in place of carlson's fish oil or others. If so - what benefits and/or dosages are you using?

thanks!

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Just curious if anyone is using it in conjunction or in place of carlson's fish oil or others. If so - what benefits and/or dosages are you using?

thanks!
I have reserved a book from Bruce Fife, N.D. (whatever ND means) from the library. It is a book on specifically on the benefits of coconut oil. I currently do not use it.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
I use raw virgin organic coconut oil for all my cooking:food: :food:

cjones84

Awards
I am curious on peoples experience with adrenal insufficiency and low thyroid hormones find with adding this and things like sea salt to their diet

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

thanks!
I'm doing a CKD type diet, and I use coconut oil kept in the fridge as desserts :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I've used it for a few years and I do think it does what many claim. After a couple of tablespoons, there is a subtle change in metabolism..I get warmer, breathing rate changes.

I can't speak much for it's wieght loss claims because I seldom cut and when I do there's usually some ephedrine involved.

If you have dry skin, CO will definitely help both from eating it and using it topically. It's one of the best aftershave skin toners I've ever used...really soothes razor burn.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It definitely helped lower my cholesterol numbers. Went from 215 to 178 with just the addition of CO. Was already taking fish oil and psyllium.

1cc

Awards
I REALLY feel it. And fat falls me with it.
After a couple of tablespoons, there is a subtle change in metabolism..I get warmer, breathing rate changes.
Coconut oil stimulates thyroid hormone, which may account for these effects.

It definitely helped lower my cholesterol numbers. Went from 215 to 178 with just the addition of CO. Was already taking fish oil and psyllium.
Thyroid hormone promotes the production of cholesterol to pregnenolone. Also another interesting quote from the link below: “The coconut family contains steroids that resemble pregnenolone”.

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article10971.htm

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 9
Supplements 31
Supplements 55
DemntedCowboy Nutrition / Health 1