Does this make sense to anyone?

thomastobird

Awards
Alright. I have all the symptoms of low T. I did a steroid cycle and never recovered. Now my Blood tests come back with test around 550. Estrogen at 43. Free test has came back in the bottom 1/5th, and bottom 1/3 of the normal range. I just read in another thread that test is supposed to be 30x E2. Mine's about 12x.

I tried taking some arimidex to lower E2 and bump up free, and total test. I noticed some effects, but nothing earth shatering. I then went to a apparently great HRT doctor, and he told me to stop everything and just follow his direction and he will get my Test up to 900, E2 in check and get me on HCG. well that sounds great.

Here's the problem. He gave me a script and told me to take 0.35 cc of HCG 3 times a week then get blood tests done and see him in 2 months. Does that make any sense? That surely isn't going to do anything really is it?

Also my other question. He told me not to do anything else. I just noticed Cholesterol is terrible. I don't eat bad, I'm young it's for sure from my test problems. I'm wondering opinions on if I should get to my GP and get some cholesterol medication or just wait to see the TRT doc again. I don't feel comfortable after reading on a couple websites I'm in heart attack territory, and I'm shocked that after having docs order and read my blood tests over the last couple years nobody has mentioned this.

Any help would be great thanks.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
The docs need something solid to reliably diagnose you. If you start doing anything on your own you mess with what the doc can do for you. I don't suggest taking or doing anything outside of what he is saying IF you trust him. If you don't then get a second opinion before you start self medicating.

Bad cholesterol does not have to be from your previous steroid cycle. There are several different factors in that alone. If you see a GP before you get a follow up with your HRT doc then I would ask that doc first. I don't think 2 months is too long to wait unless your cholesterol is so high you risk some immediate serious medical problems.

I say this everytime but...It's your health and you are responsible for keeping it in good shape. Good luck.

thomastobird

Awards
The docs need something solid to reliably diagnose you. If you start doing anything on your own you mess with what the doc can do for you. I don't suggest taking or doing anything outside of what he is saying IF you trust him. If you don't then get a second opinion before you start self medicating.

Bad cholesterol does not have to be from your previous steroid cycle. There are several different factors in that alone. If you see a GP before you get a follow up with your HRT doc then I would ask that doc first. I don't think 2 months is too long to wait unless your cholesterol is so high you risk some immediate serious medical problems.

I say this everytime but...It's your health and you are responsible for keeping it in good shape. Good luck.
I'm not doing anything on my own anymore. I didn't have a doctor that knew what he was doing for a long time, so I tried doing the arimidex thing myself. Since I saw my the TRT doc that Dr.John recomended I havn't done anything myself and am just doing what the doc is prescribing. However 0.35cc 3x/week seems like it wouldn't do anything. I'm just wondering if anybody sees any point in what he's doing so far. I'm just kind of confused by a small dose of Hcg by itself.

I don't exactly know what cholesterol level would cause immediate serious medical problems. My Bad level is high, and my good level is low. My test-Estrogen levels seem to be off, and what I've read from my doctors website bringing levels of test up to where they should be would help those levels. I don't live a unhealthy lifestyle, I just didn't recover after a steroid cycle and have felt terrible ever since. The only thing I could see effecting my cholesterol.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I'm not doing anything on my own anymore. I didn't have a doctor that knew what he was doing for a long time, so I tried doing the arimidex thing myself. Since I saw my the TRT doc that Dr.John recomended I havn't done anything myself and am just doing what the doc is prescribing. However 0.35cc 3x/week seems like it wouldn't do anything. I'm just wondering if anybody sees any point in what he's doing so far. I'm just kind of confused by a small dose of Hcg by itself.

I don't exactly know what cholesterol level would cause immediate serious medical problems. My Bad level is high, and my good level is low. My test-Estrogen levels seem to be off, and what I've read from my doctors website bringing levels of test up to where they should be would help those levels. I don't live a unhealthy lifestyle, I just didn't recover after a steroid cycle and have felt terrible ever since. The only thing I could see effecting my cholesterol.
That amount of HCG is enough to cause testes to produce a normal amount of testosterone [in normal men who have had their HPTA shut down with testosterone injections]. So you are good on the HCG side. You might notice changes in your testes and scrotum. Huge amounts of HCG is VERY stupid, even though you can find references to BB's using it that way.

Your E2 is high. I don't know why it will come down. I would have done the same as you with the arimidex.

How much arimidex were you taking per week?

I have seen a few guys who have had hormone levels messed up after a cycle [with poor or no PCT]. E is up which inhibits the HPTA. Libido is poor and erections can be a problem.

I think that your doc is going to try shifting things with a PCT type of approach.

HCG will not lower E2 directly and the testes will be making more E2 than before.

E2 can limit the effects of high T, FT and DHT on libido. Oddly, when T levels are high, anabolic and androgenic effects can be good but libido, erections etc not.

Stick it out and see where this goes. You can improve your diet and activity now. Loosing fat can help with the E2 situation.

When I got onto TRT, my total cholesterol dropped from 270 to 206, now 202. Balancing the hormones can lower cholesterol. I was able to dodge the statin drug bullet and the avoided costs help offset the costs of TRT management.

thomastobird

Awards
That amount of HCG is enough to cause testes to produce a normal amount of testosterone [in normal men who have had their HPTA shut down with testosterone injections]. So you are good on the HCG side. You might notice changes in your testes and scrotum. Huge amounts of HCG is VERY stupid, even though you can find references to BB's using it that way.

Your E2 is high. I don't know why it will come down. I would have done the same as you with the arimidex.

How much arimidex were you taking per week?

I have seen a few guys who have had hormone levels messed up after a cycle [with poor or no post cycle therapy]. E is up which inhibits the HPTA. Libido is poor and erections can be a problem.

I think that your doc is going to try shifting things with a PCT type of approach.

HCG will not lower E2 directly and the testes will be making more E2 than before.

E2 can limit the effects of high T, FT and DHT on libido. Oddly, when T levels are high, anabolic and androgenic effects can be good but libido, erections etc not.

Stick it out and see where this goes. You can improve your diet and activity now. Loosing fat can help with the E2 situation.

When I got onto TRT, my total cholesterol dropped from 270 to 206, now 202. Balancing the hormones can lower cholesterol. I was able to dodge the statin drug bullet and the avoided costs help offset the costs of TRT management.
It's very good to hear that your cholsterol was improved with TRT. That has me kind of worried.

Fats not really a problem I felt terrible the first year it happened and I was 10%bodyfat. I still feel terrible at 20%, but not worse. I can't seem to loose fat at all now anyways.

I was stupid with the arimidex the first time around. The plan was originaly to do 0.1mg ED. I figured I would do the first day at 0.2mg to get the blood levels up quicker. I felt better but not near 100% so continued the dose. I figured if I feel 50% better I would need to up the dose. Stupid. So I quit taking it thinking my E2 would hit the right zone at some point on the way back up. Never happened. I did notice a difference though, and the 6oxo I tried a couple weeks before noticed a difference as well.

Anyways About 10 days after quiting the arimidex I had my apointment with the TRT doc and he said don't do anything on your own or I'll kick you out. He said he'd get me to 900levels, with hcg and arimidex. It's taken me 3 years to get a decent doc so I'm not risking doing anythign else myself.

One question though. When you said with high T and high E you have good androgenic, and anabolic effects but poor libido, and ED. When doing cycles in the past I've had high E, and bodybuilders have high E all the time getting gyno some times. I've never heard of anyone on high amounts of Test having ED despite having high E. Or do you just mean high T in comparison to normal people

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Gyno isn't always caused by high estrogen while on a cycle but steroids can aromitize though. I've seen people get gyno with their E in the gutter...Dr. D can tell you all the symptoms of low E. Prolactin can be a cause of Gyno as well.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
. Prolactin can be a cause of Gyno as well.
Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Ksman is right - High T = good androgenic response(able to put muscle on/aggressive) and have high E2 and get no erections.

This is common amoungst steroid users. Ask anyone using Big doses of T + Deca about Deca dik and they will tell you.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
One question though. When you said with high T and high E you have good androgenic, and anabolic effects but poor libido, and ED. When doing cycles in the past I've had high E, and bodybuilders have high E all the time getting gyno some times. I've never heard of anyone on high amounts of Test having ED despite having high E. Or do you just mean high T in comparison to normal people
My TT was over 1000, FT 36, DHT very good and I had brain fog, some ED, libido sucked, low energy. Lowered the E and most problems cleared up. So good T levels alone do not make things right. A Balance is needed.

thomastobird

Awards
Gyno isn't always caused by high estrogen while on a cycle but steroids can aromitize though. I've seen people get gyno with their E in the gutter...Dr. D can tell you all the symptoms of low E. Prolactin can be a cause of Gyno as well.
Really, never knew that. Everybody I've talked to says to take an AI if you're getting gyno. I think my Prolactin looks fine. It's 6 on a scale of 2-18.

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

Ksman is right - High T = good androgenic response(able to put muscle on/aggressive) and have high E2 and get no erections.

This is common amoungst steroid users. Ask anyone using Big doses of T + Deca about Deca dik and they will tell you.
I 've never taken Deca so I havn't looked into it too much and don't know what action it takes. I've just always heard that you need to have more Test then Deca in your stack to keep Deca **** away.

Any idea what gives Deca ****? Is it something to do with DHT or what?

And if I get high T regardless of E will that mean body hair will come back? I shave like I'm in grade 7 again. Is that a decent indicator of T?

My TT was over 1000, FT 36, DHT very good and I had brain fog, some ED, libido sucked, low energy. Lowered the E and most problems cleared up. So good T levels alone do not make things right. A Balance is needed.
Right on. Atleast my doc said he'd do the same thing, so I guess I'll just wait and see what he does next month. The Hcg just didn't make any sense to me as it hasn't done anything in a month and on paper it doesn't really make sense by itself.

Thanks again guys.