androgel timing question

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
Question...

I know androgel says to apply in the AM (best time) but I work as an electrician and I usually apply at 5AM after showering...

well by 9:30-10 in these hot months I am sweating, and I am real conscious of the gel wearing off. Plus being that some of our work is outside I want to apply sunblock and get iffy about doing that on my upper arms where I applied the gel.

I called the company that makes androgel and they said I can apply later in the evening if I want to. I was thinking after the gym around 6-8PM.

my question to you all is is this going to affect the dispersion of the testosterone through me or does the time of day not matter with the dose? Will this affect my levels at all or is the morning the best time?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, am I overreacting about the sweating thing or is this a legitimate concern.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
I hope I can get a good answer to this by the AM or else I am going to have to keep applying in the PM and to be honest I really don't want to manipulate the medicine's dosage too much since I am having success using it.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes you can put it on after the gym at 6pm as long as it does not keep you up all night. When you put the gel on about 1% of the testosteron gets through the skin. And it is there putting a little into your blood over the next 24 hrs. It's like a reservoir feeding you body testosterone a little at a time. It dose spike in about 2 to 4 hrs after you put it on. There is a chart in this link that shows how long the T works for different meds androgel and testim are in this.
http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6413&d=1139879356

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Question...

I know androgel says to apply in the AM (best time) but I work as an electrician and I usually apply at 5AM after showering...

well by 9:30-10 in these hot months I am sweating, and I am real conscious of the gel wearing off. Plus being that some of our work is outside I want to apply sunblock and get iffy about doing that on my upper arms where I applied the gel.

I called the company that makes androgel and they said I can apply later in the evening if I want to. I was thinking after the gym around 6-8PM.

my question to you all is is this going to affect the dispersion of the testosterone through me or does the time of day not matter with the dose? Will this affect my levels at all or is the morning the best time?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Also, am I overreacting about the sweating thing or is this a legitimate concern.
Until early this year for over three years I was using 10gram, two packets of Androgel. I was never able to stay just on arms, too much gel to go around.
I would try to stay with morning schedule and apply it from waist down except genital and anal area, down to ankles if you have to. I am using 2 grams of Tcream now. 100mg/1gram and also 100mg/1gram pregnenolone cream, 1gram/day. Total 3grams of cream. I apply the cream in three gloobs on my calfs, I use a tip of index finger, then I rub calfs so nothing goes to waste. Dry out period is much longer with Tcream but after about 20 minutes I can put long pants on, shorts I can use a right a way.

When you are going to apply Androgel in the evening try not to shower in the morning.
Also, sex usually happens in the evening, problem with a transfer.
=======================================
Since I am using HCG EOD, I am seriously considering changing to subQ T shots, EOD, on the same days as HCG.
One day shots the other free and so on.
Some people reuse needles, if so then preload 1/2cc with T.
100mg/week=0.5mL/week
E2D dose = 0.5/7*2=0.143mL=0.143cc=14marks on insuline syringe, '=0.14/2*7*200=98
0.14 1
0.28 2
0.42 3
0.56 4
I think KSman is preloading up to 0.56mL (eyballing the 0.06)
so you good for 8 days with T

HCG Novarel 250IU/EOD (store in refrigirator)

1 250
2 500
3 750
4 1000
use 1cc 30ga, also good for 8 days.
Tshots 28ga 1/2cc syringe
HCG 30ga or 31ga or same as for T.

BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2inch Needle 100/ box Price: $24.99
BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2inch Needle 100/ box
BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2Inch 100/Box Price: $23.50
BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2Inch 100/Box
BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1cc 1/2Inch 100/Box Price: $23.50
BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1cc 1/2Inch 100/Box

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
thank you...

your HCG cycle is week 1 - 250iu, week 2 500 iu, etc.?

do you cycle HCG, and how is that done?

a lot of this is new to me so some explaining and questions will be in order. :)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
thank you...

your HCG cycle is week 1 - 250iu, week 2 500 iu, etc.?

do you cycle HCG, and how is that done?

a lot of this is new to me so some explaining and questions will be in order. :)
No cycling, always use the same routine. Any changes in T dose are due to blood test results.

One day shots (T & HCG) the other day free of shots and so on.
If you are going to do HCG shots you may as well do T and bo done with it for two days.

Reusing needles is only for bold people, leave that for latter,
but preloading syringes when you have spare slot of time is usefull.
========================
Straight answer to your question:
I do T cream every day, I do HCG every other day, the HCG dose is 250IU, I use Novarel.

Other people do T shots every three days then they do 250IU in days in between. T HCG HCG T HCG HCG T HCG HCG T HCG HCG

So they do shots every day.
--------------------------------------------------
Think of T dose as average weekly dose.
week=7days
N=requency of shots, usually 3 or 2
weekly dose, say 100mg, that is 0.5cc=0.5mL of 200mg/ml testosterone

individual dose=

E2D dose = 0.5/7*2=0.143mL=0.143cc=14marks on insuline syringe, '=0.14/2*7*200=98 (so you dose actualy is 98 not 100)

E3D dose = 0.5/7*3=0.214mL=0.214cc=21marks on insuline syringe, '=0.21/3*7*200=98

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good advise, however, if he is responding to gels, I stay stick with it and apply at 6pm.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
Jansz, then what does this mean exactly:

1 250
2 500
3 750
4 1000

I am responding to the gels so far, but I also know that the body runs a major risk of shutdown and I want to go to my doctor with enough information to inform her of this possibility and the other ways she can treat me.

She is pretty receptive so far to suggestions. In fact in July when I go for my bloodwork again she opened up the possibility of doing shots instead of gels because of the convenience of it.

plymouth, I am just applying the gel in the AM. From what I read the vast majority of the gel is absorbed within 5 hours and the two days I applied at night really messed with my sleep patterns.

I just get up early enough (4AM) on work days to apply it so it won't be an issue.

Thanks again for the input and advice.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

1 250
2 500
3 750
4 1000

I am responding to the gels so far, but I also know that the body runs a major risk of shutdown and I want to go to my doctor with enough information to inform her of this possibility and the other ways she can treat me.

She is pretty receptive so far to suggestions. In fact in July when I go for my bloodwork again she opened up the possibility of doing shots instead of gels because of the convenience of it.

plymouth, I am just applying the gel in the AM. From what I read the vast majority of the gel is absorbed within 5 hours and the two days I applied at night really messed with my sleep patterns.

I just get up early enough (4AM) on work days to apply it so it won't be an issue.

The usual dose that people use is 250IU every other day
I use 1cc=1mL insuline syringe
that syringe could hold 4 doses, so it would last for 8 days in my example of using same needle.
I think KSman is using 1/2cc needles and dilutes HCG with less water so he gets 4 doses in one 1/2cc syringe.
My understanding of Dr John's Receipe for success is that it is ok to have HCG dose up to 500IU every day.
---------------
I would not tell doctor about reusing needles, bad vibes, she may be more cautios when talking with you latter.

Projecting confidence and knowledge may help you getting some routine adjustment that you may need or want to try.
==========================================================
Getting earlier (4AM) because of gel application will ge old pretty quick.
Plan on alternatives.
Possibly every 3 days (HCG +T would work), maybe increasing to 500IU-HCG,
not sure how long HCG shot lasts. This is important to secondaries who get some T from testis, me I keep them for decoration so I have that much more flexibility.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

1 250
2 500
3 750
4 1000

Hmmmm, I see your dilema. You might want to look into shots. I like Jans advise, your right on.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
getting up at 4AM doesn't get old... I have to be at work at 7, it gives me plenty of time to eat, make lunch at walk my dog so I am not rushing around... :)

I want the shots for the convenience, I plan to talk to my doc about all of this and give her research that shows the effectiveness of HCG and T shots together for TRT.