lowering shbg

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
What can lower shbg that is proven to work mine is at 39 and has always been at 18-20. Armidex did not do anything for shbg except drove e2 into the ground. and my male e2 ultra sensitive essay came out to be <2 and range <29 and WTF does that mean and how would that be intrepreted that is what i would like to know..could it mean that may be I do have high estrogen? and its a female reading instead of a male. Still have not been able to get answer on this ..and can elevated esterone cause elevated shbg as well since we know its not e2 according to test..can progesterones increase shbg as well?

Factors which together in a balance determine SHBG are:
1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
insulin, and dht could be factors

2. Thyroid hormone, Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
elevated progesterone serum was indicated as well as esterone

So controling the progesterone and esterone may be ticket to balancing the shbg

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
What can lower shbg that is proven to work mine is at 39 and has always been at 18-20. Armidex did not do anything for shbg except drove e2 into the ground. and my male e2 ultra sensitive essay came out to be <2 and range <29 and WTF does that mean and how would that be intrepreted that is what i would like to know..could it mean that may be I do have high estrogen? and its a female reading instead of a male. Still have not been able to get answer on this ..and can elevated esterone cause elevated shbg as well since we know its not e2 according to test..can progesterones increase shbg as well?

Factors which together in a balance determine SHBG are:
1. Anabolic hormones generally reduce SHBG. These include testosterone, DHEA, insulin, DHT, and growth hormone.
insulin, and dht could be factors

2. Thyroid hormone, Estrogens, and Progesterone (by increasing estrogen receptors/sensitivity), increase SHBG.
elevated progesterone serum was indicated as well as esterone

So controling the progesterone and esterone may be ticket to balancing the shbg
I think I benefited greatly by supplementing with both products listed below plus their (DIM+I3C) compoud but this one I used up to six pills instead of recomended one or two.
============================================

Supplements that lower SHBG:
Urtica dioica aka Stinging nettle
Muira Puama
Avena Sativa (LEF no longer supports it)

LEF products containing above

Advanced Natural Prostate Formula with 5-Loxin® 60 softgels Item Catalog Number: 975
Advanced Natural Prostate Formula With 5-Loxin, 60 Softgels
Stinging nettle extract (Urtica dioica) (root) 240 mg

Super MiraForte with Maximum Strength Chrysin 120 capsules Item Catalog Number: 615
Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, 120 Caps
Muira puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides) 425 mg powdered extract (stem)
Nettle (Urtica dioica) powdered methanolic extract (root) 141 mg
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note, Chrysin is Aromatase inhibitor
Chrysin 750 mg
Le Magazine, February 2004 - Cover Story: Testosterone Attacked By The Media
Natural Ways to Combat Testosterone Loss
(I have a doubt on their advice on soy)
4. Indole-3-carbinol protects against high estrogen levels, prostate cancer.
An adequate intake of indole-3-carbinol (I3C), through vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cabbage, or via supplements, may prove to be very helpful for aging men in both keeping estrogen levels in check and decreasing their risk of prostate cancer. Studies have demonstrated that I3C increases the ratio of 2-hydroxyestrone to 16-alpha-hydroxyestrone, thereby causing a decrease in the “bad” estrogen and an increase in the “good” estrogen. For men, this very well might mean a decrease in prostate cancer. In a recent study that examined the association of prostate cancer risk with estrogen metabolism, the authors noted “results of this case-control study suggest that the estrogen metabolic pathway favoring 2-hydroxylation over 16-alpha-hydroxylation may reduce risk of clinically evident prostate cancer.”25

5. Zinc is essential for optimal testosterone production.
One supplement that should be considered absolutely essential for maintaining a man’s testosterone levels is zinc. This busy mineral is involved in almost every aspect of male reproduction, including testosterone metabolism, sperm formation, and sperm motility. Multiple studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of zinc in treating male infertility due to low testosterone levels.26,27 A prime example of the usefulness of zinc was illustrated in a study of 37 infertile men with decreased testosterone levels and associated low sperm counts.28 The men were given 60 mg of zinc daily for 45-50 days. In 22 patients, testosterone levels significantly increased and mean sperm count rose from 8 million to 20 million.

6. Chrysin is a natural aromatase inhibitor.
A bioflavonoid called chrysin has shown potential as a natural aromatase inhibitor. Bodybuilders have used chrysin as a testosterone-boosting supplement because by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, less testosterone is converted into estrogen. The problem with chrysin is that because of its poor absorption into the bloodstream, it has not produced the testosterone-enhancing effects users expect. Pilot studies have found that when chrysin is combined with piperine, reductions in serum estrogen (estradiol) and increases in total and free testosterone result in 30 days. In a study published in the Journal of Steroid Biochemical Molecular Biology (1993), chrysin and 10 other flavonoids were compared to an aromatase-inhibiting drug (aminoglutethimide).29 Chrysin was shown to be the most potent aromatase inhibitor, and was similar in potency and effectiveness to the aromatase-inhibiting drug. Chrysin is not a patentable drug, so do not expect to see a lot of human research documenting its effects. Many FDA-approved drugs (such as Arimidex®) inhibit aromatase, and there is not much financial incentive for finding natural ways to replace these drugs. While prescription aromatase-inhibiting drugs are relatively free of side effects, aging men who are seeking to gain control over their sex hormone levels sometimes prefer natural sources instead of trying to convince a physician to prescribe a drug (such as Arimidex®) that is not approved by the FDA as an anti-aging therapy. (Arimidex® is prescribed to estrogen-dependant breast cancer patients to prevent testosterone and other hormones in the body from converting, i.e., aromatasing, into estrogen.)

7. Nettle root liberates “bound” testosterone.
Testosterone that becomes bound to serum globulin is not available to cell receptor sites and fails to induce a libido effect. When testosterone binds to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), it loses its biological activity and becomes bound testosterone, as opposed to the desirable free testosterone. As men age past 45, SHBG’s binding capacity increases dramatically—by an average of 40%—and coincides with age-associated loss of libido and other andropause symptoms. Some studies show that the decline in sexual interest with advancing age is not always due to the amount of testosterone produced, but rather to the increased binding of testosterone to globulin by SHBG. This explains why some older men who are on testosterone replacement therapy do not report a long-term aphrodisiac effect. That is, the artificially administered testosterone becomes bound by SHBG and is not bioavailable to cellular receptor sites where it would normally produce a libido-enhancing effect. European researchers have identified constituents of nettle root that bind to SHBG in place of testosterone, thus reducing SHBG’s binding of free testosterone.30-34 As the authors of one study stated, these constituents of nettle root “may influence the blood level of free, i.e., active, steroid hormones by displacing them from the SHBG binding site.”

8. Human Studies Using Combination Nutrients
To ascertain the safety and efficacy of nutrients that are purported to modulate male hormone levels, the Life Extension Foundation sponsored clinical studies to assess the effects of specific supplements on blood levels of testosterone, estrogen, SHBG, etc.35 Based on the results of these studies, a formula called Super MiraForte was developed that combines chrysin, nettle root, muira puama, piperine, and other nutrients that showed the most potent effects in boosting free testosterone and suppressing estrogen in aging men. For those who would prefer to avoid testosterone-boosting and estrogen-suppressing drugs, four capsules a day of Super MiraForte may be considered. Before embarking on a hormone rejuvenation program, please refer to the Male Hormone Modulation protocol that can be accessed at Test.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I think I benefited greatly by supplementing with both products listed below plus their (DIM+I3C) compoud but this one I used up to six pills instead of recomended one or two.
============================================

Supplements that lower SHBG:
Urtica dioica aka Stinging nettle
Muira Puama
Avena Sativa (LEF no longer supports it)

LEF products containing above

Nettles whats the dosages that needs to be used and standarded herbs ?

Advanced Natural Prostate Formula with 5-Loxin® 60 softgels Item Catalog Number: 975
Advanced Natural Prostate Formula With 5-Loxin, 60 Softgels
Stinging nettle extract (Urtica dioica) (root) 240 mg

Super MiraForte with Maximum Strength Chrysin 120 capsules Item Catalog Number: 615
Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, 120 Caps
Muira puama (Ptychopetalum olacoides) 425 mg powdered extract (stem)
Nettle (Urtica dioica) powdered methanolic extract (root) 141 mg
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note, Chrysin is Aromatase inhibitor
Chrysin 750 mg
Le Magazine, February 2004 - Cover Story: Testosterone Attacked By The Media
Natural Ways to Combat Testosterone Loss
(I have a doubt on their advice on soy)
4. Indole-3-carbinol protects against high estrogen levels, prostate cancer.
An adequate intake of indole-3-carbinol (I3C), through vegetables such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cabbage, or via supplements, may prove to be very helpful for aging men in both keeping estrogen levels in check and decreasing their risk of prostate cancer. Studies have demonstrated that I3C increases the ratio of 2-hydroxyestrone to 16-alpha-hydroxyestrone, thereby causing a decrease in the “bad” estrogen and an increase in the “good” estrogen. For men, this very well might mean a decrease in prostate cancer. In a recent study that examined the association of prostate cancer risk with estrogen metabolism, the authors noted “results of this case-control study suggest that the estrogen metabolic pathway favoring 2-hydroxylation over 16-alpha-hydroxylation may reduce risk of clinically evident prostate cancer.”25

5. Zinc is essential for optimal testosterone production.
One supplement that should be considered absolutely essential for maintaining a man’s testosterone levels is zinc. This busy mineral is involved in almost every aspect of male reproduction, including testosterone metabolism, sperm formation, and sperm motility. Multiple studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of zinc in treating male infertility due to low testosterone levels.26,27 A prime example of the usefulness of zinc was illustrated in a study of 37 infertile men with decreased testosterone levels and associated low sperm counts.28 The men were given 60 mg of zinc daily for 45-50 days. In 22 patients, testosterone levels significantly increased and mean sperm count rose from 8 million to 20 million.

6. Chrysin is a natural aromatase inhibitor.
A bioflavonoid called chrysin has shown potential as a natural aromatase inhibitor. Bodybuilders have used chrysin as a testosterone-boosting supplement because by inhibiting the aromatase enzyme, less testosterone is converted into estrogen. The problem with chrysin is that because of its poor absorption into the bloodstream, it has not produced the testosterone-enhancing effects users expect. Pilot studies have found that when chrysin is combined with piperine, reductions in serum estrogen (estradiol) and increases in total and free testosterone result in 30 days. In a study published in the Journal of Steroid Biochemical Molecular Biology (1993), chrysin and 10 other flavonoids were compared to an aromatase-inhibiting drug (aminoglutethimide).29 Chrysin was shown to be the most potent aromatase inhibitor, and was similar in potency and effectiveness to the aromatase-inhibiting drug. Chrysin is not a patentable drug, so do not expect to see a lot of human research documenting its effects. Many FDA-approved drugs (such as Arimidex®) inhibit aromatase, and there is not much financial incentive for finding natural ways to replace these drugs. While prescription aromatase-inhibiting drugs are relatively free of side effects, aging men who are seeking to gain control over their sex hormone levels sometimes prefer natural sources instead of trying to convince a physician to prescribe a drug (such as Arimidex®) that is not approved by the FDA as an anti-aging therapy. (Arimidex® is prescribed to estrogen-dependant breast cancer patients to prevent testosterone and other hormones in the body from converting, i.e., aromatasing, into estrogen.)

7. Nettle root liberates “bound” testosterone.
Testosterone that becomes bound to serum globulin is not available to cell receptor sites and fails to induce a libido effect. When testosterone binds to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), it loses its biological activity and becomes bound testosterone, as opposed to the desirable free testosterone. As men age past 45, SHBG’s binding capacity increases dramatically—by an average of 40%—and coincides with age-associated loss of libido and other andropause symptoms. Some studies show that the decline in sexual interest with advancing age is not always due to the amount of testosterone produced, but rather to the increased binding of testosterone to globulin by SHBG. This explains why some older men who are on testosterone replacement therapy do not report a long-term aphrodisiac effect. That is, the artificially administered testosterone becomes bound by SHBG and is not bioavailable to cellular receptor sites where it would normally produce a libido-enhancing effect. European researchers have identified constituents of nettle root that bind to SHBG in place of testosterone, thus reducing SHBG’s binding of free testosterone.30-34 As the authors of one study stated, these constituents of nettle root “may influence the blood level of free, i.e., active, steroid hormones by displacing them from the SHBG binding site.”

8. Human Studies Using Combination Nutrients
To ascertain the safety and efficacy of nutrients that are purported to modulate male hormone levels, the Life Extension Foundation sponsored clinical studies to assess the effects of specific supplements on blood levels of testosterone, estrogen, SHBG, etc.35 Based on the results of these studies, a formula called Super MiraForte was developed that combines chrysin, nettle root, muira puama, piperine, and other nutrients that showed the most potent effects in boosting free testosterone and suppressing estrogen in aging men. For those who would prefer to avoid testosterone-boosting and estrogen-suppressing drugs, four capsules a day of Super MiraForte may be considered. Before embarking on a hormone rejuvenation program, please refer to the Male Hormone Modulation protocol that can be accessed at Test.
What dosages of nettles and what satardized % are needed to reduve shbg thanks

This could explain possible elevated shbg since I did have alot of AA (no fish or fish oils ) over past 8 months and befiore that my shbg was never over 20 HMMMM, could my hypotheisis be correct in that the alteration in EPA/AA ratio affected estrogen metabolism resulting in elevated esterone levels?

Soy and fish oil keep estrogen and SHBG in check.
Elderly men often see an increase in unhealthy levels of SHBG and estrogen via activity of the aromatase enzyme, which can lead to a net decrease in testosterone levels. Two recent Japanese studies have shown some natural ways in which men can help tilt the ratio back in favor of testosterone. One study of 97 middle-aged to elderly men found that men with high levels of soy intake had lower levels of estradiol (a form of estrogen) compared to men with lower levels of soy intake.23 The researchers postulated that this beneficial inverse relationship could be due to inhibition of the aromatase enzyme by soy and soy-based food products. Another Japanese study examined how the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA (found in high concentrations in fish) affected SHBG levels in men 43 to 88 years of age.24 After controlling for other variables, the researchers concluded that both EPA and DHA decreased levels of SHBG in middle-aged and elderly men.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
What dosages of nettles and what satardized % are needed to reduve shbg thanks

This could explain possible elevated shbg since I did have alot of AA (no fish or fish oils ) over past 8 months and befiore that my shbg was never over 20 HMMMM, could my hypotheisis be correct in that the alteration in EPA/AA ratio affected estrogen metabolism resulting in elevated esterone levels?

Soy and fish oil keep estrogen and SHBG in check.
Elderly men often see an increase in unhealthy levels of SHBG and estrogen via activity of the aromatase enzyme, which can lead to a net decrease in testosterone levels. Two recent Japanese studies have shown some natural ways in which men can help tilt the ratio back in favor of testosterone. One study of 97 middle-aged to elderly men found that men with high levels of soy intake had lower levels of estradiol (a form of estrogen) compared to men with lower levels of soy intake.23 The researchers postulated that this beneficial inverse relationship could be due to inhibition of the aromatase enzyme by soy and soy-based food products. Another Japanese study examined how the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA (found in high concentrations in fish) affected SHBG levels in men 43 to 88 years of age.24 After controlling for other variables, the researchers concluded that both EPA and DHA decreased levels of SHBG in middle-aged and elderly men.
Recomended dosage is printed on the bottles.
I would stay away from anything soy.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Chrysin is probably the one of the best ways, and safest, to lower SHBG.

Problem with it, like other plant based compounds, is that it is poorly orally absorbed. Chrysin, thankfully, has a low molecular weight making it ideal for a transdermal.

Get in a transdermal creme, either threw a compounding pharmacy or threw DS, and that is a loophole to this issue.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Watch your:
Circadian Rhythm
melatonin
Cortisol profile
DHEAs
----------------------
Overall, I do that by having (the whole of my body) seeing many hours of sunlight and testing and optimizing.
I do these tests and then attempting to optimize results on future testing, using:
DUTCHtest.com
DUTCH Plus®
$499.00

Spectracell.com
micronutrients and lipid tests

One way of looking at energy use by our body is that the energy is produced by water synthesis that happens in the matrix of mitochondria and peroxisomes.
One way of looking at the amount of water that is synthesized is that all blood going thru the heart is made from new water.
That water is not H2O, it is called 4th phase water or structured water or other names are used.
All that water is made fresh from hydrogen taken from food (mostly fat) and oxygen in the breath.
That water has nothing to do with the water we drink, but drinking water (in excess) reduces vassopressin (ADH) and reduces the production of matrix water (and that reduces energy available to run our bodies.
Overall
you may want to test your ADH (vassopressin), and drink accordingly.
Practically, just wait for thirst and drink a little bit at one time, then wait for the next thirst.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't worry about lowering your shbg

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i would be very worried about it if youre trying to build or keep muscle. its a literal bottle neck in muscle growth
Most likely diet just needs tweak..if he is worried about free testosterone just have to adjust protocol..either the dose or frequency..after ruling out any liver or insulin issues of course