another log

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
Any comments appreciated.

Just started tgel -1ml of 5%. I had all of the classic symptoms. Seems that 2 yrs ago (once I hit 50), I hit a huge wall. I actually thought I had mono or valley fever. After 2 yrs of not much progress, I decided to investigate HRT. I'll keep you posted on subsequent lab results. (this place has been a huge help - thanks)

Pre treatment labs

Things out of range
FreeT .....37.7 pg/mL (ref range 46.0-224.0)
BioAvail T..... 93.9 ng/dL (ref range 110-575)
LH .....1.1 mIU//mL (ref range 1.5-9.3)
SHBG ..... 51 nmol/L (ref range 15-49)
Albunim,Serum .....5.5 g/dL (ref range 3.6-5.1)
Estradiol, %Free .....1.87 (adults 1.25-1.85)
Glucose .....118 mg/dL (ref range 65-99)

In range, low
IGF-I .....100 ng/mL (ref range 87-225)

In range, high
Estradiol, Free.....0.41 (adults <= 0.45)

Things in range
TotalT.....434 ng/dL (ref range 250-1100)
Estradiol, .....22 (adults <= 29)
Dihydrotest ..... 56 ng/dL (ref range 25-75)
PSA..... 0.5 (range <=2.5)
Cholesterol total .....144
HDL ..... 44
LDL .....78

my categorization might not be perfect, but I do better if I look at it this way. Also, I have 5 pages of labs - if there is something that I should have posted, let me know.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cholesterol numbers look great, good for you.

Do you plan on using hCG in conjunction with T?

I have a sneaking suspicion your estradoil will go up. Do you have a plan on combating this?

I am assuming these are urine numbers, right?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established

I have a sneaking suspicion your estradoil will go up. Do you have a plan on combating this?

inuslin resistance anc blood sugar abnormalitiies are there. Plymouth are you loosing your touch look at glucose reading LOL Bring up free test and lower estrogen a bit should resolve the insulin imbalance. Dhea numberbe nice to see its probably low as well reflecting inuslin imbalances

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
They are actually up. 20 yrs ago my total was 99, with a HDL of 31 (low but still a good ratio). The Dr actually rechecked 3x as he didn't believe it. From what I've read, even a total too low can cause problems, so been working on getting it up. My curse is borderline high BP. I need to get my weight down - or risk going on meds for that. Hoping that hrt will help.

Do you plan on using hCG in conjunction with T? ....I have a sneaking suspicion your estradoil will go up. Do you have a plan on combating this?
We'll see, after next set of labs. Not being a smart a$$, just don't know yet. I'm assuming the same as you - but trying not to assume or jump the gun. I'm really trying to take a systematic approach - so will wait and see.

no, blood drawn.

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
Dhea numberbe nice to see its probably low as well reflecting inuslin imbalances
DHEA SULFATE....151 mcg/dL.....(ref range 25-240)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Any comments appreciated.

Just started tgel -1ml of 5%. I had all of the classic symptoms. Seems that 2 yrs ago (once I hit 50), I hit a huge wall. I actually thought I had mono or valley fever. After 2 yrs of not much progress, I decided to investigate HRT. I'll keep you posted on subsequent lab results. (this place has been a huge help - thanks)

Pre treatment labs

Things out of range
FreeT .....37.7 pg/mL (ref range 46.0-224.0)
BioAvail T..... 93.9 ng/dL (ref range 110-575)
LH .....1.1 mIU//mL (ref range 1.5-9.3)
SHBG ..... 51 nmol/L (ref range 15-49)
Albunim,Serum .....5.5 g/dL (ref range 3.6-5.1)

Glucose .....118 mg/dL (ref range 65-99)
In range, low
IGF-I .....100 ng/mL (ref range 87-225)

In range, high
Estradiol, Free.....0.41 (adults <= 0.45)

Things in range
TotalT.....434 ng/dL (ref range 250-1100)
Dihydrotest ..... 56 ng/dL (ref range 25-75)
PSA..... 0.5 (range <=2.5)
Cholesterol total .....144
HDL ..... 44
LDL .....78

my categorization might not be perfect, but I do better if I look at it this way. Also, I have 5 pages of labs - if there is something that I should have posted, let me know.
Your SHBG is high. Take someting that makes it lower.
Chrysin cream.
Because of high SHBG you will need to raise your total T to high levels in order to be on top of either FreeT or BioAvailable T.
i doubt 1ml of 5%gel will be enough, I would start with 2mL and do not wait more than 5 weeks to retest, so get the scipt ready rght away.
Your balls will shrink. Get HCG Novarel, 250iu/every other day, thinnest neddle is 31ga.

--------------------
Not really sure where you are with your E2.
Your Estradiol, %free is new test and I am not sure but it would make sense to say that it is too high.

-----------------------
Your glucose is too high, what is your insuline?
I just found my glucose at 105.
I ordered and just got in a mail:
Mega Silymarin With Isosilybin B, 100 Capsules

Enhanced Cinnulin Pf® With Glucose Management Proprietary Blend, 90 Vegetarian Capsules

there is also
Chromium Polynicotinate, 200 Mcg 365 Capsules
==========================

If you want you may post the balance of your test or as much as you wish.
=============================================================
Read this, you may latter switch to (HCG +shots)
BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2inch Needle 100/ box Price: $24.99
BD Microfine IV U-100 Insulin Syringe 28 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2inch Needle 100/ box
BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2Inch 100/Box Price: $23.50
BD Ultrafine U-100 Insulin Syringe 30 Gauge 1/2cc 1/2Inch 100/Box
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/828242-post18.html

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
AnotherOldGuy,

Are you taking statin drugs?... that can mess things up for some. LDL looks too good. If you are on statins; when did you start and how does that relate to these other issues.

Your E is high, which increases SHBG that reduces FT. E also parks in T receptors and interferes with what FT you have. The E suppresses your HPTA and the low LH seems to confirm that.

Are you overweight? The elevated glucose could be insulin resistance, which is part of syndrome X or metabolic disorder... which characteristicly also comes with estrogen dominance.

What is your body-fat pattern? Apple shaped or pear shaped? Apple shaped is a serious health issue and often part of the syndrome X and estrogen dominance issue.

You need to get your E levels down. Supplements are not going to make enough of a change. Insulin resistance can be treated with fish oils and other things to improve cell wall permeability. lipoic acid and acetyl-l-carnitine will improve mitochondrial functioning. Chromium will help with the insulin resistance.

Many docs will see your TT and not do anything. But some would treat for the low bio or free E levels and also to reduce E.

I suspect that 1.5 to 1.75 mg/wk of Arimidex might improve FT and TT levels will reducing E. The 1mg/wk dose may not be enough for those E levels. There will also be some need to adjust dose by weight and fat levels. And individual responses can be very different. The only way to guide this would be with lab work.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
AnotherOldGuy,

Are you taking statin drugs?... that can mess things up for some. LDL looks too good. If you are on statins; when did you start and how does that relate to these other issues.

Your E is high, which increases SHBG that reduces FT. E also parks in T receptors and interferes with what FT you have. The E suppresses your HPTA and the low LH seems to confirm that.

Are you overweight? The elevated glucose could be insulin resistance, which is part of syndrome X or metabolic disorder... which characteristicly also comes with estrogen dominance.

What is your body-fat pattern? Apple shaped or pear shaped? Apple shaped is a serious health issue and often part of the syndrome X and estrogen dominance issue.

You need to get your E levels down. Supplements are not going to make enough of a change. Insulin resistance can be treated with fish oils and other things to improve cell wall permeability. lipoic acid and acetyl-l-carnitine will improve mitochondrial functioning. Chromium will help with the insulin resistance.

Many docs will see your TT and not do anything. But some would treat for the low bio or free E levels and also to reduce E.

I suspect that 1.5 to 1.75 mg/wk of Arimidex might improve FT and TT levels will reducing E. The 1mg/wk dose may not be enough for those E levels. There will also be some need to adjust dose by weight and fat levels. And individual responses can be very different. The only way to guide this would be with lab work.

Why have you singled out his E for correction.
His Estradiol is just about right.
Most likely it was due to his (Estradiol, %Free) (possibly more important than E2)
(Estradiol, %Free) is a test not many have in their blood test.
Would you like to comment a little on this topic?

There are few other E tests, other than usual E2 sensitive,
would you know how to benefit from those?

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established

Why have you singled out his E for correction.
His Estradiol is just about right.
Most likely it was due to his (Estradiol, %Free) (possibly more important than E2)
(Estradiol, %Free) is a test not many have in their blood test.
Would you like to comment a little on this topic?

There are few other E tests, other than usual E2 sensitive,
would you know how to benefit from those?
:hammer:

You are right. There was so much E info there I picked up the wrong info in my head. So forget all that I wrote. But still interested in body weight as a possible factor in the glucose.

I am only familiar with E2 tests as these are common and more is written [that I have seen] about E2 levels. If E2 is not to be lowered, I don't understand how one would go about lowering SHBG.

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
Are you taking statin drugs?... .
No.

Are you overweight? .....What is your body-fat pattern? Apple shaped or pear shaped?.......
Yes, I can stand to loose some weight. Chest 50, waist 39. belly too big. bi's 16.5 - i need to loose 20 - I don't look bad probably because my shoulders/chest relative to my waist. yes, I need to loose some weight.

Insulin resistance can be treated with fish oils and other things to improve cell wall permeability. lipoic acid and acetyl-l-carnitine will improve mitochondrial functioning. Chromium will help with the insulin resistance.......
I just started fish oil.

I guess I don't know. I need to discuss with my Dr.

..what is your insuline
Insulin 16 (ref range <17)

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
:hammer:

You are right. There was so much E info there I picked up the wrong info in my head. So forget all that I wrote. But still interested in body weight as a possible factor in the glucose.

I am only familiar with E2 tests as these are common and more is written [that I have seen] about E2 levels. If E2 is not to be lowered, I don't understand how one would go about lowering SHBG.
I have a hunch that you have picked the correct between the two after all.
I suspect that similarly to Total Testosterone, the Estradiol is not really good indicator.
Free and BioAvailable are probably much more important, we just do not talk about them yet.

One can lower SHBG using Chrysin.
I possibly did.
I used to use LEF product Super Miraforte. Contains Chrysin.
I lowered the dose since I found my SHBG=20(23-38) on my April/07 test.
There is also cream with chysin available, most likely works even better than Miraforte, for people with higher numbers.

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
Is Chrysin a prescription med?

Is HCG only injectable? How often is typical?

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Is Chrysin a prescription med?

Is HCG only injectable? How often is typical?
Chrysin is not a prescription. Not cheap either for what you need to take. Many do not absorb it well by oral or transdermal. I don't, my brother does.

HCG is a peptide [protein] hormone, as are insulin and HGH. These are water based and fragile [also need to be refrigerated]. Injection only.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I have a hunch that you have picked the correct between the two after all.
I suspect that similarly to Total Testosterone, the Estradiol is not really good indicator.
Free and BioAvailable are probably much more important, we just do not talk about them yet.

One can lower SHBG using Chrysin.
I possibly did.
I used to use LEF product Super Miraforte. Contains Chrysin.
I lowered the dose since I found my SHBG=20(23-38) on my April/07 test.
There is also cream with chysin available, most likely works even better than Miraforte, for people with higher numbers.
i just picked up on that too
Here is a guy who has optimal estrodial level but elevated free e2 ? Do you think in the future you will see drs starting to look more at this as well for possible hidden explaination to possible what is going on rather then just focusing on e2, TT, FT, ect. Estrodial also increases inuslin out put causing insulin resistance so if you have high free e2 levels then this may be another indicator of hidden insulin resistance that needs to be explored by drs giving them a more clincal picture. Plus that < 29 on estrodial I think is a worthless reading reflective in your free levels is telling you a whole other story that actually that level may indicate it being high even though <29. I think I read that they only use that on women and Dr john said it was an invalid essay as your shbg, glucose levels does point that out as well as your cholesterol level of possible insulin deficiency or altered inuslin fuctioning

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
no need to reiterate if this has been addressed - but can anyone give me a link so I can do some more reading on insulin resistance?

TIA.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
No.

Yes, I can stand to loose some weight. Chest 50, waist 39. belly too big. bi's 16.5 - i need to loose 20 - I don't look bad probably because my shoulders/chest relative to my waist. yes, I need to loose some weight.

I just started fish oil.

I guess I don't know. I need to discuss with my Dr.

Insulin 16 (ref range <17)

Like i said inuslin resistance 16 is why to damn hi less then 5-6 is optimal so look at body compsition if over weight loose weight will reduce estrodial and aid in lower shbg (insulin reistance it was ) estrogen was driven insulin resitance despite shbg being high thats interesting, but again I guess it depends on what stage you are in for shbg to be a factor indicator