Optimum Bioavailable Testosterone Number??

Champ50

Awards
Hey Guys just had new blood work done through Quest Diagnostics and finally got a Bioavailable Test score. I searched the site to see if I could find an optimum or target number for Bioavailable Test to shoot for but didn't find what I was looking for so I figured I'd just ask.

My results

Total Test 649ng/dL range 250-1100

Free Test 92 pg/mL range 46-224

Bioavailable Test 202ng/dL range 110-575

SHBG 32 nmol/L range 7-44

Albumin 4.8 g/dL range 3.6-5.1

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys just had new blood work done through Quest Diagnostics and finally got a Bioavailable Test score. I searched the site to see if I could find an optimum or target number for Bioavailable Test to shoot for but didn't find what I was looking for so I figured I'd just ask.

My results

Bioavailable is a combination of free and weakly bound testosterone (not sure if that means bound by albumin or SHBG). Anyway, my urologist thinks 300 is a good free test number.

It would be interesting to see if Dr. Crisler has an opinion on this.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

My results

-----------------------
This is number that is hard to come by.
From farmerjohn posts I got that Dr Shippen my like FreeT(100-250)
but do not have anything definitive.
I had my test done in Apr13/07 and I see yours ranges all same as mine (nothing unusual) except for SHBG.
Wonder why?
My best guess, that I am repeating writting my posts, is,
when on testosterone supplementation do the blood test draw on the day of the shot but before shot. Shots at least every three days or every other day.
Adjust T dose so you get on the top of either FreeT or BAT, leave the other be.
-----------------------------------------
72 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot ( )
73 Testosterone Total 456 ng/dL ( 250-1100 )
74 Testosterone Free 91 pg/mL ( 46.0-224.0 )
75 Testosterone Bioavailable 179 ng/dL ( 110.0-575.0 )
76 SHBG 20 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
77 Albumin, serum 4.3 g/dL ( 3.6-5.1 )
----------------------------
You probably could use some chrysin cream from compounding pharmacy.
Should lower yours SHBG.
Also bit more of T.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I searched the site to see if I could find an optimum or target number for Bioavailable Test to shoot for [/QUOTE/]

The "optimum number" is very individual. Some need a level close to the top of the range in order to feel good, other's don't. It can take quite a bit of trial-and-error to arrive at your own optimum number.

Champ50

Awards
-----------------------
This is number that is hard to come by.
From farmerjohn posts I got that Dr Shippen my like FreeT(100-250)
but do not have anything definitive.
I had my test done in Apr13/07 and I see yours ranges all same as mine (nothing unusual) except for SHBG.
Wonder why?
My best guess, that I am repeating writting my posts, is,
when on testosterone supplementation do the blood test draw on the day of the shot but before shot. Shots at least every three days or every other day.
Adjust T dose so you get on the top of either FreeT or BAT, leave the other be.
-----------------------------------------
72 Testosterone, Free, Bio/Tot ( )
73 Testosterone Total 456 ng/dL ( 250-1100 )
74 Testosterone Free 91 pg/mL ( 46.0-224.0 )
75 Testosterone Bioavailable 179 ng/dL ( 110.0-575.0 )
76 SHBG 20 nmol/L ( 23-38 )
77 Albumin, serum 4.3 g/dL ( 3.6-5.1 )
----------------------------
You probably could use some chrysin cream from compounding pharmacy.
Should lower yours SHBG.
Also bit more of T.
JanSz thank you for taking the time to look at my post and test results, I am actually not taking any TRT or any ancillary drugs that would alter my hormone levels so I don't know what would cause the high SHBG level. I have done scores of tests and I am waiting on a definitive diagnosis as to what might be ailing me. I personally believe that I am suffering from Adrenal Fatigue and Hypothyroidism and would like to confirm my suspicions and treat both conditions before dealing with my testosterone levels. I feel that once I have optimum function out of both adrenals and thyroid that my testosterone levels will also raise back up to the proper levels of a healthy 25 year old man.

I would appreciate yours as well as anyone elses further thoughts on this matter.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz thank you for taking the time to look at my post and test results, I am actually not taking any TRT or any ancillary drugs that would alter my hormone levels so I don't know what would cause the high SHBG level. I have done scores of tests and I am waiting on a definitive diagnosis as to what might be ailing me. I personally believe that I am suffering from Adrenal Fatigue and Hypothyroidism and would like to confirm my suspicions and treat both conditions before dealing with my testosterone levels. I feel that once I have optimum function out of both adrenals and thyroid that my testosterone levels will also raise back up to the proper levels of a healthy 25 year old man.

I would appreciate yours as well as anyone elses further thoughts on this matter.
If you wish, post the balance of your test.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We absolutely need a E2(estradoil) number, preferably from quest if possible.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
There is no such thing in isolation of considerations of a balance with E2. E2 levels not reported. The SHBG suggests that E2 might be high. It is really the FT:E or BT:E ratio that is a better consideration. Higher E means more E competing at T receptors with FT. And more E means more SHBG that reduces FT.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
my bio-t was 4.1 i believe... what does that convert to in the 110-575 range??

im guessin mine was measured in nmol/L or dl>>??

Champ50

Awards
For JanSz and the rest of the crew - balance of my test from QUEST DIAGNOSTICS

Pregnenolone 124 ng/dL range 20- 1?? (the page cut off)

DHT 34 ng/dL range 25-75 ng/dL

DHEA Sulfate 191 ug/dL range 80-560 ug/dL

IGF-1 221 ng/mL range 116-3?? (the page cut off)

Estradiol 38 pg/mL range 13-54 pg/mL

Estrone 26 pg/mL range <=68 pg/mL

TSH 2.31 mIU/L range 0.4-5.50 mIU/L

T4 Free 1.4 ng/dL range 0.8-1.8 ng/dL

T3 Free 348 pg/dL range 230-420 pg/dL

T3 Reverse 166 pg/mL range <150 pg/mL

*** I also had a Complete Metabolic Panel and Complete Blood Count done. If you feel those results are necessary I'll post but its a lot to type.***

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

*** I also had a Complete Metabolic Panel and Complete Blood Count done. If you feel those results are necessary I'll post but its a lot to type.*** Yours choice.
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/EndoManual_3rdEd_2004.pdf

http://www.lef.org/LEFCMS/aspx/PrintVersionMagic.aspx?CmsID=114133

page 132, Pregnenolone (10-200) LEF(10-200) 124 ok
DHEA (LEF280–500 µg/dL) you are low, best use DHEA cream

Estradiol, you are little high, try 1/4pil/day Arimidex, or 0.25ml=25 units on insuline syringe w/cut off needle, LiquiDex
Retest

-------------------------------------------
Free (T3) --3.48 pg/mL (2.3-4.2)

3.820 <--FT3 start of upper 20%
3.725 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
3.567 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
3.250 <--FT3 start of upper 50%
37.89 <--your current 3.48 puts you %% from the top =100-(3.48-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100
21.05 <-- 3.8 would put me %% from the top =100-(3.8-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100

You could use little of Armout Thyroid, probably 1 grain,
what is your body temperature, pulse?

Champ50

Awards
http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/EndoManual_3rdEd_2004.pdf

http://www.lef.org/LEFCMS/aspx/PrintVersionMagic.aspx?CmsID=114133

page 132, Pregnenolone (10-200) LEF(10-200) 124 ok
DHEA (LEF280–500 µg/dL) you are low, best use DHEA cream

Estradiol, you are little high, try 1/4pil/day Arimidex, or 0.25ml=25 units on insuline syringe w/cut off needle, LiquiDex
Retest

-------------------------------------------
Free (T3) --3.48 pg/mL (2.3-4.2)

3.820 <--FT3 start of upper 20%
3.725 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
3.567 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
3.250 <--FT3 start of upper 50%
37.89 <--your current 3.48 puts you %% from the top =100-(3.48-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100
21.05 <-- 3.8 would put me %% from the top =100-(3.8-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100

You could use little of Armout Thyroid, probably 1 grain,
what is your body temperature, pulse?
Body Temp averages 97.5 degrees

Pulse upon waking is 66 bpm on average.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Body Temp averages 97.5 degrees

Pulse upon waking is 66 bpm on average.
Yes, you temperature is slightly low.
Do you have idea what was it when you were about 15 yo.

You could give a try up to about 1gran Armour and see/feel how much difference that would make.
Thyroid is not your priority.

Champ50

Awards
Yes, you temperature is slightly low.
Do you have idea what was it when you were about 15 yo.

You could give a try up to about 1gran Armour and see/feel how much difference that would make.
Thyroid is not your priority.
I have always run a low body temperature, for as long as I can remember even as a child and teenager. As for the exact temp or average temp I really don't know but I do know that pediatricians and doctors alike made note of it every time I went to see a doctor. I just assumed my body temp was lower that other peoples but that I was fine when I was younger.

I agree that Thyroid is not my main concern or problem but it is definitely part of the problem. I did an adrenocortex stress test and found that my Adrenals are a trainwreck so I feel that I should start my treatment with them and them deal with my Thyroid. If once both my Adrenal and Thyroid are running at OPTIMUM levels my Testosterone is still not where it should be then I will deal with that as well but it is the last on my list of things to treat.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I have always run a low body temperature, for as long as I can remember even as a child and teenager. As for the exact temp or average temp I really don't know but I do know that pediatricians and doctors alike made note of it every time I went to see a doctor. I just assumed my body temp was lower that other peoples but that I was fine when I was younger.

I agree that Thyroid is not my main concern or problem but it is definitely part of the problem. I did an adrenocortex stress test and found that my Adrenals are a trainwreck so I feel that I should start my treatment with them and them deal with my Thyroid. If once both my Adrenal and Thyroid are running at OPTIMUM levels my Testosterone is still not where it should be then I will deal with that as well but it is the last on my list of things to treat.
I think low temperature is associated with under acting thyroid, but your thyroid seems to be missing only a little, so who knows.
You are also missing not very much on testosterone.

Wonder how would you feel on 20mg to no more than 30 mg of Cortef.
Assuming that it would work for you and put you back in the right track, I would keep that dose for at least a year before making attempt to wean out of it.

I would not tinker with testosterone, not yet.
But get pregnenolone+DHEA cream.

Your high estrodial.
Get tested for all estrogens.
Possibly instead Arimidex,
LEF DualAction +TMG may give you the needed action.
Also LEF multivitamins, they have all kind stuff in them. Also calcium d-glucarate.

==============================
Why dont you get blood test similar to mine (add renin) or improve on my list.

Champ50

Awards
I think low temperature is associated with under acting thyroid, but your thyroid seems to be missing only a little, so who knows.
You are also missing not very much on testosterone.

Wonder how would you feel on 20mg to no more than 30 mg of Cortef.
Assuming that it would work for you and put you back in the right track, I would keep that dose for at least a year before making attempt to wean out of it.

I would not tinker with testosterone, not yet.
But get pregnenolone+DHEA cream.

Your high estrodial.
Get tested for all estrogens.
Possibly instead Arimidex,
LEF DualAction +TMG may give you the needed action.
Also LEF multivitamins, they have all kind stuff in them. Also calcium d-glucarate.

==============================
Why dont you get blood test similar to mine (add renin) or improve on my list.
Am I to infer that it will take A YEAR to get my adrenals fixed with the cortef if they are in really bad shape right now??? :jaw:

How long does it typically take to heal fatigued adrenals??

I'm a competitive athlete and I haven't trained hard in about 9 weeks, I might lose my mind if I can't train and compete for a year. :aargh:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Am I to infer that it will take A YEAR to get my adrenals fixed with the cortef if they are in really bad shape right now??? :jaw:

How long does it typically take to heal fatigued adrenals??

I'm a competitive athlete and I haven't trained hard in about 9 weeks, I might lose my mind if I can't train and compete for a year. :aargh:
Make sure that you are resting enough.

Do not skimp on good blood tests.
Also do urine tests.

Look for advice among top doctors, find them here.

FIND A TOP DOCTOR: The Thyroid Top Doctors Directory features patient-recommended practitioners around the world. Find a new top doctor now!!

http://www.thyroid-info.com/index.htm

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

*** I also had a Complete Metabolic Panel and Complete Blood Count done. If you feel those results are necessary I'll post but its a lot to type.***

I think your thyroid levels, while not being optimal, are perfectly fine and shouldn't be an issue.

Your estradoil is elevated and your DHEA is low. Your T is ok.

Having elevated E and low DHEA will cause your thyroid to underperform, did you know that :hammer:

I wouldn't mess with the thyroid, leave that be and don't open that can of worms.

You need a product that will

A. Raise DHEA
B. Raise T
C. Lower E

I know the perfect solution. I can PM you.

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
SO.. MY biotest is 202ng, which is low
dheas is 8.2umol/L ( cant seem to find conv for ug/dL?)
SHBG Is 28nmol...if 32 is considered 'HIGH'....is 28...? i figured it was near the recommended "LOW END"?

MMMM?

PHATS