Reply from my endo;

???

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.72%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bungloid48 View Post
    I sent a 3-page letter to my endo inquiring about TRT or at the very least, an MRI scan to rule out pituitary issues. I included a lot of references from this site and others that I gathered and showed a few case histories of people who have worse values then me who were readily treated. Here was his reply:
    Would you like paxil or zoloft LOL
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%

I sent a 3-page letter to my endo inquiring about TRT or at the very least, an MRI scan to rule out pituitary issues. I included a lot of references from this site and others that I gathered and showed a few case histories of people who have worse values then me who were readily treated. Here was his reply:
    Do you think you can talk your so call doctor into writting you long blood test as I usually post?
    If yes, do the blood test, you will be able to, either get latter T script from him, or have a good starting point to talk to Dr John or any other doctor.

Remember, only Quest Diagnostic
    (Free BioAvailable and Total Testosterone)
    gives you direct answer on level of your testosterone.
    With second best (LabCorp) you are still left largely guessing, but much closer to good solution.

--------------------
    As you see most of his writting is very close to the truth, yet he leaves you holding soft d-i-c-k.
    I do not think that is fair.
    --------------------------------
    If you do not have a doctor at hand but badly want to know your status, buy scripts for blood test from LEF.
    But they have to be done at LabCorp.
    250 HCG twice a week
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.25%

Yes, he is actually a very nice and understanding guy but I guess he made his decision and that's it...

What I can do for blood testing is get referred to an endo from a random GP whenever I need to and as an initial protocol get the sex hormone blood test done. The only issue I can think of is that since I don't pay for them, they are done through hospitals which can take up to 1.5 months. Is that a big problem in your opinion?

I probably can't get all of the stuff from your list done but the essentials like bio-t, Estradiol and such are usualy present.

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Do you think you can talk your so call doctor into writting you long blood test as I usually post?
    If yes, do the blood test, you will be able to, either get latter T script from him, or have a good starting point to talk to Dr John or any other doctor.

Remember, only Quest Diagnostic
    (Free BioAvailable and Total Testosterone)
    gives you direct answer on level of your testosterone.
    With second best (LabCorp) you are still left largely guessing, but much closer to good solution.

--------------------
    As you see most of his writting is very close to the truth, yet he leaves you holding soft d-i-c-k.
    I do not think that is fair.
    --------------------------------
    If you do not have a doctor at hand but badly want to know your status, buy scripts for blood test from LEF.
    But they have to be done at LabCorp.
    250 HCG twice a week
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%

Yes, he is actually a very nice and understanding guy but I guess he made his decision and that's it...

What I can do for blood testing is get referred to an endo from a random GP whenever I need to and as an initial protocol get the sex hormone blood test done. The only issue I can think of is that since I don't pay for them, they are done through hospitals which can take up to 1.5 months. Is that a big problem in your opinion?
    I probably can't get all of the stuff from your list done but the essentials like bio-t, Estradiol and such are usualy present.
    This is question that you must answer.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.25%

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    This is question that you must answer.
    How long does it take you guys to typically get your blood test results?
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.29%

How long does it take you guys to typically get your blood test results?
    I did my last blood draw april13/2007
    It took about 3 weeks to get it all.
    Mine was extensive test.
    You can see it here, post #1.
    Jan's BloodTest April13/2007

Less extensive tests have a shorter turnaround times (and less information).
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.66%

Hardasnails: ROFL, that's so typical but all so sad!!!!

It seems once a doctor thinks one thing, they have some complex that says everyone else is dead wrong. I wish they could see that they too are human, and make mistakes. Nobody is the same; some people feel great at 500ng, others feel like ****. Why don't they at LEAST have ranges for every 10yrs or 5yrs? How can they include sick people in the range that they are trying to compare to another sick person? It doesn't make sense to me.

The whole ref. range thing really is a plague to a lot of sick people. One big example is that most Docs are still using ref ranges for TSH that were deemed wrong in 2003, according to AACE! I nicely asked about my total testosterone range of 122-534ng/dl. I mentioned labcorp and everone else is using ranges closer to 200-900 and the lab lady got all defensive about it! "We've used these ranges for years and so far they work fine for us." How many people at this clinic are suffering due to their ranges? I am sure it's a bunch!

Even with the bloodwork showing issues, you will have to really fight for treatment. It's really too bad. Hang in there man! I too sent my endo a letter and even included a scientific study. She just wrote it off as nothing. Ignorance MUST be bliss.. for some at least.

-Steve
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Endos

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 12:13 AM
  2. Results from my 6-week 1-test 4-ad M4Ohn cycle
    By Zip91 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6