Needles and Dosing

wondering

Awards
Can folks please advise on Gauge and Length of needles they are using to inject Test Cyp. I am using 25 gauge 1" syringes and am curious if anyone is using thinner and/or shorter needles. I started at 22 gauge and that was like a spear in my leg. Can't say I am enjoying giving myself any injections.

Also, I have skinny legs if that means anything. Do they make 3/4" needles as I imagine 1/2" would be too short.

Have you really noticed a big diff in changing to more frequent injections? I am on 100/per week. Been on for about 6 months and have noticed in the last week or so, some nighttime movement. Not where I should be, but am curious about going to 50/2x week.

thank you.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Can folks please advise on Gauge and Length of needles they are using to inject Test Cyp. I am using 25 gauge 1" syringes and am curious if anyone is using thinner and/or shorter needles. I started at 22 gauge and that was like a spear in my leg. Can't say I am enjoying giving myself any injections.

Also, I have skinny legs if that means anything. Do they make 3/4" needles as I imagine 1/2" would be too short.

Have you really noticed a big diff in changing to more frequent injections? I am on 100/per week. Been on for about 6 months and have noticed in the last week or so, some nighttime movement. Not where I should be, but am curious about going to 50/2x week.

thank you.
I use a 25g 1" needle/syringe as well. The only problem area I have is my left quad for some reason. I simply cannot inject there anymore for some reason, so I inject into other muscles.

If you want to keep the needle size down, 5/8" is the shortest I have seen that would probably work. Depending on body fat, going with a needle that is too short risks not getting into the muscle. You can also simply not penetrate as deeply, but with a 1", you should be just fine anywhere you inject. Try your glutes and ventrogluteral (hip) muscles.

I'm also on 100mgs once a week and I definitely notice my T levels falling about about day 5-7. Many here doing injections twice a week, so talk to your Dr about it.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I use a 25g 1" needle/syringe as well. The only problem area I have is my left quad for some reason. I simply cannot inject there anymore for some reason, so I inject into other muscles.

If you want to keep the needle size down, 5/8" is the shortest I have seen that would probably work. Depending on body fat, going with a needle that is too short risks not getting into the muscle. You can also simply not penetrate as deeply, but with a 1", you should be just fine anywhere you inject. Try your glutes and ventrogluteral (hip) muscles.

I'm also on 100mgs once a week and I definitely notice my T levels falling about about day 5-7. Many here doing injections twice a week, so talk to your Dr about it.
Two shots in one day (HCG + T) every other or every three days with tiny needle, both subQ into belly fat, are appealing to me.

Then there is a one or two days break.
No need to drive nails into thighs, and probably more uniform T levels.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/828242-post18.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/828304-post19.html

28 or 29ga for T
30 or 31 ga for HCG or same as used for T.

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
I inject 28mg (.14ml) IM EOD for 98mg/wk with a #29 .5ml .5" insulin syringe. I use the same size syringe for my HCG at 250iu SQ EOD. The #29 is very slow to draw... #28 might be better for some.

With thin skin, .5" is deep enough IM for small doses.

Those who inject frequently have found that they did not feel right on weekly injections. Stick to your weekly dose and experiment and find out what feels right for you.

I was on 1.0mg anastrozole per week, now 1.22mg/wk. My TT was 1025, FT 36 and E2 22. Aiming for E2=17-20.

The whole TRT thing, even with high FT and TT was not working for me until I got on AI. This may be critical for [many?]others as well. When I got on AI, there were strong increased in libido in 7-10 days, other effects on mood and sense of well-being continued to build for 3 months.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Two shots in one day (HCG + T) every other or every three days with tiny needle, both subQ into belly fat, are appealing to me.

Then there is a one or two days break.
No need to drive nails into thighs, and probably more uniform T levels.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/828242-post18.html
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/828304-post19.html

28 or 29ga for T
30 or 31 ga for HCG or same as used for T.
Yup. Doesn't sound like to bad of a gig does it?

Dr Shippen has alot of his guys doing T SubQ E3D, all so far so good.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I inject 28mg (.14ml) IM EOD for 98mg/wk with a #29 .5ml .5" insulin syringe. I use the same size syringe for my HCG at 250iu SQ EOD. The #29 is very slow to draw... #28 might be better for some.

With thin skin, .5" is deep enough IM for small doses.

Those who inject frequently have found that they did not feel right on weekly injections. Stick to your weekly dose and experiment and find out what feels right for you.

I was on 1.0mg anastrozole per week, now 1.22mg/wk. My TT was 1025, FT 36 and E2 22. Aiming for E2=17-20.

The whole TRT thing, even with high FT and TT was not working for me until I got on AI. This may be critical for [many?]others as well. When I got on AI, there were strong increased in libido in 7-10 days, other effects on mood and sense of well-being continued to build for 3 months.
Have you tried to make "official" subQ injections of T, ie; lift the skin with belly fat (near navel), inject sideways to make sure to not to get into muscle?

KSman

KSman

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried to make "official" subQ injections of T, ie; lift the skin with belly fat (near navel), inject sideways to make sure to not to get into muscle?
No, have not done that. I remembe the debate about this a while ago. Always in the vastus latterals - quads.

I know how to do the SQ from my HCG.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Here is what works for me I do 70mgs every 3 days of Depo T and the 2 days each in between I do 350 IU's of HCG. I use a 27g 1ml x 1/2" lg. needle and shoot into my thigh for both T and HCG shots. For the T shot I pull the plunger all the way down and hold it takes about a min. to get the T out of the vile. Been doing this for 2 yrs now works dam good. I did .5 mgs of Arimidex to keep my E2 in check.

thank you.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Well, I finally caved in and my PCP will be speaking w/ Dr. Crisler. Hopeully, this week. Optimistic at this point.
This is great news Dr. John will have him up to speed in no time. Good luck with this and don't push your Dr. to hard or he will back out.