I am NOT allergic to HCG, right?

UrBrainOnHRT

Awards
Gentleman:

Here is my tale of woe. I last injected HCG six months ago (Novarel). Its for IM use only. So naturally I injected it subQ. Probably did 20 shots of HCG prior to that. No problems at all.

Then 2 days ago just received new HCG. This time the brand is Abraxis. It says IM use only. So naturally I injected it subQ. Using a slin pin, same as with the Novarel. After sticking my belly with 200 usp (.2ml) of hcg, it happened. Less than 15 seconds after the shot. A lump under my skin the size of a large grape. Fairly firm too. And it itched a little bit, but that stopped after a minute or two.

"So WTF happened?" I ask myself. Surely an allergic reaction to something in the Abraxis HCG.

I can't be allergic to the HCG itself. Because if I am, that would be a small problem, wouldn't it? Considering that I'm shutdown and all. Wouldn't you say if you developed an allergy to HCG, that would be, uh, inconvenient?

So an investigation was in order.

Ingredients of Novarel:
Chorionic Gonadotropin 10,000 USP Units,
Mannitol 100 mg,
Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 16 mg, and
Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 4 mg.

Ingredients of Abraxis:
Mannitol 100 mg,
Benzyl Alcohol 0.9%

The Abraxis insert goes on to say buffered with Dibasic Sodium Phosphate and monobasic Sodium Phosphate; Hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide may have been used for ph adjustment; Nitrogen gas is used for the freeze drying process.

And of course both have the bacteriostatic water for injection.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but i see the only ingredients in Abraxis that differs from Novarel is hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, benzyl alcohol. Has anyone in the history of HRT found themselves allergic to any of these? Am i the first? Is it physically possible to have such an allergy? Or is some other evil factor at work, conspiring to keep my balls tiny.

Back to the lump. It lasted a day then subsided. 2 days later its completely gone. My balls grew in size (a magnificent thing), so the lump did not prevent me from absorbing part or all of the HCG. I had no ill effects at all from the shot.

The plan: another shot to see if this lump was a one time thing. Unless those on board and smarter than I advise against it.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

UBOH

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
Gentleman:

Here is my tale of woe. I last injected HCG six months ago (Novarel). Its for IM use only. So naturally I injected it subQ. Probably did 20 shots of HCG prior to that. No problems at all.

Then 2 days ago just received new HCG. This time the brand is Abraxis. It says IM use only. So naturally I injected it subQ. Using a slin pin, same as with the Novarel. After sticking my belly with 200 usp (.2ml) of hcg, it happened. Less than 15 seconds after the shot. A lump under my skin the size of a large grape. Fairly firm too. And it itched a little bit, but that stopped after a minute or two.

"So WTF happened?" I ask myself. Surely an allergic reaction to something in the Abraxis HCG.

I can't be allergic to the HCG itself. Because if I am, that would be a small problem, wouldn't it? Considering that I'm shutdown and all. Wouldn't you say if you developed an allergy to HCG, that would be, uh, inconvenient?

So an investigation was in order.

Ingredients of Novarel:
Mannitol 100 mg,
Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 16 mg, and
Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 4 mg.

Ingredients of Abraxis:
Mannitol 100 mg,
Benzyl Alcohol 0.9%

The Abraxis insert goes on to say buffered with Dibasic Sodium Phosphate and monobasic Sodium Phosphate; Hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide may have been used for ph adjustment; Nitrogen gas is used for the freeze drying process.

And of course both have the bacteriostatic water for injection.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but i see the only ingredients in Abraxis that differs from Novarel is hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, benzyl alcohol. Has anyone in the history of HRT found themselves allergic to any of these? Am i the first? Is it physically possible to have such an allergy? Or is some other evil factor at work, conspiring to keep my balls tiny.

Back to the lump. It lasted a day then subsided. 2 days later its completely gone. My balls grew in size (a magnificent thing), so the lump did not prevent me from absorbing part or all of the HCG. I had no ill effects at all from the shot.

The plan: another shot to see if this lump was a one time thing. Unless those on board and smarter than I advise against it.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

UBOH

People can be sensitive to benzyl alcohol.