High progesterone and DIm

  1. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    High progesterone and DIm


    Should a person with elevated progesterone low e3 inspite of elevated esterone be using DIM?
    Would fish oils in this situation be a better idea? Thanks

  2. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Great question with resepct to DIM. Seeing the pathways, reducing 16-OHE with I-3-C/DIM also lowers protective Estriol (assuming detox pathways are intact). This is an issue I have been gving much thought to.
    I will always keep your wheels turning thats for sure..
    So a person with a COMT deficiency typical of schizophrenia could have altered estrogen metabolism which could be possible explaining why they have excess of copper in tissue level compounding neurological patternsl. Reason I know this is because I help to put my girlfreinds presentation together on schizophrenia for schooling for phd. After her presentation the Dr was blown away and asked her how where she got these connections. She said her bf studys alterative medicine
  3. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Great question with resepct to DIM. Seeing the pathways, reducing 16-OHE with I-3-C/DIM also lowers protective Estriol (assuming detox pathways are intact). This is an issue I have been gving much thought to.
    Is it this that your thinking about.
    FAQs about Diindolylmethane
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    Is it this that your thinking about.
    FAQs about Diindolylmethane

    Bingo the finally step is methylating the bad estrogen and getting out. In alot of my research i have found out that alot of people are undermethlyated and taking fish oils may be good for one thing but can there detoxifcation system handle the final step or does it just accuulate making matters even worse?

    And what would cause the metabolic shift if a person has a low e2 and high esterone level since they do go back and forth according to the metaoblic charts?
  5. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Great question with resepct to DIM. Seeing the pathways, reducing 16-OHE with I-3-C/DIM also lowers protective Estriol (assuming detox pathways are intact). This is an issue I have been gving much thought to.
    Right, DIM will lower protective Estroil. We do not want E3 to drop to low numbers.

    What to do? I like Resveratrol, as the aromatase inhibition is thought to occur through two mechanisms: reducing the expression of aromatase, as well as binding to the enzyme and preventing it from doing its dirty work.

    And, unlike conventional aromatase inhibitors, resveratrol doesn't cause a decline in endothelial (blood vessel) function. In fact, it seems to improve it!

    Secondly, I dig Calcium D Glucarate. It is not have any AI related properties, but it does help the bodies natural estrogen metabolism properties.
  6. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Right, DIM will lower protective Estroil. We do not want E3 to drop to low numbers.

    What to do? I like Resveratrol, as the aromatase inhibition is thought to occur through two mechanisms: reducing the expression of aromatase, as well as binding to the enzyme and preventing it from doing its dirty work.

    And, unlike conventional aromatase inhibitors, resveratrol doesn't cause a decline in endothelial (blood vessel) function. In fact, it seems to improve it!

    Secondly, I dig Calcium D Glucarate. It is not have any AI related properties, but it does help the bodies natural estrogen metabolism properties.

    So stopping the DIm for a bit and going to reservatrol and calcium D would be a better option then DIm till I get further urine tests. I do not want to drop e2 any further ..I do not think it can go any more LOL

    What are side effects of high progesterone?
  7. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    So stopping the DIm for a bit and going to reservatrol and calcium D would be a better option then DIm till I get further urine tests. I do not want to drop e2 any further ..I do not think it can go any more LOL
    Possibly instead of Estradiol, serum (page 64) (same as Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive)
    we should request the two tests below (blood and urine).
    questions
    1. are they right tests
    2. how to narrow down for desirable ranges
    3. estriol range in blood serum is minute


    http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/...3rdEd_2004.pdf

    Estrogens, Fractionated, serum (page 67)
    Estrone (E1) (15-65)pg/ml
    Estradiol(E2) (10-50)pg/mL
    Estriol(E3) (<=0.2)ng/mL
    Interpretation, when high
    feminizing adrenal tumors
    when low
    gonadotropin deficiency
    -----------------------------------------
    Estrogens, Total and Fractionated, 24Hr Urine (page68)
    Estrone (E1) (2.0-8.0)μg/g creat
    Estradiol(E2) (1.0-4.0)μg/g creat
    Estriol(E3)(2.0-19.0)μg/g creat
    Estrogen, Total(4-23)μg/g creat
    Creatinine (0.63-2.5)

    Interpretation, when high
    testicular tumors, adrenal tumors
    when low

    GnRH or gonadotropin deficiency

    Analytical sensitivity
    0.5μg/L(E1)
    0.1μg/L(E2)
    0.5μg/L(E3)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
  8. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post

    What are side effects of high progesterone?
    What is your level?
    Range below is much higher than "normal" range.

    The Life Extension Revolution (Paperback)
    by Phillip Lee Miller, M.D. with Monica Reinagel
    Item Catalog Number: 33696
    The Life Extension Revolution (Paperback), By Phillip Lee Miller, M.D. With Monica Reinagel
    Progesterone p95 p242 optimal range (1500-2500) pg/mL men

    Progesterone/estrogen ratio=(15-20)
  9. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    What is your level?
    Range below is much higher than "normal" range.

    The Life Extension Revolution (Paperback)
    by Phillip Lee Miller, M.D. with Monica Reinagel
    Item Catalog Number: 33696
    The Life Extension Revolution (Paperback), By Phillip Lee Miller, M.D. With Monica Reinagel
    Progesterone p95 p242 optimal range (1500-2500) pg/mL men

    Progesterone/estrogen ratio=(15-20)
    Progesterone 1.5 <1.4
    estrodial ultraseneitive essay <2 <29 range
    esterone 62 < 68 range
  10. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Progesterone 1.5 <1.4
    estrodial ultraseneitive essay <2 <29 range
    esterone 62 < 68 range
    Double check your estrodial test

    mine says
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (10-50)pg/mL
    ---------------------
    They also did wrong estrodial test for me and it says
    Estradiol <52pg/mL
    ============================== ==================
    My test looks like this:
    Estradiol 45 pg/mL (<52)
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive 27 pg/mL (10-50)
    ============================== =====================
    Your progesterone is ok per Dr Miller (until another doctor says otherwise)
  11. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Double check your estrodial test

    mine says
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (10-50)pg/mL
    ---------------------
    They also did wrong estrodial test for me and it says
    Estradiol <52pg/mL
    ============================== ==================
    My test looks like this:
    Estradiol 45 pg/mL (<52)
    Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive 27 pg/mL (10-50)
    ============================== =====================
    Your progesterone is ok per Dr Miller (until another doctor says otherwise)
    Well no matter what. My estrodial is in the toilet double that and it comes out to be less then <4 and thats not good. Probably why I can get it up looking at the hottest chick and can not remember some one name if they told me 2 minutes before, why my homocystein levels droppped from 5.7 to 4.0. Funny my mom's intracellular nutrient looks identical to mine to the T and se takes an anti estrogen Which I was too and did not need it will its been dropped !!

    give this info
    E2 has been in check whole time NEVER above 20 at any given time,
    esterone <68

    WTF did BPH come from ? Was it the out of wack t:e ratio causing the problem for 2 years. Could esterone be the cause? and can esterone also stir up my boobs hurting as well and not e2?
  12. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Great question with resepct to DIM. Seeing the pathways, reducing 16-OHE with I-3-C/DIM also lowers protective Estriol (assuming detox pathways are intact). This is an issue I have been gving much thought to.
    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Right, DIM will lower protective Estroil. We do not want E3 to drop to low numbers.

    What to do? I like Resveratrol, as the aromatase inhibition is thought to occur through two mechanisms: reducing the expression of aromatase, as well as binding to the enzyme and preventing it from doing its dirty work.

    And, unlike conventional aromatase inhibitors, resveratrol doesn't cause a decline in endothelial (blood vessel) function. In fact, it seems to improve it!

    Secondly, I dig Calcium D Glucarate. It is not have any AI related properties, but it does help the bodies natural estrogen metabolism properties.
    LEF's approach to modulate hormones in a way to help maintain healthy cell division is in their DualAction.
    Other than DIM and Resveratol their product contain:
    Broccoli Super Concentrate Extract
    Watercress
    I3C
    Cat's Claw
    ==========================
    I can, sort of, understand the brocoli and I3C,
    but what about the watercress and Cat's Claw what do they do?
  13. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    LEF's approach to modulate hormones in a way to help maintain healthy cell division is in their DualAction.
    Other than DIM and Resveratol their product contain:
    Broccoli Super Concentrate Extract
    Watercress
    I3C
    Cat's Claw
    ==========================
    I can, sort of, understand the brocoli and I3C,
    but what about the watercress and Cat's Claw what do they do?
    http://www.uspharmacist.com/oldforma...article_id=844

    http://www.newstarget.com/021646.html
  14. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1163
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Can esterone also cause sensitive boobs and progesterone being over the top end could that cause sensitiveity as well. Its not milking so its not prolactin. And since my e2 was so low thats ruled out..
  15. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    305
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    21.05%

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    I knew Resveratrol acts as an estrogen agonist/antagonist (basically, a SERM), but did not know it acts on aromatase.

    We have to be careful about drawing conclusions regarding, for instance, the effects of AI's on endothelial function. Studies can only make claims with respect to tested dosages or concentrations, and then only within study parameters.

    It's like what we read on the Boards regarding one AI's detrimental effects on IGF-1, compared to others. I have yet to see a study which actually shows this for us.

    Is the impairment of endothelial function caused by direct action of the AI on the blood vessel, or by a decrease in E2?
  16. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Is the impairment of endothelial function caused by direct action of the AI on the blood vessel, or by a decrease in E2?
    Decrease in overal estrogens, not just E2 but E3 as well. We need to keep estrogens in balance. I don't believe that AI's can actually damage a blood vessle, but rather, the lack of overall estrogens being present. Estroil in particular(E3) I have been researching alot of, and it is very, very important component of overall health.

    I think alot of times what happens to steroid users is not just the damaging effects on liver from increased T, but more damaging is the effect of very strong AI's and the PERMANEMT damage to E that they do.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Help - No Libido On Cycle and High Progesterone
    By pooloss in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
  2. High ALT and ALP levels
    By daemonium in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 10:21 PM
  3. High BP and anti-e's...
    By lifted in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 10:35 AM
  4. How long for high BP and acne to go away?
    By TheUsual in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 02:21 AM
  5. High doses and increase in "receptor cells"
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2003, 08:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in