High progesterone and DIm

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Should a person with elevated progesterone low e3 inspite of elevated esterone be using DIM?
Would fish oils in this situation be a better idea? Thanks

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Great question with resepct to DIM. Seeing the pathways, reducing 16-OHE with I-3-C/DIM also lowers protective Estriol (assuming detox pathways are intact). This is an issue I have been gving much thought to.
I will always keep your wheels turning thats for sure..
So a person with a COMT deficiency typical of schizophrenia could have altered estrogen metabolism which could be possible explaining why they have excess of copper in tissue level compounding neurological patternsl. Reason I know this is because I help to put my girlfreinds presentation together on schizophrenia for schooling for phd. After her presentation the Dr was blown away and asked her how where she got these connections. She said her bf studys alterative medicine

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Is it this that your thinking about.
FAQs about Diindolylmethane

Bingo the finally step is methylating the bad estrogen and getting out. In alot of my research i have found out that alot of people are undermethlyated and taking fish oils may be good for one thing but can there detoxifcation system handle the final step or does it just accuulate making matters even worse?

And what would cause the metabolic shift if a person has a low e2 and high esterone level since they do go back and forth according to the metaoblic charts?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Great question with resepct to DIM. Seeing the pathways, reducing 16-OHE with I-3-C/DIM also lowers protective Estriol (assuming detox pathways are intact). This is an issue I have been gving much thought to.
Right, DIM will lower protective Estroil. We do not want E3 to drop to low numbers.

What to do? I like Resveratrol, as the aromatase inhibition is thought to occur through two mechanisms: reducing the expression of aromatase, as well as binding to the enzyme and preventing it from doing its dirty work.

And, unlike conventional aromatase inhibitors, resveratrol doesn't cause a decline in endothelial (blood vessel) function. In fact, it seems to improve it!

Secondly, I dig Calcium D Glucarate. It is not have any AI related properties, but it does help the bodies natural estrogen metabolism properties.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Right, DIM will lower protective Estroil. We do not want E3 to drop to low numbers.

What to do? I like Resveratrol, as the aromatase inhibition is thought to occur through two mechanisms: reducing the expression of aromatase, as well as binding to the enzyme and preventing it from doing its dirty work.

And, unlike conventional aromatase inhibitors, resveratrol doesn't cause a decline in endothelial (blood vessel) function. In fact, it seems to improve it!

Secondly, I dig Calcium D Glucarate. It is not have any AI related properties, but it does help the bodies natural estrogen metabolism properties.

So stopping the DIm for a bit and going to reservatrol and calcium D would be a better option then DIm till I get further urine tests. I do not want to drop e2 any further ..I do not think it can go any more LOL

What are side effects of high progesterone?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
So stopping the DIm for a bit and going to reservatrol and calcium D would be a better option then DIm till I get further urine tests. I do not want to drop e2 any further ..I do not think it can go any more LOL
Possibly instead of Estradiol, serum (page 64) (same as Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive)
we should request the two tests below (blood and urine).
questions
1. are they right tests
2. how to narrow down for desirable ranges
3. estriol range in blood serum is minute

http://www.questdiagnostics.com/hcp/intguide/EndoMetab/EndoManual_3rdEd_2004.pdf

Estrogens, Fractionated, serum (page 67)
Estrone (E1) (15-65)pg/ml
Estradiol(E2) (10-50)pg/mL
Estriol(E3) (<=0.2)ng/mL
Interpretation, when high
feminizing adrenal tumors
when low
gonadotropin deficiency
-----------------------------------------
Estrogens, Total and Fractionated, 24Hr Urine (page68)
Estrone (E1) (2.0-8.0)μg/g creat
Estradiol(E2) (1.0-4.0)μg/g creat
Estriol(E3)(2.0-19.0)μg/g creat
Estrogen, Total(4-23)μg/g creat
Creatinine (0.63-2.5)

Interpretation, when high
testicular tumors, adrenal tumors
when low

GnRH or gonadotropin deficiency

Analytical sensitivity
0.5μg/L(E1)
0.1μg/L(E2)
0.5μg/L(E3)
---------------------------------------------------------

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Progesterone 1.5 <1.4
estrodial ultraseneitive essay <2 <29 range
esterone 62 < 68 range
Double check your estrodial test

mine says
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (10-50)pg/mL
---------------------
They also did wrong estrodial test for me and it says
Estradiol <52pg/mL
================================================
My test looks like this:
Estradiol 45 pg/mL (<52)
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive 27 pg/mL (10-50)
===================================================
Your progesterone is ok per Dr Miller (until another doctor says otherwise) :)

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Double check your estrodial test

mine says
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive (10-50)pg/mL
---------------------
They also did wrong estrodial test for me and it says
Estradiol <52pg/mL
================================================
My test looks like this:
Estradiol 45 pg/mL (<52)
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive 27 pg/mL (10-50)
===================================================
Your progesterone is ok per Dr Miller (until another doctor says otherwise) :)
Well no matter what. My estrodial is in the toilet double that and it comes out to be less then <4 and thats not good. Probably why I can get it up looking at the hottest chick and can not remember some one name if they told me 2 minutes before, why my homocystein levels droppped from 5.7 to 4.0. Funny my mom's intracellular nutrient looks identical to mine to the T and se takes an anti estrogen Which I was too and did not need it will its been dropped !!

give this info
E2 has been in check whole time NEVER above 20 at any given time,
esterone <68

WTF did BPH come from ? Was it the out of wack t:e ratio causing the problem for 2 years. Could esterone be the cause? and can esterone also stir up my boobs hurting as well and not e2?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

LEF's approach to modulate hormones in a way to help maintain healthy cell division is in their DualAction.
Other than DIM and Resveratol their product contain:
Broccoli Super Concentrate Extract
Watercress
I3C
Cat's Claw
==========================
I can, sort of, understand the brocoli and I3C,
but what about the watercress and Cat's Claw what do they do?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LEF's approach to modulate hormones in a way to help maintain healthy cell division is in their DualAction.
Other than DIM and Resveratol their product contain:
Broccoli Super Concentrate Extract
Watercress
I3C
Cat's Claw
==========================
I can, sort of, understand the brocoli and I3C,
but what about the watercress and Cat's Claw what do they do?
http://www.uspharmacist.com/oldformat.asp?url=newlook/files/Feat/CatsClaw.htm&pub_id=8&article_id=844

http://www.newstarget.com/021646.html

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Can esterone also cause sensitive boobs and progesterone being over the top end could that cause sensitiveity as well. Its not milking so its not prolactin. And since my e2 was so low thats ruled out..

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
I knew Resveratrol acts as an estrogen agonist/antagonist (basically, a SERM), but did not know it acts on aromatase.

We have to be careful about drawing conclusions regarding, for instance, the effects of AI's on endothelial function. Studies can only make claims with respect to tested dosages or concentrations, and then only within study parameters.

It's like what we read on the Boards regarding one AI's detrimental effects on IGF-1, compared to others. I have yet to see a study which actually shows this for us.

Is the impairment of endothelial function caused by direct action of the AI on the blood vessel, or by a decrease in E2?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is the impairment of endothelial function caused by direct action of the AI on the blood vessel, or by a decrease in E2?
Decrease in overal estrogens, not just E2 but E3 as well. We need to keep estrogens in balance. I don't believe that AI's can actually damage a blood vessle, but rather, the lack of overall estrogens being present. Estroil in particular(E3) I have been researching alot of, and it is very, very important component of overall health.

I think alot of times what happens to steroid users is not just the damaging effects on liver from increased T, but more damaging is the effect of very strong AI's and the PERMANEMT damage to E that they do.