sat fats not bad as we think

  1. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0

    sat fats not bad as we think


    The Benefits of Saturated Fats

    The much-maligned saturated fats*which Americans are trying to avoid*are not the cause of our modern diseases. In fact, they play many important roles in the body chemistry:
    Saturated fatty acids constitute at least 50% of the cell membranes. They are what gives our cells necessary stiffness and integrity.
    They play a vital role in the health of our bones. For calcium to be effectively incorporated into the skeletal structure, at least 50% of the dietary fats should be saturated. (38)
    They lower Lp(a), a substance in the blood that indicates proneness to heart disease. (39) They protect the liver from alcohol and other toxins, such as Tylenol. (40)
    They enhance the immune system. (41)
    They are needed for the proper utilization of essential fatty acids.
    Elongated omega-3 fatty acids are better retained in the tissues when the diet is rich in saturated fats. (42)
    Saturated 18-carbon stearic acid and 16-carbon palmitic acid are the preferred foods for the heart, which is why the fat around the heart muscle is highly saturated. (43) The heart draws on this reserve of fat in times of stress.
    Short- and medium-chain saturated fatty acids have important antimicrobial properties. They protect us against harmful microorganisms in the digestive tract.
    The scientific evidence, honestly evaluated, does not support the assertion that "artery-clogging" saturated fats cause heart disease. (44) Actually, evaluation of the fat in artery clogs reveals that only about 26% is saturated. The rest is unsaturated
    , of which more than half is polyunsaturated. (45)

    This may be why my lipoportein a is elevated most fats are from organic eggs, EFA, and lecthien granules, i do eat red meat but its very lean time to kick in some muscle milk , EVCCO and some. i bet you i barely get 10 grams saturated fats !!

  2. Registered User
    BigJimCalhoun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    184
    Answers
    0


    A Kit-Kat bar has 9 grams sat fat. I'll take two please.
  3. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    The food we eat does not end up in our arteries. Our arteries get clogged due to our own bodies defense mechanisms. Our own body puts a cholesterol plaque on artery wall as a band aid when it is damaged.

    I eat insane amounts of fats and saturated fats. My T production went up dramatically when I increased fat/sat fat in diet. My cholesterol is excellent. Do not believe the lies the media perpetuates. We human beings are mammels and should eat like them. Just because we were created(or evolved) from Gods image doesn't mean we are above eating like the (mostly) carnivorous species that we are!

    New York strips on the grill for me tonight, lots of organic butter and sauteed asparagus strips.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    The food we eat does not end up in our arteries. Our arteries get clogged due to our own bodies defense mechanisms. Our own body puts a cholesterol plaque on artery wall as a band aid when it is damaged.

    I eat insane amounts of fats and saturated fats. My T production went up dramatically when I increased fat/sat fat in diet. My cholesterol is excellent. Do not believe the lies the media perpetuates. We human beings are mammels and should eat like them. Just because we were created(or evolved) from Gods image doesn't mean we are above eating like the (mostly) carnivorous species that we are!

    New York strips on the grill for me tonight, lots of organic butter and sauteed asparagus strips.
    Make sure it is raw.
    I eat raw eggs, raw bacon, raw tuna, mniam mniam.
    Steak tartare with raw eggs yolks, (just ground the beef yourself or watch it being grounded).
    Add coconut oil to your vegetable juice.
    .
    Steak tartare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  5. Registered User
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Answers
    0


    I'm trying high protein, higher fat to try and get my test #s higher..
  6. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Make sure it is raw.
    I eat raw eggs, raw bacon, raw tuna, mniam mniam.
    Steak tartare with raw eggs yolks, (just ground the beef yourself or watch it being grounded).
    Add coconut oil to your vegetable juice.
    .
    Steak tartare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I use olive oil now. Where to get quality coconut oil?
  7. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    I use olive oil now. Where to get quality coconut oil?
    I have this one:
    Now Foods, Virgin Coconut Oil, Certified Organic, 12 fl oz (355 ml)

    But they also make this:
    Now Foods, Virgin Coconut Oil, Certified Organic, 20 fl oz (591 ml)

    I also have this one:
    Organic Coconut Oil, 16 Oz (454 G)
  8. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    I love coconut oil. Does lots of great things.

    I agree, sat fats are taking the blame for several other dietary mistakes...mainly far too much sugar, high fructose corn syrup and processed grains with a lack of quality vegetable intake.

    Also, LEF.org has a really interesting article on vitamin K deficiency and how it plays a HUGE role in artherosclerosis. The studies are pretty amazing.

    Le Magazine, April 2006 - Report: Vitamin K's Delicate Balancing Act
  9. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    I love coconut oil. Does lots of great things.

    I agree, sat fats are taking the blame for several other dietary mistakes...mainly far too much sugar, high fructose corn syrup and processed grains with a lack of quality vegetable intake.

    Also, LEF.org has a really interesting article on vitamin K deficiency and how it plays a HUGE role in artherosclerosis. The studies are pretty amazing.

    Le Magazine, April 2006 - Report: Vitamin K's Delicate Balancing Act
    What is your daily dose of coconut oil?
  10. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    Just a tablespoon or two per day. I've never really worked out the whole "ratio" thing though.
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Just a tablespoon or two per day. I've never really worked out the whole "ratio" thing though.
    I agree moderation is the key . 2 TBSP a day.
    1 do 3-5 whole eggs a day
    2 TSBP EVCCO
    1 TBSP of EFA balance
    1 tsp fish oils
    1 TBSP EVO
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    You are headed for trouble eating raw meats. Especially raw ground meats.

    It only takes one time.
    can we say ecoli, and other wonderful infestations manifested on your food. HEAT KILLS BACTERIA and other PARASITES ..

    TRy almond joy cocconut YUMMY Do they make them any more ?
  13. Banned
    plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    can we say ecoli, and other wonderful infestations manifested on your food. HEAT KILLS BACTERIA and other PARASITES ..

    TRy almond joy cocconut YUMMY Do they make them any more ?
    Forget that - Our body flat out digests and absorbes nutrients from eggs and meat better when it is cooked.
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    I have just started taking one or two (depends on what else is going on that day) tablespoons of coconut oil per day. I have to tell you, it makes me feel really good. And the weight just falls off from me. I am believeing in this stuff.
    GEt an RBC fatty acid to see how well it is working
  15. Registered User
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,699
    Answers
    0


    Yeah, I went into the coconut oil thing with some skepticism since I read it on mercola,lol, but many of the claims seem to be true. My cholesterol numbers went way down, my skin stays nicely moisturized even in the incredibly dry high-altitude winter here and it does satiate appetite pretty well. I get a lot fewer carb cravings on it.
  16. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    You are headed for trouble eating raw meats. Especially raw ground meats.

    It only takes one time.
    Correct;
    Either pick a piece of meet and watch butcher grounding it,
    or better ground it youself (clean uncontaminated grinder at home).
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. diet not gaining as i should
    By rich2342 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:07 PM
  2. sat fats at night?
    By LakeMountD in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 04:33 PM
  3. M4OHN, Lose Fat! Not Weight, Stregnth, Hair
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-09-2004, 04:30 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:02 PM
  5. Is fat before bed just as bad as carbs?
    By Gaf Knee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-19-2003, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in