Drug Testing on Androgel

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
Maybe I'm overreacting - but don't want people to know my business. I'm on androgel - 5g.

Due to my mgmt position (a perk of the position) I would have advance notice of pending drug screening, and even though I have a scrip - well, its no one's business.

I really don't know what would or could be tested - but if they did something like the T:E ratio - how much advance notice would I need?

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, if you are being treated by a capable doctor your levels should be in the middle to upper third of the range and not supra physiological anyway. So if they did test hormone profiles, which I can't see them doing unless you are a college or professional athlete, they would be in the normal ranges.

RugbyHooligan

RugbyHooligan

Awards
yea bro, your job isn't going to test those levels.

AnotherOldGuy

Awards
thanks guys - I know I'm overreacting.

But, i suspect that if testing occured, they would go the route of cheap urine tests, and not actually test our hormone levels. thats why I asked about that ratio I have read about over here.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys - I know I'm overreacting.

But, i suspect that if testing occured, they would go the route of cheap urine tests, and not actually test our hormone levels. thats why I asked about that ratio I have read about over here.
They don't test for testosterone or estrogen in these tests.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Interesting though, I wonder what the clearing time would be, since its td and daily, how quick would it be out of your system if you just stopped it for a few days?

How quickly would your t levels flatten back out to pre-trt readings, and I guess more importantly, how quickly would they return to optimum once you restarted the gel? A few days, a week, two weeks??

Also, Im guessing from your post, that your job has no kind of medication disclosure forms you have to fill out??

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
They dont test T:E ratio for steroids, some athletes would naturly have higher T:E ratios then what most of us have. They test other things, but I know Propecia was/is used to bypass one of the tests, so one of the testing methods might be to test DHT/T ratio.
But I have heard of other methods aswell such as testing the pathways or metabolites.

But I doubt you will be tested for steroids, I think they only test for recreational drugs.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
But my point was...even if you are tested you should be in the normal range and not supraphysiological range. Unless they test for synthetic or exogenous or other peripheral hormones (which should all be normal as well if you are treated by a competent Dr) it is a moot point regadless.

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
Dude on one of the juicer boards administers these tests

from him....
THC,PCP,Amphetamines,Cocaine and Opiates. Next up from that adds barbituates and benzos, then comes methadone,

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its silly you even have to hide that.

I am in business communications school, and I will be a leader in my field and will manage probably lots of people under me.

If anything, I would think higher respect of someone on HRT. In fact, amoung adults over age 40, I would suspect that they would have a serious advantage over the typical worker, given the woderfull benefits of testosterone.