Question about Armour Thyroid??

willis3

Awards
I take Armour Thyroid at 2 grains per day....Is it best to take one in the morning and then another one 8 hours later?? Or is it best to take both in the morning?? Or should I take one in morning and then one at bedtime??

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recommendations have always been to take the entire dosage on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

engival

Awards
  • Established
Most people using Armour thyroid are not aware that Armour thyroid should be used twice daily and NOT once a day. The major reason is that the T3 component has such a short half life and needs to be taken twice daily to achieve consistent blood levels.

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
Recommendations have always been to take the entire dosage on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
That is the way to take T4 not T3.
Armour thyroid is a combination T3, and T4.
T3 works best splitting the dosage,some take it 3 x a day.
I take Armour thyroid sub lingual ( dissolve in my mouth) for best absorption.:food:

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Yes take one grain in the morning put it under your tongue and forget it. The the other one grain and cut it in half take at noon and the other at dinnner.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Stop The Thyroid Madness » Things We Have Learned

WE, as THYROID PATIENTS who have made the switch to Armour or other desiccated thyroid over the past few years, have walked the path and learned the following.
Armour seems to work best when we MULTI-DOSE it– i.e. distribute it throughout the day rather than taking it in one big dose in the morning, the former which better replicates what our own thyroids would be doing—giving direct T3 throughout the day. We all experiment to find what works best for us, and generally, that means taking the highest amount in the morning, followed by a lower amount in the early afternoon, as an example. Additionally, many of us do our Armour sublingually/bucally (under the tongue or between the inner cheek and gums).

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
T3 half life is NOT short... it's more like 1-2 days. No reason to take it twice a day. Plus, T3 converts to T4 in the body, perhaps not at quite 100%, but don't get caught up in dosing Armour twice a day.... once is sufficient.

Just a quick link on T3
Cytomel - Cytomel Side Effects - Cytomel Information - Canada Pharmacy - Drugs from Canada
We are not on the same page here your talking about a drug T3 I am talking about natural T3. And this is a first for me T3 converts into T4 don't see this and never have seen it. And your right don't do amrour 2 x's a day do it 3 x's a day.
Gail’s Thyroid Tips

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
T3 half life is NOT short... it's more like 1-2 days. No reason to take it twice a day. Plus, T3 converts to T4 in the body, perhaps not at quite 100%, but don't get caught up in dosing Armour twice a day.... once is sufficient.
You have it backwards T4 converts to T3.
pmgamer18 always gives great advice.

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
on top of all that pmgamer has said; t3, the active thyroid hormone puts a strain on the adrenals. so anyone with adrenal issues (like me) is well-advised to dose even more frequently so you are only lightly putting a load on teh adrenal glands. i dose 4 times a day. am, before lunch, before dinner, and pre-bed.