Dr john BPH

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Dr john what determines BPH?
I know estriol is suppose to be the good estrogen, but does this apply to the prostrate as well? Is it specific estrogens that causes the inflamation and swelling or it just the e2 which is main contributer?

example
Person has high esterone normal e2 and high estriol could this scenerio also cause BPH as well?

I just can not understand how i can have swollen prostrate with e2 of no higher then 20 this whole time, but my FT has been really low for past 3 years, but no dr even checked the esterone, or estriol levels which may be the uinder laying cause ..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Dr john what determines BPH?
I know estriol is suppose to be the good estrogen, but does this apply to the prostrate as well? Is it specific estrogens that causes the inflamation and swelling or it just the e2 which is main contributer?

example
Person has high esterone normal e2 and high estriol could this scenerio also cause BPH as well?

I just can not understand how i can have swollen prostrate with e2 of no higher then 20 this whole time, but my FT has been really low for past 3 years, but no dr even checked the esterone, or estriol levels which may be the uinder laying cause ..
What is FT?

Do estrogen test at Quest post results, do:

Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Free
Estradiol, Ultra-sensitive
Estrone,serum
DHEA sulfate
Progesterone
Pregnenolone

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
What is FT?

Do estrogen test at Quest post results, do:

Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Free
Estrone,serum
DHEA sulfate
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
doing all of these except estrodial free

Ft= free testosterone
next time I will because I have clnical diangnoiss of BPH and needs to be futher investigated..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
doing all of these except estrodial free

Ft= free testosterone
next time I will because I have clnical diangnoiss of BPH and needs to be futher investigated..
Add estrodial free,
I am not sure but we are getting arond with estrogens and eventually free and bioavailable are going to be the main thing to look at, same as in testosterone.
---------------------------------------------
In my last test I did not asked for
Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Free
because Dr John mentioned them after I got tested.
I will test them in my nex test.
----------------------------------------------
I have BHP for years. I am going to Sloan Kettering Memorial, Cancer Institute in Manhattan.
All they worry about is my PSA and how often I pee.
If you doctor is looking into FreeT because of your BHP I want to know what more he is telling you.

I suspect that BHP is due to Estrogen inbalance.
That is why I do all estrogen tests that are available. Righ now I know of these:

Estradiol, Bioavailable
Estradiol, Free
Estrogens, Total, Serum
Estrone,serum

Also Rhein Lab urine test is on list.