Holtorf Medical Group??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Holtorf Medical Group???

1. New Member

Holtorf Medical Group???

Anyone have any experience or know anything about the Holtorf Medical Group??

Anyone have any recommendations for a good doc in So Cal?

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Champ50 View Post

Ron Rothenberg is in Encinitas, he's considered one of the best.
  3. New Member

I have a great doc in so cal..Amaritat clinic in Chino..Dr. Eric Dodson..he travles the world training other Dr's on HRT..very progressive and thorough..Other doc's screwed me up and he got me right..can't say enough about these guys...had 4 experts all consult on my case to develope a plan for that would work for me and i feel better then ever.
    •   

4. New Member

I've been a patient of Dr. Wightman at the Holtorf Medical Group for about 2 months, and I'm 5 weeks into my HRT regimen.

Started with a 45 minute long interview, with a very cursory physical exam. He ordered a very complete round of blood tests - they drew some 18 vials of blood for more than 25 different tests.

Follow up was about 2 weeks after the blood draw, and I found out that I'm hypothyroid, have adrenal fatigue, low test and low IGF-1.

He recommended test gel or lotion, but I told him I was interested in injections instead, and he went along with it with no trouble. He's started me on 200mg Test Cyp/week (and he frontloaded with 400mg the first week).

500 IU of HCG/week (250 the day before and 250 two days before the Test Cyp).

1IU of HGH ED.

I also have very high reverse t3 levels, so we're supplementing with 25mg of T3.

He also sent me home with a ton of different supplements.

It's not cheap, and they don't take insurance, although they did split the bill up into pieces - stuff I can submit to my own insurance, and stuff where I shouldn't even bother.

I can't give a long-term recommendation yet, since I'm so new at all this, but so far, so good. I'm quite happy with my treatment as of yet.

They do tend to push their own compounding pharmacy, and I don't think the prices are very good, but I'm planning on going along with it for a month or two more, and then simply asking for a prescription so I can pick up the test and HCG elsewhere. And I'm looking at my options for other HGH sources.

I don't have any other experiences to compare it to, but I'm happy enough that I've recommended them to a couple friends, and my wife has gone in too - she's had her blood drawn and is awaiting results. That tells me that she's seen the changes that I've felt - or she wouldn't be going too.
  5. New Member

Thank you all for all the quick responses, this board is such a great tool. I will look into all recommendations and Sleepy the detailed description of your treatment was great.
  6. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
    I've been a patient of Dr. Wightman at the Holtorf Medical Group for about 2 months, and I'm 5 weeks into my HRT regimen.

Started with a 45 minute long interview, with a very cursory physical exam. He ordered a very complete round of blood tests - they drew some 18 vials of blood for more than 25 different tests.

Follow up was about 2 weeks after the blood draw, and I found out that I'm hypothyroid, have adrenal fatigue, low test and low IGF-1.

He recommended test gel or lotion, but I told him I was interested in injections instead, and he went along with it with no trouble. He's started me on 200mg Test Cyp/week (and he frontloaded with 400mg the first week).
    500 IU of HCG/week (250 the day before and 250 two days before the Test Cyp).
    1IU of HGH ED.

I also have very high reverse t3 levels, so we're supplementing with 25mg of T3.

He also sent me home with a ton of different supplements.

It's not cheap, and they don't take insurance, although they did split the bill up into pieces - stuff I can submit to my own insurance, and stuff where I shouldn't even bother.
    I can't give a long-term recommendation yet, since I'm so new at all this, but so far, so good. I'm quite happy with my treatment as of yet.

They do tend to push their own compounding pharmacy, and I don't think the prices are very good, but I'm planning on going along with it for a month or two more, and then simply asking for a prescription so I can pick up the test and HCG elsewhere. And I'm looking at my options for other HGH sources.

I don't have any other experiences to compare it to, but I'm happy enough that I've recommended them to a couple friends, and my wife has gone in too - she's had her blood drawn and is awaiting results. That tells me that she's seen the changes that I've felt - or she wouldn't be going too.
    Please post the tests that your doctor ordered.

You probably would benefit from:
    one more of 250IU HCG shot, or once every other day.
    Also many people preffer twice weekly or every three days T shots.
    ---------------
    T dose seems high. Explain basis for dose adjustment.
  7. New Member

By chance anyone who has gone to Holtorf lurking on this site still?
  8. New Member

I now Dr. Dotson, and he is NOT a licensed physician to prescribe TRT or any other medications.

I was helping him at one point, a partnership of sorts was being discussed, until his personal actions got out of hand. But at any rate, Chiropractors are not allowed to prescribe medications, or even administer the type of physical exam required.
  9. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Ron Rothenberg is in Encinitas, he's considered one of the best.
    Without a doubt. AWESOME physician!
  10. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Without a doubt. AWESOME physician!
    I second Ron Rothernberg as well. As Dr John and him are both leading pioneers in the fields.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  11. Elite Member

I now Dr. Dotson, and he is NOT a licensed physician to prescribe TRT or any other medications.

I was helping him at one point, a partnership of sorts was being discussed, until his personal actions got out of hand. But at any rate, Chiropractors are not allowed to prescribe medications, or even administer the type of physical exam required.
    Chiropractors dealing with self administering TRT thats is a scary thought.
    Chirpractors due have their places in health care system. One would be not surprised that they loading patients that are in distress with unneccessary supplelements doing more harm then good.
    I am not a medical Dr, please keep in mind that this answer is for information purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose, treat or replace sound medical advice from your physician or health care provider.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by power36 View Post
    By chance anyone who has gone to Holtorf lurking on this site still?

I go there (started about 6 months ago.. actually have a follow-up appt this week I almost forgot about).

Going for HGH, in hopes it'll repair some damage I've done over the years of training and sports (vs. taking it to get bigger, etc.. I'm fine where I am for me).

It's sort of a "clean desk" operation. First visit you'll need to take an extensive blood test. 2nd visit, they'll prescribe for you. I've been mainly purchasing from them, but am thinking about seeing if they'll write the prescription so I can buy elsewhere, as they are on the pricer side. A 5MG hgh pen (kind you click and inject vs. screwing around with mixing stuff) is ~$425.

All in all, they are a good group, nice facility. Wish it was closer (I'm up in Santa Monica and their offices are way down in the south bay, at the bottom of Palos Verdes.

Dr.Laufer is who I go to. Very nice guy and knowledgable.

Feel free to PM me any questions if you have any.
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brett2k9 View Post
    I go there (started about 6 months ago.. actually have a follow-up appt this week I almost forgot about).

Going for HGH, in hopes it'll repair some damage I've done over the years of training and sports (vs. taking it to get bigger, etc.. I'm fine where I am for me).

It's sort of a "clean desk" operation. First visit you'll need to take an extensive blood test. 2nd visit, they'll prescribe for you. I've been mainly purchasing from them, but am thinking about seeing if they'll write the prescription so I can buy elsewhere, as they are on the pricer side. A 5MG hgh pen (kind you click and inject vs. screwing around with mixing stuff) is ~$425.

All in all, they are a good group, nice facility. Wish it was closer (I'm up in Santa Monica and their offices are way down in the south bay, at the bottom of Palos Verdes.

Dr.Laufer is who I go to. Very nice guy and knowledgable.

Feel free to PM me any questions if you have any.
    A patient may obtain their medications from any legal souce they wish. That is simple consumer protection stuff.

In my practice, we have a certain compounder who takes care of most of my guys. But that is just because they are so darned good. In fact, when a patient tells me he wants to get his meds from a pharmacy I know and do not trust, I tell them I canot be responsible for his results (one of the largest in the country makes TD's that are crap).

Especially in this day and age, the public must be able to get their neeeded meds as cheaply as possible. This is why the compounding industry MUST be supported. Many either have no insurance, or have insurance that won't cover what we need. And if the Dems force ObamaCare down our throats, that will be the end of insurance paid-for TRT. And GH will be a dream of the past.

Off my soap box now...
  14. Elite Member

A patient may obtain their medications from any legal souce they wish. That is simple consumer protection stuff.

In my practice, we have a certain compounder who takes care of most of my guys. But that is just because they are so darned good. In fact, when a patient tells me he wants to get his meds from a pharmacy I know and do not trust, I tell them I canot be responsible for his results (one of the largest in the country makes TD's that are crap).

Especially in this day and age, the public must be able to get their neeeded meds as cheaply as possible. This is why the compounding industry MUST be supported. Many either have no insurance, or have insurance that won't cover what we need. And if the Dems force ObamaCare down our throats, that will be the end of insurance paid-for TRT. And GH will be a dream of the past.

Off my soap box now...
    I am in agreement with you because no dr would not want to spend all the time and effort dealing with complex cases for a mere 18 bucks a month with $10 copay. That would be like a slap in the face to dr's that have spent many years in med school for what? To get paid a drop in the bucket for what there services are worth. What an insult
  15. New Member

Thank you for the replies.
  16. New Member

Anymore replies? No one going to Holtorf Medical Group?
  17. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Matrix View Post
    I am in agreement with you because no dr would not want to spend all the time and effort dealing with complex cases for a mere 18 bucks a month with $10 copay. That would be like a slap in the face to dr's that have spent many years in med school for what? To get paid a drop in the bucket for what there services are worth. What an insult
    Only one of the DRs I have seen involving these issues is worth even $12,000 a year. In fact most of them should pay me a percentage of the kickback they received to talk me into taking meds that hurt me when I was sick and broke.

Drs are getting what they deserve after decades of greed. I apologize to the honest DRs out there (hopefeully I will meet one some day) but anyone with my experiences would agree with me.
  18. New Member

Mate Ive had some serious serious serious issues with doctors who screwed me up....one of the reasons a place that has advertising like Holtorf is appealing, since they are not looking at one or two variables...however despite barely trusting the medical system at times, the Obamacare BS is the last thing I want....
  19. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by power36 View Post
    Mate Ive had some serious serious serious issues with doctors who screwed me up....one of the reasons a place that has advertising like Holtorf is appealing, since they are not looking at one or two variables...however despite barely trusting the medical system at times, the Obamacare BS is the last thing I want....
    Yes we look at things from a holistic stand point and the person as a whole not just bits and pieces.
  20. New Member

Appreciate the responses. Have my appointment in a few weeks...I have been waiting nearly 8 months to make this happen....I partially moved cross country to be able to get closer to the Holtorf Medical group just so I could try to get some help with serious health issues that are killing the quality of my life....all supposed to be 100% taken care of by workers comp, but none of the doctors in the area they want to send me to are in the Holtorf practice....so my only concern is how huge its going to be out of pocket that I will have to front, then go to town getting reimbursed from my workers comp insurance.

If anyone that has mentioned going there can give some ballparks on the monthy costs of test, GH, and supplementations. I am very very interested in the nutritional IVs and some B12 shots, as I do not think I am digesting nutrients well, and have chronic infections and illness...and have been put on so many anti-biotics that after finally seeing some of the best doctors in the country at the top hospitals in the country, I need to lay off medicines as much as possible because my immune system is so compromised....
  21. New Member

Holtorf Medical

Quote Originally Posted by Champ50 View Post

I highly recommend Dr. Holtorf and the staff. In fact, there is no doctor I would recommend more highly. When I first came to the Holtorf Medical Group, I was barely functioning and was truly miserable.

I was suffering from hormone imbalance and had complex metabolic problems. Weary and exhausted, I couldn't even function with daily activities. But with Dr.Holtorf, I started hormone replacement therapy and the shots. Now I feel like a blanket of doom was lifted from me. I was losing hope that I would ever participate in life again but Dr. Holtorf and his staff has given me my life back.

PS. Here is the website link for Dr. Holtorf and his wonderful caring staff.

Holtorfmed.com

...if anyone has doubts or questions about anything!! give them a call. You will not regret it.

Sincerely

Butters
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. medical advise
    By hulkster in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 04:48 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 02:35 AM
  3. Medical Study on Back Pain Treatments
    By Dr of Golf in forum Exercise Science