Integrity of sample?

wondering

Awards
6 weeks ago I had blood drawn for testing. Some tests were done at the Lab that drew my blood, but my PCP agreed to send E2 Sensitve Male Assay to Quest.

Well the lab didn't know what to do and so they just did nothing. After 3 phone calls to find the results, I finally get a message that they didn't know what to do and I need to call Quest and figure out for the., UNREAL !! I am so pissed and will call my PCP this afternoon and ***** like hell. I feel like I am on Candid Camera.

Well anyways, after 6 weeks is the blood sample I gave still ok? Or should I have it drawn again.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks ago I had blood drawn for testing. Some tests were done at the Lab that drew my blood, but my PCP agreed to send E2 Sensitve Male Assay to Quest.

Well the lab didn't know what to do and so they just did nothing. After 3 phone calls to find the results, I finally get a message that they didn't know what to do and I need to call Quest and figure out for the., UNREAL !! I am so pissed and will call my PCP this afternoon and ***** like hell. I feel like I am on Candid Camera.

Well anyways, after 6 weeks is the blood sample I gave still ok? Or should I have it drawn again.
Even if the blood is ok, it was drawn by moron.
Do you self a favor, do not let anybody draw your blood except phlebotomist at Quest diagnostics.
To assure good results Quality Control is of utmost importance.
Do not let drive by laboratory be in your medical experience.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am saying all that not because I am so smart, learn if you want from my own mistakes.