What can I take for size that won't upset Dr J?

bobbyn

Awards
hey guys,

i may be out of line posting this here. if so please accept my apoligy and advise were to move it. i'm not talking about steriods but something over the counter that won't upset my anti aging protocol. i normally take some m1t over summer...not alot, 1 a day for a week or two..then a few weeks off ect. i promised dr john i wouldn't use the m1t.

is anything else not as strong that would give me a bit of an edge. and wouldn't upset my antiaging protocal? i wana stay healthy but am lacking a little eof my summer size

thanks much
bob

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Well I guess the idea is to not change the lab results or give you gyno, but naturally anything that helps you put on muscle is going to raise your GH I would imagine. ZMA is one idea but that wont give you a real edge. Anabolic pump will raise your GH and change glucose insulin results and possibly other things. Your getting tested every 6 months, so maybe hit anabolic pump after a 6 month test so the next one is accurate still, but I would ask Dr. John 1st.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Protein powder, creatine, BCAA's? I doubt the doc will tell you what to gain for size even if not illegal. He's a Anti aging doc and since he has to be careful with today's media frenzy with just appearing to be a educated pusher of steroids etc.

I'm leaving this open and keeping it here for the time being although I think it should be moved to the 30+ section or some other section. You lack of size could be nutrition or training related. I just don't think it's appropriate for this forum...Dr. J can make the final say though.

bobbyn

Awards
i've already got my protien intake jacked up and am eating alot...i look good but not as full as the last few summers while using m1t...i also have some t-bomb and tribex left over but don't know if it's in the same class as the m1t. thanks for leaving the thread here for now. doc....i'm i out of line here?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
hey guys,

i may be out of line posting this here. if so please accept my apoligy and advise were to move it. i'm not talking about steriods but something over the counter that won't upset my anti aging protocol. i normally take some m1t over summer...not alot, 1 a day for a week or two..then a few weeks off ect. i promised dr john i wouldn't use the m1t.

is anything else not as strong that would give me a bit of an edge. and wouldn't upset my antiaging protocal? i wana stay healthy but am lacking a little eof my summer size

thanks much
bob
EAT MORE AND DIGESTIVE ENZYMES !! NEVER REPLACE A FOOD MEAL WITH SUPPLEMET TOO MANY PEOPLE JUST GET LAZY AND RELY ON SUPPLEMETS TOO MUCH..THEY ARE ONLY SUPPLEMETS !!

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
He wants something that will give him an edge that isnt harmfull or illegal, I would assume he has his diet down. ZMA, digestive enzymes etc dont give you an edge, they make the diffrence in the long run. He is wanting something to substitute m1t. I think anabolic pump is the answer.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
ANYTHING you take that affects your hormones will upset your Anti-Aging Medicine therapy. And...um....me. lol

I sure do hear good things about BCAA's lately.
i do 20 grams bcaas and 20 grams glutemine a day NO2 shot gun is good but people with adrenal problems/herpes be cautious about NO shot gun or any NO2 it can lower adrenal out put and altere methylation of the liver. excessive no2 causes dysruptions in methionne synthase pathway for liver detoxifiaction. NO2 anatgomnist to cortisol

bobbyn

Awards
thanks for the replys guys....that m1t just had me spoiled....ok doc i hear ya loud and clear. bcaas? would tgat be the same as amino fuel 2000? if not please give me a product name.

thanks
bob

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
NO2 sucks.

EDIT BY DR CRISLER: REEL IN THE ADVERTISING, PLEASE. WE HAVE OUR FRIENDS ON THIS BOARD, TOO.

And quality with them is a no brainer. Best BCAA's in the biz, and I'll put my money to that with anyone. Go get your BCAA's.

While your there, might as well, grab ZMA as its dirt cheap at 9 bucks, 5 pound tub of whey for only 30, grab some fish oil and resveratrol as well if you got the dough, free ship/handling when over $150.

Sorry if I sound like a rep for the company [YOU DO], but I can't speak highly enough of them, and I would like to see everyone here getting quality products :)

Last edited by a moderator:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I also worry about NO products producing superoxide, and worse, peroxynitrite radicals. However, I enjoy them greatly. So, I use them sparingly, as in on leg days.

I use Nick Delgado's "Power 'N Speed" product.

BTW, you MUST take carbs when using these products, as they otherwise will induce very uncomfortable hypoglycemia.
Yes that was the point i was getting it does increase superoxide dismutase which is a nasty free radical (probably half the people have no clue what we are talking about) if you take NO2 you might want to take extra lysine to balance it out. I told my freind on valtrex not to take no2 and he did not listen and eneded up in bed for 5 days ..He said next time he will take my advise more seriously LOL. i took No shot gun by VPX but I swear it may may body eat up cortisol like crazy after stopping it for 2 weeks i felt like night and day ..HMMM my gluthione levels were fine three months ago last time I check RBC it was in the crapper? Only thing i added in supplement progaram was NO2 could there be a link?

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
I also worry about NO products producing superoxide, and worse, peroxynitrite radicals. However, I enjoy them greatly. So, I use them sparingly, as in on leg days.

I use Nick Delgado's "Power 'N Speed" product.

BTW, you MUST take carbs when using these products, as they otherwise will induce very uncomfortable hypoglycemia.
Naturally there are lots of things I don't know, but I never even considered you lifting weights. That is cool! It'll help you relate to my predicament when I see ya in June.

BigTom

Awards
hey guys,

thanks much
bob

What? Are you 13 years old? If you want to toss in some gear... do it. You don't need anyones permission. You know where Dr. J stands.
M1T is toxic as hell. Run some low dose Test.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Remember what sub-forum we're in folks. Discussion of Anti aging and such. If you wish to find out where to run a steroid cycle there is a forum for it.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
What? Are you 13 years old? If you want to toss in some gear... do it. You don't need anyones permission. You know where Dr. J stands.
Your post isnt very logical, Dr. John has many good reasons for his guys to not use steroids so even if he wanted to he cant, this is why he is asking what else he can take, you must think its more simple than it is, but its not.

bobbyn

Awards
hey big tom,

whats the 13 yr old have to do with it? i'm looking for advice not sarcasim....you wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

i'm already doing some 5% test gel....

bob

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tom, you can make points without being a prick about it. Please remember that for future posts where you want to reply to something.

BillfromNJ

Awards
ANYTHING you take that affects your hormones will upset your Anti-Aging Medicine therapy. And...um....me. lol

I sure do hear good things about BCAA's lately.
Any paticular brand you are hearing positive feedback on?

BigTom

Awards
I think I hit a nerve.... The gentleman asked a question....
This is an open forum, and I gave my opinion.
I wasn't being sarcastic.

The secret to getting big is diet and heavy lifting. Serious bodybuilders know that.

ANY other "substance" will only account for 10-25% of the total equation in lean muscle mass.

Just trying to school ya, kid. Be your own man. I'm out.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess my sarcastic meter must be on the fritz then. He is on a program with Dr.J and i'm sure he doesn't want to risk pissing off the doc that's helping him and/or messing up his therapy. Just shooting test into your muscles isn't the smartest thing to do when you're dealing with your health, long term.

~peace and all

bobbyn

Awards
thanks for the support doc....i'm just trying to do the right thing here.

my thanks to you also jayhawk

bob

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Any BCAAS as long as pham grade will do !!

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
If he wants me to help him regain his health and happiness, he won't do things which are contrary to same.

I think you underestimate the loyalty of the AllThingsMale guys. Not every one gets to be a patient of mine. That is why I do not have a single patient who is not a good guy.
Wow, I feel extra special tonight, that is until my wife tells me I have a greasy, oily head or some other self-esteem busting comment.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I am using NOW Foods BCCA powder. This is unflavored and I mixed it with other stuff. It is Pharmaceutical (USP) Grade.

NOW Foods - Branched Chain Amino Acid Powder - 12 oz.

I make my own energy drinks based on my my own experiemental recipes. Came close to death only once.

My after workout drink consists of
  • Gatorade Powder
  • Glutamine
  • BCAA powder
  • Creatine
  • NOW unflavored protein
AMEN TO THAT
it all comes back to basics
may be add in 100 mgs krala and 5000 mcg biotin and with some oatmeal or yam you be good to go with a tsp of EFAS
:)

BigJimCalhoun

Awards
I can fix the oily skin, but you are on your own as far as your wife goes.
I am using the green scotch-brite pad on my head as I have not bought one of those special sponges yet. The wife caught me once and already threw the pad out, but I retrieved it from the trash

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I feel extra special tonight, that is until my wife tells me I have a greasy, oily head or some other self-esteem busting comment.
Oily face I have had this for yrs. it gets so back I have to wipe my face with baby wipes about every 2 hrs. The dam oil gets into my eyes. A Dr. told my I am lucky people with oily faces don't get old wrinkly looking skin. Tell this to your wife she is most likely mad about the oil that gets in your pillow.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's just gentlemanly behavior to not direct business to another Board. This is in appreciation for the realities of life that it is VERY expensive to maintain a FREE (to members) Message Board. We ask very little in return, really. When in Rome...
Do as the romans do. Yea I know :thumbsup:

I cannot wait to pick your brain. :duel: I will be seeing you soon this summer.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well Ill throw this in here..............what about turkesterone as i relates to helping increase lbm? Its non hormonal in action I believe. Would that be something that could give an edge yet not mess wiht T and E?

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
While some of the comments in this thread are clearly outside the paramaters of the forum purpose it does give me an idea. What do we think of making a sticky in which we have a living list of supplements that can aid in lbm , fat reduction etc BUT do not hinder proper HRT?

Realistically most of us on HRT are still interested in as much edge as possible on that while not harming our HRT. While doc certainly wont likely "approve" supps he could perhaps comment on whether they would be detrimental to HRT protocol?

Thoughts?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
While some of the comments in this thread are clearly outside the paramaters of the forum purpose it does give me an idea. What do we think of making a sticky in which we have a living list of supplements that can aid in lbm , fat reduction etc BUT do not hinder proper HRT?

Realistically most of us on HRT are still interested in as much edge as possible on that while not harming our HRT. While doc certainly wont likely "approve" supps he could perhaps comment on whether they would be detrimental to HRT protocol?

Thoughts?
Its probly not feesable because studies will come out saying one supp does one thing and then saying it doesnt. In reality all suppliments change hormone level, its just wether it does it significantly or not is probly what matters I would assume. Training legs will raise IGF-1, taking ZMA will raise Testosterone, even protein would raise IGF-1.

Dr. John, is it ok to take anabolic pump?
Isn’t insulin an extremely dangerous drug?

Yes, insulin is the most anabolic hormone but it’s also the MOST dangerous. ANABOLIC-PUMP™ is 200% SAFE and HEALTHY. ANABOLIC-PUMP™ is not an insulin like substance. ANABOLIC-PUMP™ is a brand new class of natural anabolic called SIMS.

What is SIMS?

SIMS stands for Selective Insulin Muscle Sensitizer. Yes, ANABOLIC-PUMP™ forces your body to naturally become super efficient in utilizing insulin ONLY in muscle cells. The miraculous nature is that it COMPLETELY shuts down the fat cell’s affinity to store glucose and triglycerides while causing LIPOLYSIS! Yes, read that again! Completely shuts down the fat cell’s ability to store glucose and triglycerides while force feeding your muscle cells. Go ahead, take a moment to let that sink in…

bobbyn

Awards
hey guys

i for one would like to see that sticky developed.....whatda say doc?

i tryed the anabolic pump and didn't feel a thing.....the directions say to take it 15 minutes before a carb loaded meal but my carb intake is very limited.

bob