Low Dopamine symptoms

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. What a coincidence, a few days ago, I found on another forum (powerlifting) about this new drug (pramipexole), thats supposed to be superior to other ones for lowering prolactin (caber, bromo, selegiline, p-5-p, etc).

The point is people with low prolactin, either because of progestin steroids or just because they always had low dopamine, started to feel better on most the symptoms related to low dopamine.

I didn't try it yet, but if anyone is interested they can "Research" a little more before "Stop" ing on their efforts to a improved well being.

2. Legit Mirapex (pramipexole) looks expensive! Sounds good though..

There are different dopamine receptors in the body and each med effects them differently. I wonder if switching meds occassionally will help lower the tolerance to them, since they would act as agonists on different receptors.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    define low or high dose on deprenyl. I see dosages ranging seriously from 2.5mg/week to 10mg a day. i'd say no more than 1mg a day, or since its a suicider could try 2.5mg 2x a week.
    FWIW,

I had battled depression for years. I went to a pysch who prescribed 100mg of the SSRI Zoloft about 5 years ago. It was a life saver. I felt alot better (but still not 100% like "the old me").

Found (on my own) that my test was low. I live close to Dr. Shippen so I read his book and went to see him.

Long story short, he got my test back to normal with HRT which helped even more.
    Then he prescribed selegiline slo-gel (topical deprenyl) and cut my Zoloft to 50mg, then 25mg, a day (goal to wean off). I have been applying selegeline 1.5mg to forearms 2x a day (3mg max day total).

The Zoloft alone lifted my depression. Adding the HRT and selegeline has given me the "get up and go" that was also missing. Today I feel great.

I use the selegiline at 7:00am and 1:00pm because (for me) it has an immediate but nice stimulating/focusing effect that is great during the day but I don't want before sleep.

You have to be careful with deprenyl and read all of it's interactions. Not only is it an MAOI inhibitor, if combined with caffeine it can raise BP significantly.

BTW, you won't get the "cheese effect" unless you take 10mg or more of topical selegeline. I'm well below that and never experienced any negative effects (only positive).

We are all wired differently and this is just what works for me. Took doctor and I over one year to tweak everything.

4. So would L-Dopa be the best natural product to raise dopamine?

Mine is low - 600 (400 - 2600) via urine test.

I remember that when i used clenbuterol last year i started to feel unbelieveably great for some reason then when i went off the brain fog/absentmindedness and other crap started again. I researched into this more and found it increases neurotransmitters like dopamine and adrenaline/noradrenaline and thats why i felt so great

5. For me at times i feel almost complete anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure). And inability to feel love and sense attachment to another person.
    •   

6. for a good thread.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MetalMX View Post
    For me at times i feel almost complete anhedonia (inability to feel pleasure). And inability to feel love and sense attachment to another person.
    I feel like this often as well. L-dopa and deprenyl didn't do anything for me personally. Stablon on the other hand works wonders, but I had to take higher than the recommended dose. It is underdosed.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    I feel like this often as well. L-dopa and deprenyl didn't do anything for me personally. Stablon on the other hand works wonders, but I had to take higher than the recommended dose. It is underdosed.

Is L-Dopa a supplement or a drug?

I know that feeling all too well dude... it's terrible.

I might ask my doctor to give me a prescription if it indeed is a drug. It would really really help.

9. Its a supplement. Do some research.

10. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    Its a supplement. Do some research.

I do plenty of research thanks.

11. I just mean do an L-dopa search on here and do some thread reading. For some it helped in some aspects, and for other it has made them feel worse. I thought about L-dopa, but after some research, I don't think it will help.

12. Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf0420 View Post
    I just mean do an L-dopa search on here and do some thread reading. For some it helped in some aspects, and for other it has made them feel worse. I thought about L-dopa, but after some research, I don't think it will help.
    I'm reading more into it now. But as you say i don't think it will help, i don't think so either.

Meth might work...

13. High dosed Stablon (5 - 6 tabs pd) lowers anxiety, gives me amazing focus and a great level of speach. Makes me real chatty and positive but completely removes any anxiety, it's a real interesting combination of effects. It's a selective serotonin re-uptake enhancer and causes dopamine to fire faster. It enhances the functional responsiveness of dopamine D2 and D3 receptors. The best thing I have taken for mood with no side effects. If anything, it is pro-sexual. It's also super expensive to purchase at a clinical dose so I cycle it's use.

14. Merck Medical manual in list of drug interactions states that vitamin B6 Decarboxlates L-Dopa before it can pass the blood-brain barrier where it does it's magic to raise GH and maybe T via stimulation of the hypothalamus. I feel increased energy and motivation after taking Macuna with L-Dopa to raise growth hormone both before exercise and while retiring to bed to go to sleep. Elevated blood sugar levels raise insulin which is a brake to GH release - so should be several hours after carbohydrate consumption. It is also supposed to stimulate vivid dreams. It interferred with going to sleep a few times. Try it, might be a better cure for depression than 5-HTP depending on your own particular circumstances, hormonal balances, etc.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long for low T symptoms to appear?
    By schwellington in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 01:28 AM
  2. Low Dopamine Levels ==> How to Increase?
    By steve999 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM
  3. Low e2 symptoms
    By kencamp in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 06:55 PM
  4. Penis Shrinkage (Softness/ED/Low Libido) - High E2 & Low E2 Symptoms
    By Megazoid in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 10:58 PM
  5. low estrogen symptoms