Little scared to medication!

johnathansmit

Awards
I just started taking Lexapro last week and it is already helping a little bit. But it seems like I am more stressed in the morning and start feeling better in the afternoon. Is this how it starts working in some people? I have some Xanax too and sometimes take a half when I feel like I need. I'm hoping there are some people who DON'T have a really bad experience getting off of it. Is there anyone who did not have a lot of problems? I had a bad experience with Zoloft so I was scared to start another drug. Any advice?
Please help!

dominick99k3

Awards
Re : Little scared to medication!

You should look for natural treatment of asthma. I read a book called asthma free naturally as written by Patrick McKeown. That this book is available online and details the Buteyko breathing method for asthma. He teaches Buteyko Breathing Clinic and many other methods. Have a look at Asthma Care Ireland- Featured on RTE and TV3, Buteyko Clinics and books You would surely be benefited.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I just started taking Lexapro last week and it is already helping a little bit. But it seems like I am more stressed in the morning and start feeling better in the afternoon. Is this how it starts working in some people? I have some Xanax too and sometimes take a half when I feel like I need. I'm hoping there are some people who DON'T have a really bad experience getting off of it. Is there anyone who did not have a lot of problems? I had a bad experience with Zoloft so I was scared to start another drug. Any advice?
Please help!
I was on Zoloft for about 2 years before I decided to stop taking it, I blew up like a balloon on that stuff and when I started having sexual side effects, I just quit taking it. You know, I really didn't notice much when I came off of the Zoloft, I still have anxiety and depression problems but being on TRT has really help with that. Is Lexapro an SSRI or an SSNRI?

When I first started taking stuff for my anxiety attacks my doc gave me some xanex, I took them for a while and had no problems coming off of that.