Seeing Dr. John

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.33%

Question Seeing Dr. John

I am in the process of scheduling an appointment with Dr. John and I have a few questions to anyone who may be a patient of his or who has knowledge in HRT. First, do I need to stop any treatment that I may have started myself for HRT such as Testosterone injections at XXX MG every week? Next, should I stop taking 6-OXO, DIM, Tribulus and/or Stinging Nettle before the visit, and how long before the visit? I understand no bloodwork would be taken at the initial visit, but at a lab of my choice. Do I need to stop anything I am doing prior to my lab work so I do not skew the results? Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.5%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by baller1013 View Post
    I am in the process of scheduling an appointment with Dr. John and I have a few questions to anyone who may be a patient of his or who has knowledge in HRT. First, do I need to stop any treatment that I may have started myself for HRT such as Testosterone injections at XXX MG every week? Next, should I stop taking 6-OXO, DIM, Tribulus and/or Stinging Nettle before the visit, and how long before the visit? I understand no bloodwork would be taken at the initial visit, but at a lab of my choice. Do I need to stop anything I am doing prior to my lab work so I do not skew the results? Any information you can provide would be appreciated.
    Whatewer you do (except steroids) do it according to rigid schedule for over a month time, so you are stabilized and blood test results are meaningful.
    You should not do a blood tests when you are in transition.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.71%

If you are going to be Dr. Crisler's patient, get your instructions from his office.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.04%

Baller,
    As a patient of Dr. John's, I'd say stick with what you are doing until you see him. He'll give you guidelines on any meds plus any supplements that you need/should take. Hope this helps.

Mike
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77%

When I went to Dr John's office he asked if I was taking anything. I had stopped taking tongkat ali (longjack, lj100, etc...) three weeks prior in anticipation of the visit. He said that this was a good idea as he could get a clean test right away. Had I not stopped I suppose I would have had to wait til it was cleared out....I don't know about you but I don't like waiting when it comes to this. If you're already on trt I would probably stay on schedule w/ dosing as this would show a stabilized level...but don't know for certain.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.22%

Quote Originally Posted by baller1013 View Post
    If you are already doing Test injections on your own in an effort to get things right, you are probably shutdown, so I would stay with what you are doing and tell Dr. John your exact dosage. If you quit the injections, your levels will be terribly skewed and Dr. John won't be making the correct decisions.

If you aren't taking anything, don't start until he tells you what to start with.

But above all things, whatever you do, make sure you are open and honest with him so he can take care of the problem correctly.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dr. John... How about Soy milk for my 3year-old boy?
    By BigAk in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 05:36 PM
  2. Dr. John, HCG Q
    By Mess in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 02:06 PM
  3. Thyroid question for Dr. John
    By greatgro in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 10:24 AM
  4. Please Welcome - Dr. John