The FDA is at it again

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
yeah and spreading rumors that chinese are trying to poison us by selling contimanted whey protein. My girlfreinds take saw this on some debate show on CNN and went through house and through every thing out that had whey including her muscle milk. I was freaken pissed and went through the roof when she told me and now due to media hype she scared to take anything with whey in it UGH !!!

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
yeah and spreading rumors that chinese are trying to poison us by selling contimanted whey protein. My girlfreinds take saw this on some debate show on CNN and went through house and through every thing out that had whey including her muscle milk. I was freaken pissed and went through the roof when she told me and now due to media hype she scared to take anything with whey in it UGH !!!
It may lower your blood pressure, (only a little bit) if you are able to switch channels from CNN to Fox.
CNN was bought out by AlQueida.

My cousin in Poland have no such a luxury, sometimes it is hard to talk to him.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It may lower your blood pressure, (only a little bit) if you are able to switch channels from CNN to Fox.
CNN was bought out by AlQueida.

My cousin in Poland have no such a luxury, sometimes it is hard to talk to him.
I stopped watching TV a long time ago. I get my info from the internet and reading newspapers.

Throw out your TV and watch how your QOL goes up.

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
I just posted this comment. Fell free to use or modify to your liking:

I am strongly opposed to this proposed regulatory action. I feel like the F.D.A. has become a puppet for the pharmaceutical industry, and rarely protects us from dangerous drugs (Vioxx, etc.). This proposed regulation would severely inhibit my ability as a free American citizen to make personal healthcare and wellness choices. I don't need a panel of F.D.A. regulators appointed by the profit-obsessed drug companies to control my supplement and fruit juice consumption. Please reconsider the notion of stepping even further into the personal lives of the American citizens. If the citizenry will need a prescription for Pfizer trademarked Vitamin C, a positively Orwellian nightmare will be upon us.

TiredOldFart

Awards
I just posted this comment. Fell free to use or modify to your liking:

I am strongly opposed to this proposed regulatory action. I feel like the F.D.A. has become a puppet for the pharmaceutical industry, and rarely protects us from dangerous drugs (Vioxx, etc.). This proposed regulation would severely inhibit my ability as a free American citizen to make personal healthcare and wellness choices. I don't need a panel of F.D.A. regulators appointed by the profit-obsessed drug companies to control my supplement and fruit juice consumption. Please reconsider the notion of stepping even further into the personal lives of the American citizens. If the citizenry will need a prescription for Pfizer trademarked Vitamin C, a positively Orwellian nightmare will be upon us.

You are right on the mark. This is the same FDA that failed to protect over 4500 pets from toxic wheat gluten, rice protein concentrates and other protein products laced with melamine and rat poison. Media has become very quite in coverage of this, because guess who buys advertising time.

These imported products entered our ports from China and over 800 metric tons of wheat gluten powder were adulterated with Melamine to increase their protein assay. Melamine fools protein assay to read higher, so adding melamine enhances measured economic value. The FDA continues to report 16 pet deaths over a month after the toxic episode even though over 4500 pets have died. Foods continue with new recall announcements a full month after the first admission by Menu Foods of pet deaths from toxic foods.

The FDA has no adverse reporting form in place on their web site. In place, they list 50 phone numbers in 50 states for consumers to call with reports. Why? Because they don't want to assemble this data in a single data base. They don't want the answer known as to how miserably they failed the public who trusted them. If they don't have the data at hand, congress can't get a square answer. If the FDA wanted to know about adverse reactions to foods, supplements and medications, there would be a detailed form right there, listed on the home page. There wouldn't be phone numbers to informally screen and appease the public.

If you wanted to define "OWNED", that is the FDA. Big Pharma owns the FDA, as do the food manufactures. Genetic foods enter our food chain. These grains manufacture their own insecticides, withstand defoliiants such as Roundup and it's all served up for your dinner plate. It's not disclosed on the content labels either. Meanwhile, they are wondering if the supplement industry is eating into Big Pharma profits and can they do something about that? Who are they protecting and who do the work for?

When rice proteins were found to be imported by Wilber-Ellis, the middle of last week.... I think it was Tuesday, the FDA refused to reveal which food vendors received shipment of adulterated and toxic protein powders. Instead, days passed by while the FDA waited for American Nutrition, one of the recipients of the toxic stuff, to admit they had fraudulently used this ingredient in contract manufacture of product for Harmony Farms.

The FDA can't protect anyone except corporations. They have close ranks around this recent failure to protect us from agro-terrorism. No one except corporations know the full extent of this Melamine and rat poison added to human grade protein glutens. Melamine has been found in hog feed and the FDA has had to purchase 3000 hogs because of the poisoning with this "salvaged" pet food that was fed. The FDA can't find their ass with both hands, much less regulate even more than they are tasked with now.

The FDA doesn't belong regulating supplements. Supplements may need some checks and balances to assure they contain what is labeled. This is sure as hell not the folks to regulate this.

An aside note... you guys buying "Chinese Gear"... you ought to be scared.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I probably sound like a nut, but this is what I wrote them:

I am so strongly opposed to this regulatory action its hard for me to put it into words. The fda needs to focus more of its resources into keeping our food supply safe from things like e.coli in spinach and lettuce, poison in dog food and dangerous baby food, to name a few. Stay focused on things that are actually harmful and hurting and killing people, children and pets instead of regulating the supplement industry. Its absolutely clear to me why this issue is coming up yet again, and its sad for me to write it, but Im sure its a monetary issue, and is a direct result of pressure from big business seeking to cash in and monopolize yet another aspect of what freedoms of choice we still have available. Allow me to cite a direct example, recently a friends doctor told him to try this new 'medicine' omacor for his health, well omacor is essentially fish oil, that has now been approved by the FDA, but instead of paying about $10 for a 3 month supply of fishoil from the heatlh food store, hes supposed to get a prescription filled which costs him $30 for a month copay, and charges his health insurance company close to $150 or more. I personally dont need to pay $200 a month for my multivitamin which I have been taking since Mom had me taking flinstones chewables as a child if the FDA regulates everything to such an extent that it makes it impossible for all but the largest corporations to be compliant and profitable. You, the FDA, need to focus on things that are actually affecting peoples lives and health right now and not bow to any pressures that are obviously coming from big businesses with clear cut monetary interest. Im shocked that this is even allowed to continue to be an issue in a world where we have people dying from terrorism, school shootings, torrential storms and floods brought on by years of ignored global warming, people across America getting sick and dying from eating poisened and tainted food, yet the best the FDA can do is once again try to regulate the supplement industry. Leave supplements, herbs, minerals and the supplement industry alone. Protect us, our families, our children and our pets from being poisened or killed from eating something we bought at the grocery store. Do your jobs for Gods sake, your supposed to be the Food and Drug Administration, at least make getting the food supply safe a main priority before you start bending to political pressures.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is just more BS rumors!. I will believe it when it happens, for now I am not paranoid about things I only hear about on the internet. If this was a real possiblity I am sure it would be reported in mainstream media news.

Chip Douglas

Awards
While I agree they're just rumors on U.S. ground, it appears it's pretty much how things go in Australia.

I don't mind that dangerous susbtances be taken off the shelves, but come on, like Dr. John wrote, pharmaceutical drugs have cause far more damage than supplements.

Will they ever leave us alone !!

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
This is just more BS rumors!. I will believe it when it happens, for now I am not paranoid about things I only hear about on the internet. If this was a real possiblity I am sure it would be reported in mainstream media news.
Are you joking?

DO you know about the Euro version, CODEX, that may become a necessity for partnership in the UN?

Stop Codex: Protect Health Freedom :: HealthFreedomUSA.org

When your news outlet feeds you daylong stories about Anna Nicole Smith, do you actually think they're going to spend time on this story?

I was a journalism major in college, had a job for 2 years, and left the industry in disgust.

Unless you chose to educate yourself (and continue to believe the media), your SOLE understanding of science and political news hinges on the efficacy of the reporter who wrote the story you believe.

Relying on mainstream media for knowledge is like asking a priest what color shorts god likes best.

Chip Douglas

Awards
FACT: The FDA is actively trying to shut down the compounding pharmacies.

The compounders are where we get T gel for $30 per month. And bioavailable hormones, just like the ones God already put in your body.

Hi Dr. John, hope things are doing well at your end.

Concerning the FDA, well, can you say corruption, greed for money. Despite the existence of useful drugs, they want people to be dependant on them. Of course, there are better alternatives lowering the amount of drug sales, that isn't good for business, their business. Thus, given they have much power, they use it to render powerless those who offer better alternatives.

I guess we'll never see the end of it. This gets to me quite a bit at times--it looks as though a fight between good and evil.

I just can't believe that such a thing will ever come true in the U.S. land of freedom.

mranak

Awards
FACT: The FDA is actively trying to shut down the compounding pharmacies.

The compounders are where we get T gel for $30 per month. And bioavailable hormones, just like the ones God already put in your body.
This wouldn't have happened had it not been for the so-called online "HRT clinics."

I also question some of the quality of the "injectable" testosterone esters that comes out of some of the compounding pharmacies. The anecdotal evidence which I've seen (which certainly must be considered with a grain a salt) suggests that such products are inferior to, for example, Watson brand test cyp and Pfizer's depo-testosterone.

But you're right that the FDA doesn't like compounding pharmacies because it isn't able to exert as much control over them.

I seem to recall our judicial system ruling in favor of the compounding pharmacies a fews years ago, however.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I stopped watching TV a long time ago. I get my info from the internet and reading newspapers.

Throw out your TV and watch how your QOL goes up.
I agree I live on the net too, better way of life than that fear machine. Just use it for movies :)