Patch Vs. Gel

Rausch

Awards
Hey guys - I go back to the endo tomorrow and I was thinking about asking her to put me on the patch. The reason for this is that I've been on androgel for a month with little change in the way I feel. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that I naturally sweat a LOT, and I think I end up sweating off most of the gel instead of absorbing it. Aside from the dermatitis risk, are there any other things I need to consider about the patch?

I still can't believe I'm doing TRT at 24, but damn do I want to feel better soon.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys - I go back to the endo tomorrow and I was thinking about asking her to put me on the patch. The reason for this is that I've been on androgel for a month with little change in the way I feel. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that I naturally sweat a LOT, and I think I end up sweating off most of the gel instead of absorbing it. Aside from the dermatitis risk, are there any other things I need to consider about the patch?

I still can't believe I'm doing TRT at 24, but damn do I want to feel better soon.
You have to use two packets of Androgel.
I like my 100mg/1g Tcream from compounding pharmacy. Very inexpensive.
I use 1gram daily, that is very small amount I put it on my thigh. It takes about 10 minutes before I can put pants on.
I used to use Androgel 10grams two packets. It is also good, dries quickly. It is thin, easy to spil lots of it on the floor and complain and make absorbtion story and what not.
I do not use Androgel anymore as I am handling my infant grandson.
In my case I have a prescription plan, but anyhow my deductible from Androgel was more than outright price of a Tcream.

Have you done enough blood testing. How do you know that you are primary?

Rausch

Awards
I guess I don't know 100% if I am primary...the doc says I am. What should I specifically be looking for in the blood tests? I know primary has to do with a malfunction of the testes, but I do not know what to look for.

BTW I use 5g androgel a day. I only wish I was on 10g, then I might actually feel a difference.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
If your on androgel it's going to be dam hard to find out why your T levels are low. When are Dr.'s going to learn not to just put the young man on TRT with out trying to find out why. I was told 24 yrs. ago with low amount of tests that I was primary last yr. I added HCG to my TRT and my levels doubled so now I find out I am Secondary and all the things that were low normal were screaming this on my tests. Now we treat the low normals and I am doing better. But to go 23 yrs not knowing sucks. All you can do is a Clomid or HCG Stimulation test here read about it in this link.
http://www.aace.com/pub/pdf/guidelines/hypogonadism.pdf

Your big problem is your seeing an Endo they are not good Dr.'s for low T I have seen 7 in the last 23 yrs. not one knew I was Secondary.

Don't do patchs they leave red rashs when you take them off if they don't fall off on there own. Do go to shots if the gels don't work.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I guess I don't know 100% if I am primary...the doc says I am. What should I specifically be looking for in the blood tests? I know primary has to do with a malfunction of the testes, but I do not know what to look for.

BTW I use 5g androgel a day. I only wish I was on 10g, then I might actually feel a difference.
Usually 5gram is not enough if you are primary.
Get HCG 250IU/EOD to get your testis going.
If 5grams plus HCG put you BioAvailableTestosterone over the top,
reduce Androgel, eventually to a zero.
If you produce all T that you need on HCG alone, you are secondary.