Besides ED, can Hypogonadism also cause premature ejaculation?

  1. New Member
    anyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    293
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Besides ED, can Hypogonadism also cause premature ejaculation?


    As if things weren't bad enough with Low T and erectile issues, on the times when I do rise to the occasion I am noticing a distinct trend towards ejaculating way faster than I care to. Could happen in under a minute if I'm not careful. Before low T this was a rather uncommon occurence.

    Any thoughts, ideas or comments? Seems like this is just one more thing to despise about having a defective system... Some days I'd like to really scream about this BS!!

  2. New Member
    SufferingEd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%

    Anyman,

    I am having the same issues. It must be a side effect of TRT.
  3. New Member
    anyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    293
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    49.52%

    Hmmm... I've been reading a bit more. Seems PE may be also due to low T


    Quote Originally Posted by SufferingEd View Post
    Anyman,

    I am having the same issues. It must be a side effect of TRT.
    If you are dealing with this as well I suspect it's because your T is still out of whack.

    Tomorrow I travel to the specialist. Ought to be interesting.....
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    SufferingEd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%

    Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    If you are dealing with this as well I suspect it's because your T is still out of whack.

    Tomorrow I travel to the specialist. Ought to be interesting.....
    I am waiting to see how that goes. Good luck. Only two more weeks until mine.
  5. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    in my opinion; a weak erection from LOW T will cause PE.
  6. New Member
    sammowise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    99
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62.17%

    I've been dealing with this as well to some extent.

    I think (from various readings): too low T => neurotransmitters out of whack (noreprinephrine) => PE
  7. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    serotonin and GABA are need to last long, also strong hormones levels
  8. New Member
    SoMdHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    454
    Rep Power
    326
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    77.93%

    PE is not my problem at all. I would love to be PE! TRT hasn't done this for me at all. I have a very tough time, which to me is far worse!
  9. New Member
    SufferingEd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%

    Well this morning I had somewhat success with sex with wife. Only problem was I had PE. Before I was even able to enter her. I took care of her first then we laid there and she joked how she had gotten so good in bed over the years that she can make me come before I even enter her. I am going to have to check into serotonin and GABA, plus the E2 to T ratio so see if either of these is the culpret. At least I am able to have some success.
  10. Registered User
    ItsHectic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    4376
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    46.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    in my opinion; a weak erection from LOW T will cause PE.
    Did for me.
  11. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    yup, i have severe ED and very severe PE, my test showed low testosterone along with hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.
  12. New Member
    smc252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    299
    Rep Power
    243
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    47.58%

    Sorry to hear of the issues guys. No fun! I can't feel much during sex, and don't cum...so I suppose you could be worse off
  13. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    yup, i have severe ED and very severe PE, my test showed low testosterone along with hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue.
    You have indentified some of your problems, have you been able to make some improvements in those areas?
    Check also prolactin, dr Shippen likes it at 3.
  14. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    JanSz, i havent gotten better, at times i think ive gotten worse my prolactin is 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
    i'm just wondering if my destructive past didnt damage my neurotransmitters permantly, but i am working to heal, i take good supplements/vitamins and started armour thyroid 2 weeks, ago, only at 1/2 grain right now
  15. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    JanSz, i havent gotten better, at times i think ive gotten worse my prolactin is 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
    i'm just wondering if my destructive past didnt damage my neurotransmitters permantly, but i am working to heal, i take good supplements/vitamins and started armour thyroid 2 weeks, ago, only at 1/2 grain right now
    Prolactin can be lowered by Vitex
    -------------------------------------------
    I need to lower prolactin, I just get home mine
    Vitex Fruit by Natures Way Vitex Fruit
    Size:400 mg,100 Capsules
    Item #: an003745
    Manufacturer: Natures Way Price Range $3.09 - $3.75 from 2 Sellers
    -----------------------------------------
    Forgot to check my favorite manufacturer NowFoods (quality).
    Wonder if I should keep using what I already have or dump it and buy NowFoods?????
    ============================== =
    Vitex by NOW Foods Vitex
    Size:300 mg,970
    Item #: an020032
    Manufacturer: NOW Foods Price $9.99

    http://anabolicminds.com/store/589.html
    ============================== =

    Better way to lower prolactin is Dostinex
    AG-Guys have it.
    ============================== ====
    Recheck and stabilize prolactin=3
    -------------------------------------------------
    NowFoods Vitex have more ingredients (with ladies in mind, scratching my head)
    Chaste Berry Tree (Vitex) Extract (fruit) (Vitex agnus castus) 300 mg
    Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis) (root) 150 mg
  16. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    whats the problem with High Prolactin?

    i think im honestly going to hold off on supplements, it seems nothing has worked for me and if anything i think im getting worse, i feel more weak sexually and more depressed than ever.
  17. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    whats the problem with High Prolactin?

    i think im honestly going to hold off on supplements, it seems nothing has worked for me and if anything i think im getting worse, i feel more weak sexually and more depressed than ever.
    Exactly, low prolactin = shorter refraction time, better sex.
  18. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    lets just say i have the performance level of a 95 year old man, i can barely hold an erection by myself that doesnt last long at all... probably the same refractory time as well.....its quite severe, i just pray shippen can turn me around
  19. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    lets just say i have the performance level of a 95 year old man, i can barely hold an erection by myself that doesnt last long at all... probably the same refractory time as well.....its quite severe, i just pray shippen can turn me around
    Point me to your lattest complete blood test.
  20. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    total T : 390 (241-827)
    free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%
    Serum T : 361 (241-827)
    Prolactin: 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
    Estradiol: 13 (0 - 53)
    LH: 2.0 (1.5 - 9.3)
    FSH: 4.2 (1.4 - 18.1)


    TSH: 3.9 uU/ml (.5 – 3.0)
    TPO: 1826 lU/ml (0-150)
    FT4: 3.6 ng/dL (0.7 – 2.5)
    my blood work from lab showed my FT4 1.2 (.8 - 1.4)
    FT3: 3.6 pg/ml (2.5 – 6.5)

    Cortisol Morning 8.6 ng/ml ( 3.7 – 9.5)
    Cortisol Noon 1.0 ng/ml (1.2 – 3.0)
    Cortisol Evening 1.9 ng/ml ( 0.6 – 1.9)
    Cortisol Night 0.6 ng/ml (0.4 – 1.0)

    DHEA 13.7 ng/ml (2 – 23)
    Progesterone 64 ng/ml (12-100)
  21. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    total T : 390 (241-827)
    free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%
    Serum T : 361 (241-827)
    Prolactin: 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
    Estradiol: 13 (0 - 53)
    LH: 2.0 (1.5 - 9.3)
    FSH: 4.2 (1.4 - 18.1)


    TSH: 3.9 uU/ml (.5 3.0)
    TPO: 1826 lU/ml (0-150)
    FT4: 3.6 ng/dL (0.7 2.5)
    my blood work from lab showed my FT4 1.2 (.8 - 1.4)
    FT3: 3.6 pg/ml (2.5 6.5)

    Cortisol Morning 8.6 ng/ml ( 3.7 9.5)
    Cortisol Noon 1.0 ng/ml (1.2 3.0)
    Cortisol Evening 1.9 ng/ml ( 0.6 1.9)
    Cortisol Night 0.6 ng/ml (0.4 1.0)

    DHEA 13.7 ng/ml (2 23)
    Progesterone 64 ng/ml (12-100)
    What medicines and supplements are you taking now?
    You biggest complaints.
  22. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    zinc,magnesium, Vit b5-b6-b12, C, E, adrenal extracts
    1/2 grain armour
    biggest complaint is ED
  23. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    total T : 390 (241-827)
    free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%
    Serum T : 361 (241-827)
    Prolactin: 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)Estradiol: 13 (0 - 53)
    LH: 2.0 (1.5 - 9.3)
    FSH: 4.2 (1.4 - 18.1)



    TSH: 3.9 uU/ml (.5 – 3.0)
    TPO: 1826 lU/ml (0-150)
    FT4: 3.6 ng/dL (0.7 – 2.5)

    my blood work from lab showed my FT4 1.2 (.8 - 1.4)
    FT3: 3.6 pg/ml (2.5 – 6.5)

    Cortisol Morning 8.6 ng/ml ( 3.7 – 9.5)
    Cortisol Noon 1.0 ng/ml (1.2 – 3.0)
    Cortisol Evening 1.9 ng/ml ( 0.6 – 1.9)
    Cortisol Night 0.6 ng/ml (0.4 – 1.0)

    DHEA 13.7 ng/ml (2 – 23)
    Progesterone 64 ng/ml (12-100)
    I am not a doctor.
    I am hanging around here and meso board trying to educate myself and help in my own ED.
    I suggest that you do my long blood test, and do it at Quest Diagnostics.
    It will be good for discussions here and when you get to dr Shippen.
    Off hand I see prolactin and low Testosterone as your problem. You testicles are not getting enough signal.
    Not sure what is going on with your thyroid.

    With what I see now I would:
    HCG 100IU/day
    100mg/1gram pregnenolone cream, 1gram/day

    Get better advice on adrenals and thyroid.

    Prolactin is high (adrenal tumors???)
    get MRI

    Try Vitex or Dostinex retest in 2 months, see if that helps.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Adrenals and Thyroid is probably your primary problem.

    Good luck.
  24. New Member
    SufferingEd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    94.65%

    Jansz-your thoughts?


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    I am not a doctor.
    I am hanging around here and meso board trying to educate myself and help in my own ED.
    I suggest that you do my long blood test, and do it at Quest Diagnostics.
    It will be good for discussions here and when you get to dr Shippen.
    Off hand I see prolactin and low Testosterone as your problem. You testicles are not getting enough signal.
    Not sure what is going on with your thyroid.

    With what I see now I would:
    HCG 100IU/day
    100mg/1gram pregnenolone cream, 1gram/day

    Get better advice on adrenals and thyroid.

    Prolactin is high (adrenal tumors???)
    get MRI

    Try Vitex or Dostinex retest in 2 months, see if that helps.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Adrenals and Thyroid is probably your primary problem.

    Good luck.
    I've also heard Maca can help reduce prolactin? I read on another board a guy took horny goat weed with Maca, it worked great for about a month then nothing? What are your thoughts on this? I've hear your body can get use to some supplements and they quit working after a while. Is this true?
  25. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    288
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    51.79%

    i have also read that supplements can stop working after some time, i also read thats its best to cycle most of your supplements,
  26. Senior Member
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Rep Power
    1094
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    6.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    When my ED was bad due to high E2 and low T levels when I could at first I had PE. My Dr. told me it's because you have not had an orgam in a long time and your worried it will not stay up. As time went on it got so I could not reach an orgasm this went on for yrs. Now that I have my E2 down and my ED is much better when I have PE I don't worry about it it's better then not having any orgasm at all.

    For me all it was was keeping my TT and FT up into the upper 1/3 of my labs range for a young man and my E2 down between 10 to 30 best at 20 pg/ml.

    I went through this for a good 10 yrs. and all it was was low T and high E2.

    Now today I get it up just thinking about it.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Premature Ejaculation FYI
    By Flaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 01:17 AM
  2. Can 6-oxo cause gyno or testicular atrophy?
    By valheruking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 05:32 PM
  3. Can testosterone boosters cause hair loss?
    By Mariner07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-05-2006, 12:29 AM
  4. Can heavy lifting cause a bruise
    By Whaler in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 05:48 PM
  5. Can Trimax Use Cause Permanent Thyroid Damage?
    By Saladin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-15-2005, 01:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in