Low SHBG!

ViolatedBird

Awards
Hey guys, I'm new here and looking forward to some answers to some long burning questions I have.

What would you guys do for a guy that is suffering from low SHBG? When I say low, I mean one or two points away from the lowest end of the range (a 12 in the range of 10-60.)

My TT is low and in the 300ng/dl range. My FT is high, because of the SHBG, and is at the highest end of normal! Yet, I experience all the symptoms of hypogonadism. My local doctors all perscribe just testosterone injections, which keep making FT too high.

High Free Testosterone, Low Total Testosterone, Midrange Estrogen
is the only one situation that the LEF guidelines don't address!

Dr. Crisler, what protocol do you put your guys on that have SHBG issues?

Last edited:

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
nothin eh??? bump....

if theres no answer, likely what i have too..... low total T, normal bio-t....high estrogen.....

THERE HAS TO BE ANSWERS..?

phats

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
nothin eh??? bump....

if theres no answer, likely what i have too..... low total T, normal bio-t....high estrogen.....

THERE HAS TO BE ANSWERS..?

phats

excessve cortisol/ inuslin lower shbg to see whats going on with insulin glucose tolerance test 3 hours to verify

ViolatedBird

Awards
hardasnails,

I already excercise at least three times per week, and my diet consists of only healthy fats, meals, vegetables and a few rare low GI fruits. I am well aware of how to naturally lower insulin levels.

That's how a NORMAL person lowers insulin levels. Those of us with SHBG issues are do not have bodies that are functioning normally.

Dr. John said in another post that he is using Clomid with patients that have low SHBG issues. I'd like to know a little more about this protocol, specifically.

If It's all insulin related, why are we introducting Clomid?

I'm eagerly awating more silence.

Last edited:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
hardasnails,

I already excercise at least three times per week, and my diet consists of only healthy fats, meals, vegetables and a few rare low GI fruits. I am well aware of how to naturally lower insulin levels.

That's how a NORMAL person lowers insulin levels. Those of us with SHBG issues are do not have bodies that are functioning normally.

Dr. John said in another post that he is using Clomid with patients that have low SHBG issues. I'd like to know a little more about this protocol, specifically.

If It's all insulin related, why are we introducting Clomid?

I'm eagerly awating more silence.
Yes estrogen can push up shbg by mimicing estrogen and clomid does just that. decreasing cortisol if adrenal imbalances occuring could also be a factor

ViolatedBird

Awards
It seems to be either unknown, or a "trade secret."

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Whoa!! That's quite the news, Dr. John. No more clomid? Can you expound?

I have stopped using Clomid in my practice.
Although I am still a bit of a newbie around here, I thought that clomid was used to help restart the HPTA. Coulda sworn that I'd seen pists by you on the topic.

Is it possible for you to exound on this? If you are not using clomid then what do you use, if anything? What else can you share?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Estrogen increases SHBG level.
People with low SHBG levels should probably strive to keep their estrogens (all not only E2) as low as reasonable.

ericren23

Awards
Hey guys, I'm new here and looking forward to some answers to some long burning questions I have.

What would you guys do for a guy that is suffering from low SHBG? When I say low, I mean one or two points away from the lowest end of the range (a 12 in the range of 10-60.)

My TT is low and in the 300ng/dl range. My FT is high, because of the SHBG, and is at the highest end of normal! Yet, I experience all the symptoms of hypogonadism. My local doctors all perscribe just testosterone injections, which keep making FT too high.

High Free Testosterone, Low Total Testosterone, Midrange Estrogen
is the only one situation that the LEF guidelines don't address!

Dr. Crisler, what protocol do you put your guys on that have SHBG issues?
I pretty much have the same symtoms atm. My SHBG is 7, and FT is pretty high, yet my TT is damn low. I too wanna know how to fix this problem

BigTom

Awards
Selective Replys

Every time I am about to sign on with Dr. John as a patient. He scares me off by not following up on statements or questions.

BillfromNJ

Awards
Every time I am about to sign on with Dr. John as a patient. He scares me off by not following up on statements or questions.
From what I have read and heard if you make an appointment he will answer any and all of your questions in a private consultation not to be shared on the web