High Estrogen. . .

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.41%

High Estrogen. . .

I would like to know if high estrogen levels will keep you from losing weight or will it keep you from just losing lower belly fat?

I know it will make you hold water. Thanks

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.78%

i hope it prevents losing belly flab... ive lost 35lbs but still need to drop buddha.... so when things are in check...belly gone would be awesome

phats
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.65%

Elevated E will tend to increase fat or make it difficult to loose. More E and less T will push the body towards more belly fat and female body fat patterns [syndrome-X for example]. I think that T:E ratio is very important, and probably more so FT:E ratio. As elevated E will increase SHBG. So even with high TT from TRT, elevated E can lead to low FT and increased E. And also note that more E will compete with FT at T receptor sites. For those not on TRT who's HPTA is still up and working, increased lowers LH and T. Lowering E will increase T production and SHBG, thus increasing FT and the FT:E ratio.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by KSman View Post
    Elevated E will tend to increase fat or make it difficult to loose. More E and less T will push the body towards more belly fat and female body fat patterns [syndrome-X for example]. I think that T:E ratio is very important, and probably more so FT:E ratio. As elevated E will increase SHBG. So even with high TT from TRT, elevated E can lead to low FT and increased E. And also note that more E will compete with FT at T receptor sites. For those not on TRT who's HPTA is still up and working, increased lowers LH and T. Lowering E will increase T production and SHBG, thus increasing FT and the FT:E ratio.

When we are talking e are we talking e2 and esterone or just estrodial..I think there needs to be more research on how altered estrogen metabolism can affect the HPTA as well. Also people that have dybiosis of the bowel have deactived estrogen that could be clogging up receptors as well causing inhibition of LH (possible theory). If this instance calcium d glucurate would help.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.65%

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    When we are talking e are we talking e2 and esterone or just estrodial..I think there needs to be more research on how altered estrogen metabolism can affect the HPTA as well. Also people that have dybiosis of the bowel have deactived estrogen that could be clogging up receptors as well causing inhibition of LH (possible theory). If this instance calcium d glucurate would help.
    I have not done the study to understand the estrogen metabolism issues, so I can't comment on that. Probably because I am feeling that my TRT+HCG+AI should be enough. If I can lower E2 to an optimal range, then perhaps I don't need t worry about estrogen metabolites and pathways. Maybe I need someone to tell me different.

E2 seems to be the one estrogen that should be tested for and I gather that there are target levels for E2 which can be used with BW levels to initiate AI doses or refine them. I have not seen anyone suggest AI dosing or changes based on other E [non E2] BW levels.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.09%

I have not done the study to understand the estrogen metabolism issues, so I can't comment on that. Probably because I am feeling that my TRT+HCG+AI should be enough. If I can lower E2 to an optimal range, then perhaps I don't need t worry about estrogen metabolites and pathways. Maybe I need someone to tell me different.

E2 seems to be the one estrogen that should be tested for and I gather that there are target levels for E2 which can be used with BW levels to initiate AI doses or refine them. I have not seen anyone suggest AI dosing or changes based on other E [non E2] BW levels.
    I agree 100%
    i have been doing some thinking and could possible an altered testosterone:estrogen ratio say 300:20 even in range could this cause elevated shbg. if the estrogen detoxification is altered?
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.21%

I am trying to link low or a bad balance of E2, while on an AI, to a "hard to ejaculate" problem...yet with all the other positives of increased T.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.27%

Quote Originally Posted by Cordeen View Post
    I am trying to link low or a bad balance of E2, while on an AI, to a "hard to ejaculate" problem...yet with all the other positives of increased T.
    Any link to help establish why it is difficult to ejaculate would be most beneficial to most of us. Dr John any relationship between difficulity in orgasm and E levels that you are aware of?
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.65%

Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter View Post
    Any link to help establish why it is difficult to ejaculate would be most beneficial to most of us. Dr John any relationship between difficulty in orgasm and E levels that you are aware of?
    I cannot speak to why, but I do know that TRT+HCG was not good enough for me. My TT was around 1000 at the time and FT 36. Those are very good numbers, perhaps excessive, but still I did not feel right in many ways.

When 1mg/wk of arimidex/anastrozole was added to the mix, my libido and performance went from "what" to "WOW!". Sensitivity, sensation, harness and duration were all greatly improved. My E lowered from 37 [not really high] to 22. There was a change of FT:E. And my mood and other things, like mental clarity, also improved a lot. Of course everyone is different, but one cannot tell in advance on how one will respond to such interventions. Only one person will know when it works right.... you, and your blood work does not indicate that you should have certain problems or that AI will be a magic bullet. But many are starting to think that that is the way of things.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.94%

I just got my labs back and my E2 is 54. I'm wondering if I shouldn't start on an AI and see if my T level comes up as my E2 goes down. My goal is to try everything before going on T cream. I just started armour at .5 grains today.

I cannot speak to why, but I do know that TRT+HCG was not good enough for me. My TT was around 1000 at the time and FT 36. Those are very good numbers, perhaps excessive, but still I did not feel right in many ways.

When 1mg/wk of arimidex/anastrozole was added to the mix, my libido and performance went from "what" to "WOW!". Sensitivity, sensation, harness and duration were all greatly improved. My E lowered from 37 [not really high] to 22. There was a change of FT:E. And my mood and other things, like mental clarity, also improved a lot. Of course everyone is different, but one cannot tell in advance on how one will respond to such interventions. Only one person will know when it works right.... you, and your blood work does not indicate that you should have certain problems or that AI will be a magic bullet. But many are starting to think that that is the way of things.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.09%

Quote Originally Posted by aculpep View Post
    I just got my labs back and my E2 is 54. I'm wondering if I shouldn't start on an AI and see if my T level comes up as my E2 goes down. My goal is to try everything before going on T cream. I just started armour at .5 grains today.
    Try DIM 150 - 300 mgs bioavailable
    500 -1000 mgs calcium d glucurate
    100 mgs reservatrol
    80 mgs zinc with 2 mgd copper
    1000 mgs vitamin c 3 times a day
    1 tsp fish oils 2 times a day

cut alcohol if you are drinking
    estrogen will bog down thyroid too and thyroid needs to metabolism estrogen

retest in 4 weeks
    might want to try the AIFM as well..

Similar Forum Threads

1. Good and bad effects of high Estrogen in a man