My LAB results

engival

Awards
  • Established
symptoms: fatigue, severe ED/PE and many other sexual related problems, anxiety, slightly depression, can gain muscle fairly easily, but always have a bloated stomach that i cant seem to get rid of
cause: probably due to a life time of poor eating habits and abusing OTC supplements along with drugs/alcohol during high school years.
results:

I just started 25mcg of Synthyroid 4 days ago.

total T : 400 (241-827)
Serum T : 361 (241-827)
Prolactin: 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
Estradiol: 13 (0 - 53)
LH: 2.0 (1.5 - 9.3)
FSH: 4.2 (1.4 - 18.1)
Dhea Salvia - 7.2 (2 - 23)
morning cortisol - 9.2 (3.7 - 9.5)
TSH - 7.2 (.4 - 5.5)
thyroid antibodies - positive > hashmotos
FT4 - 1.2 (.8 - 1.8)

i will be finding out day/night cortisol along with FT3 and i should be getting results back tommorow for Total, FRee T

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Im curious to see what that FT3 number will be.

Me thinks its bad.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
symptoms: fatigue, severe ED/PE and many other sexual related problems, anxiety, slightly depression, can gain muscle fairly easily, but always have a bloated stomach that i cant seem to get rid of
cause: probably due to a life time of poor eating habits and abusing OTC supplements along with drugs/alcohol during high school years.
results:

I just started 25mcg of Synthyroid 4 days ago.

total T : 400 (241-827)
Serum T : 361 (241-827)
Prolactin: 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
Estradiol: 13 (0 - 53)
LH: 2.0 (1.5 - 9.3)
FSH: 4.2 (1.4 - 18.1)
Dhea Salvia - 7.2 (2 - 23)
morning cortisol - 9.2 (3.7 - 9.5)
TSH - 7.2 (.4 - 5.5)
thyroid antibodies - positive > hashmotos
FT4 - 1.2 (.8 - 1.8)

i will be finding out day/night cortisol along with FT3 and i should be getting results back tommorow for Total, FRee T
Others will give you directions on your thyroid issues.
Looks like first thing to get control of.
Of hand,
this is probably the last TSH test that you want to spend mony on
Usually Armour thyroid is a way to go not Syntroid.

TOP THYROID DOCS LISTING FOR U.S. STATES
Thyroid Disease Top Doctors Directory -- Best Practitioners for Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism & More

You may keep my little table as a reference on FreeT3 levels.
Usually you aim for top 1/3 (3.8)

3.825 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
3.667 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
3.350 <--FT3 start of upper 50%
68.42 <--my current 2.9 puts me %% from the top =100-(2.9-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100
21.05 <-- 3.8 would put me %% from the top =100-(3.8-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100

engival

Awards
  • Established
is my hypothyroidism causing most of my "problems"
my T looks so low for someone of my age.
it seems i'lll know how my adrenals are when i get my cortisol results back, but my DHEA seemed a bit low?

i had to spend money on my test b/c my doctor "LH, FSH is for women, Free T3 is out of date, ARmour is dangerous and outdated, your testosterone looks fine"

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
is my hypothyroidism causing most of my "problems"
my T looks so low for someone of my age.
it seems i'lll know how my adrenals are when i get my cortisol results back, but my DHEA seemed a bit low?

i had to spend money on my test b/c my doctor "LH, FSH is for women, Free T3 is out of date, ARmour is dangerous and outdated, your testosterone looks fine"
Adrenals and thyroid first, my young man. Learn, educate, treat and fix.

Then we shall move on to your nutts. :rofl:

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Adrenals and thyroid first, my young man. Learn, educate, treat and fix.

Then we shall move on to your nutts. :rofl:
Listen to Plumouth, he knows this stuff.

Check on my (long) list for blood testing, you cannot go wrong with it. I post it quite often if you cant find it I may post it again.

engival

Awards
  • Established
free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%, thats a high percent...
interesting how my Total is low but free seems to be ok?

i may set up an appt. with dr. shippen, his office is only 5 miles from me. but i dont know if i need anything like that yet?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%, thats a high percent...
interesting how my Total is low but free seems to be ok?

i may set up an appt. with dr. shippen, his office is only 5 miles from me. but i dont know if i need anything like that yet?
Oh you lucky little Devil you, many people here would give an arm and a leg to live close by one of the top minds.

You are in good hands with Dr Shippen. Go make an appointment as soon as your done reading this.

engival

Awards
  • Established
well, im trying but dr. shippen doesnt deal with insurance, it could be extremely expensive, plus my low T could be solved with some cortisol and armour?
is dr. shippen good with thyroid and adrenal problems as well, is so then i would consider making an appt. ?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
well, im trying but dr. shippen doesnt deal with insurance, it could be extremely expensive, plus my low T could be solved with some cortisol and armour?
is dr. shippen good with thyroid and adrenal problems as well, is so then i would consider making an appt. ?
money should not be an option when it comes to your health. If you not helathy you can not work you can not make a living. So bite the bullet and go see him. Money can be replaced your health can not ..

engival

Awards
  • Established
your right, you cant put a price on feeling like a MAN
im making an appt. right away!

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
pardon my ignorance/stupidity.... doesnt deal with insurance??

what the frig is that, clearly different than in canada...it seems he(or anyone) may get more patients if they "deal" with insurance??

why woudnt they?

phats

engival

Awards
  • Established
i guess you just have to send the bill into your insurance, then hoping they'll cover it

anyone here see dr. shippen before and can varify????

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
i guess you just have to send the bill into your insurance, then hoping they'll cover it

anyone here see dr. shippen before and can varify????

Because he goes when treating for HRT they tend to bend the rules of the AMA and therefore insurance would not want to get involved. Most Drs willing to help are once that you have to pay for. I know it sucks ..

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It isn't incrediably expensive. Just initially. The initial few doctor visits are expensive, but from what i hear after everything is straightened out appointments/bloodwork are only a few per year.

Actual costs of drugs are still covered with insurance, even if DR involved doesnt accept insurance, he writes scripts, you can get drugs anywhere at pharmacy.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
pardon my ignorance/stupidity.... doesnt deal with insurance??

what the frig is that, clearly different than in canada...it seems he(or anyone) may get more patients if they "deal" with insurance??

why woudnt they?

phats

In the US, dealing with third party payors requires so much administrative overhead that it is becoming more and more common for doctors to refuse to accept insurance, especially in practice areas like reproductive medicine, anti-aging, cosmetic surgery.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
It isn't incrediably expensive. Just initially. The initial few doctor visits are expensive, but from what i hear after everything is straightened out appointments/bloodwork are only a few per year.

Actual costs of drugs are still covered with insurance, even if DR involved doesnt accept insurance, he writes scripts, you can get drugs anywhere at pharmacy.

A lot of it is covered by insurance. It's just that you have to pay the doc up front and submit your own claim to your insurance. A lot of health plans cover the labs, which are the biggest bite. If you have to pay out of pocket, the labs for the initial evaluation can cost thousands.

Dr. John, when he knows that somebody is paying out-of pocket for labs does everything he can to keep the lab expenses down.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
why is my free T % so high, or doesnt this matter?
Your TotalT=400(241-827)ng/dL
free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%

Something is not right.

15.45pg/mL=1.545ng/dL

(1.545/400)*100=0.38625%

Your FreeT=0.38% most likely (low),
Get the SHBG, albumin and the whole testosterone part of test re-tested. Get BioAvailableT from Quest.

engival

Awards
  • Established
well i got an appointment with Dr. Shippen. im looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about : )

fit4life05

Awards
A lot of it is covered by insurance. It's just that you have to pay the doc up front and submit your own claim to your insurance. A lot of health plans cover the labs, which are the biggest bite. If you have to pay out of pocket, the labs for the initial evaluation can cost thousands.

Dr. John, when he knows that somebody is paying out-of pocket for labs does everything he can to keep the lab expenses down.
If your paying out of pocket Dr John does a urinary hormone panel that costs $225

engival

Awards
  • Established
yes i will be paying out of my pocket intially, but im hoping my insurance will cover a large percent of the bill i will send to them. i believe the first office visit is 525$

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
If your paying out of pocket Dr John does a urinary hormone panel that costs $225

Which works for steroid hormones. You can also get a thyroid panel from the urine but there is an additional charge over the $225. He still needs blood work for chemistry, CBC, peptide hormones, etc. Even with the 24 hour urine, you are still looking at several hundred in bloodwork.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
You should have it by now, post it.

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
engival,

Good luck with Dr. Shippen. When is your appt? Let us know if you got your insurance to cover it or not. I would be curios. The more I read the more I think I may need to go see DR. John or Shippin. I will see what KU Med says first.

engival

Awards
  • Established
1 more week for my cortisol and FT3 results.
zrt is slow

engival

Awards
  • Established
im currently taking like vitmin C, E, Zinc, Mag, MSM, adrenal extracts
im on 1/2 grain armour

Salvia/Blood SPOT ZRT RESULTS

TSH: 3.9 uU/ml (.5 – 3.0)
TPO: 1826 lU/ml (0-150)
FT4: 3.6 ng/dL (0.7 – 2.5)
FT3: 3.6 pg/ml (2.5 – 6.5)

Cortisol Morning 8.6 ng/ml ( 3.7 – 9.5)
Cortisol Noon 1.0 ng/ml (1.2 – 3.0)
Cortisol Evening 1.9 ng/ml ( 0.6 – 1.9)
Cortisol Night 0.6 ng/ml (0.4 – 1.0)

DHEA 13.7 ng/ml (2 – 23)
Progesterone 64 ng/ml (12-100)

what you think i need todo?
how do these results effect my blood work from above?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
im currently taking like vitmin C, E, Zinc, Mag, MSM, adrenal extracts
im on 1/2 grain armour

Salvia/Blood SPOT ZRT RESULTS

TSH: 3.9 uU/ml (.5 – 3.0)
TPO: 1826 lU/ml (0-150)
FT4: 3.6 ng/dL (0.7 – 2.5)

Cortisol Morning 8.6 ng/ml ( 3.7 – 9.5)
Cortisol Noon 1.0 ng/ml (1.2 – 3.0)
Cortisol Evening 1.9 ng/ml ( 0.6 – 1.9)
Cortisol Night 0.6 ng/ml (0.4 – 1.0)

DHEA 13.7 ng/ml (2 – 23)
Progesterone 64 ng/ml (12-100)

what you think i need todo?
how do these results effect my blood work from above?
Beats me, this is saliva not a blood test.
Different rules probably apply.
Just mathematics for FreeT3:

=(3.6-2.5)/(6.5-2.5)*100=27.5

You are at the bottom 27.5% long way up.
You are not even in top half.
You want to be at 5.5pg/ml and then look around for other things, like what is the FreeT4 level (currently high).
Again, I am not sure how the saliva works.
The numbers are just mathematics.

=(6.5-2.5)-(6.5-2.5)/4
5.5 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
5.2 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
4.5 <--FT3 start of upper 50%

engival

Awards
  • Established
should i be taking armour?

what causing my beat testosterone levels?
how do i increase my T levels, not have ED?

engival

Awards
  • Established
well i just found out my insurance wont cover much of anything with Dr. Shippen i had to cancle my appt. this is dissapointing,

i just hope my thyroid is causing my low testosterone levels?

also i thought salvia Cortisol and DHEA is a must?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
should i be taking armour?
I cannot recomend that to you.
Like I said previously, you did urine test.
I do not know if that works the same as in blood test.
If your numbers were from blood test then I would say that you are missing lor of T3.
If nobody else give you better answer you may try thyroid board.
Stop The Thyroid Madness » Recommended Labwork

There is many places that sell urine or saliva tests.
Before you do them make sure that they are
reliable
come with interpretation

When you are using Armour
ramp up slowly
watch your blood pressure and body temperature
at first you may consider Cortef to support your adrenals.
Read the thyroid board.

engival

Awards
  • Established
my Thyroid test were blood spot and cortisol / dhea were salvia

all i want todo is cure my case of ED!!! its driving me crraaazzyy.. hehee

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
well i just found out my insurance wont cover much of anything with Dr. Shippen i had to cancle my appt. this is dissapointing,

i just hope my thyroid is causing my low testosterone levels?

also i thought salvia Cortisol and DHEA is a must?
I feel your pain. I actually feel worse now than I did six months ago. The only change is I am actually getting night time erections again, though they are gone pretty quick. Still have loss of libido:dump: , ED, anxiety, depression, wieght gain, ect. I still need to call my insurance to see if they would at least cover lab work and scrips. I also am trying to do as much as I can through insurance. With three little kids and wife in between jobs I really can't be taking a trip to MI yet. Maybe later towards the end of summer if Endo visit on the 8th does not go well. Good luck.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I feel your pain. I actually feel worse now than I did six months ago. The only change is I am actually getting night time erections again, though they are gone pretty quick. Still have loss of libido:dump: , ED, anxiety, depression, wieght gain, ect. I still need to call my insurance to see if they would at least cover lab work and scrips. I also am trying to do as much as I can through insurance. With three little kids and wife in between jobs I really can't be taking a trip to MI yet. Maybe later towards the end of summer if Endo visit on the 8th does not go well. Good luck.
SufferingEd
Could you summarize in one (long and organized) post what you know about yourself, tests done, actions you took until now and their results.
It may be
separate post here or
start of new thread or
link to existing post with this information either on this or
the other board

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
SufferingEd
Could you summarize in one (long and organized) post what you know about yourself, tests done, actions you took until now and their results.
It may be
separate post here or
start of new thread or
link to existing post with this information either on this or
the other board
JanSz,

If this link does not work, then go to Suffering Eds log. I have updated my labs, feelings, ect. Not much in way of labs but I did not know as much as I do know, otherwise I would have asked for more tests.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/64282-sufferingeds-log.html