My LAB results

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    My LAB results


    age: 23
    symptoms: fatigue, severe ED/PE and many other sexual related problems, anxiety, slightly depression, can gain muscle fairly easily, but always have a bloated stomach that i cant seem to get rid of
    cause: probably due to a life time of poor eating habits and abusing OTC supplements along with drugs/alcohol during high school years.
    results:

    I just started 25mcg of Synthyroid 4 days ago.

    total T : 400 (241-827)
    Serum T : 361 (241-827)
    Prolactin: 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
    Estradiol: 13 (0 - 53)
    LH: 2.0 (1.5 - 9.3)
    FSH: 4.2 (1.4 - 18.1)
    Dhea Salvia - 7.2 (2 - 23)
    morning cortisol - 9.2 (3.7 - 9.5)
    TSH - 7.2 (.4 - 5.5)
    thyroid antibodies - positive > hashmotos
    FT4 - 1.2 (.8 - 1.8)

    i will be finding out day/night cortisol along with FT3 and i should be getting results back tommorow for Total, FRee T

  2. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Im curious to see what that FT3 number will be.

    Me thinks its bad.
  3. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    age: 23
    symptoms: fatigue, severe ED/PE and many other sexual related problems, anxiety, slightly depression, can gain muscle fairly easily, but always have a bloated stomach that i cant seem to get rid of
    cause: probably due to a life time of poor eating habits and abusing OTC supplements along with drugs/alcohol during high school years.
    results:

    I just started 25mcg of Synthyroid 4 days ago.

    total T : 400 (241-827)
    Serum T : 361 (241-827)
    Prolactin: 10.3 (2.1 - 17.1)
    Estradiol: 13 (0 - 53)
    LH: 2.0 (1.5 - 9.3)
    FSH: 4.2 (1.4 - 18.1)
    Dhea Salvia - 7.2 (2 - 23)
    morning cortisol - 9.2 (3.7 - 9.5)
    TSH - 7.2 (.4 - 5.5)
    thyroid antibodies - positive > hashmotos
    FT4 - 1.2 (.8 - 1.8)

    i will be finding out day/night cortisol along with FT3 and i should be getting results back tommorow for Total, FRee T
    Others will give you directions on your thyroid issues.
    Looks like first thing to get control of.
    Of hand,
    this is probably the last TSH test that you want to spend mony on
    Usually Armour thyroid is a way to go not Syntroid.

    TOP THYROID DOCS LISTING FOR U.S. STATES
    Thyroid Disease Top Doctors Directory -- Best Practitioners for Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism & More

    You may keep my little table as a reference on FreeT3 levels.
    Usually you aim for top 1/3 (3.8)

    3.825 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
    3.667 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
    3.350 <--FT3 start of upper 50%
    68.42 <--my current 2.9 puts me %% from the top =100-(2.9-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100
    21.05 <-- 3.8 would put me %% from the top =100-(3.8-2.3)/(4.2-2.3)*100
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    is my hypothyroidism causing most of my "problems"
    my T looks so low for someone of my age.
    it seems i'lll know how my adrenals are when i get my cortisol results back, but my DHEA seemed a bit low?

    i had to spend money on my test b/c my doctor "LH, FSH is for women, Free T3 is out of date, ARmour is dangerous and outdated, your testosterone looks fine"
  5. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    is my hypothyroidism causing most of my "problems"
    my T looks so low for someone of my age.
    it seems i'lll know how my adrenals are when i get my cortisol results back, but my DHEA seemed a bit low?

    i had to spend money on my test b/c my doctor "LH, FSH is for women, Free T3 is out of date, ARmour is dangerous and outdated, your testosterone looks fine"
    Adrenals and thyroid first, my young man. Learn, educate, treat and fix.

    Then we shall move on to your nutts.
  6. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Adrenals and thyroid first, my young man. Learn, educate, treat and fix.

    Then we shall move on to your nutts.
    Listen to Plumouth, he knows this stuff.

    Check on my (long) list for blood testing, you cannot go wrong with it. I post it quite often if you cant find it I may post it again.
  7. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%, thats a high percent...
    interesting how my Total is low but free seems to be ok?

    i may set up an appt. with dr. shippen, his office is only 5 miles from me. but i dont know if i need anything like that yet?
  8. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%, thats a high percent...
    interesting how my Total is low but free seems to be ok?

    i may set up an appt. with dr. shippen, his office is only 5 miles from me. but i dont know if i need anything like that yet?
    Oh you lucky little Devil you, many people here would give an arm and a leg to live close by one of the top minds.

    You are in good hands with Dr Shippen. Go make an appointment as soon as your done reading this.
  9. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    well, im trying but dr. shippen doesnt deal with insurance, it could be extremely expensive, plus my low T could be solved with some cortisol and armour?
    is dr. shippen good with thyroid and adrenal problems as well, is so then i would consider making an appt. ?
  10. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    well, im trying but dr. shippen doesnt deal with insurance, it could be extremely expensive, plus my low T could be solved with some cortisol and armour?
    is dr. shippen good with thyroid and adrenal problems as well, is so then i would consider making an appt. ?
    money should not be an option when it comes to your health. If you not helathy you can not work you can not make a living. So bite the bullet and go see him. Money can be replaced your health can not ..
  11. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    your right, you cant put a price on feeling like a MAN
    im making an appt. right away!
  12. New Member
    phatkid77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    317
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    77.62%

    pardon my ignorance/stupidity.... doesnt deal with insurance??

    what the frig is that, clearly different than in canada...it seems he(or anyone) may get more patients if they "deal" with insurance??

    why woudnt they?

    phats
  13. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    i guess you just have to send the bill into your insurance, then hoping they'll cover it

    anyone here see dr. shippen before and can varify????
  14. Registered User
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Rep Power
    1162
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    84.04%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    i guess you just have to send the bill into your insurance, then hoping they'll cover it

    anyone here see dr. shippen before and can varify????

    Because he goes when treating for HRT they tend to bend the rules of the AMA and therefore insurance would not want to get involved. Most Drs willing to help are once that you have to pay for. I know it sucks ..
  15. plymouth city's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,299
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    It isn't incrediably expensive. Just initially. The initial few doctor visits are expensive, but from what i hear after everything is straightened out appointments/bloodwork are only a few per year.

    Actual costs of drugs are still covered with insurance, even if DR involved doesnt accept insurance, he writes scripts, you can get drugs anywhere at pharmacy.
  16. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    20.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77 View Post
    pardon my ignorance/stupidity.... doesnt deal with insurance??

    what the frig is that, clearly different than in canada...it seems he(or anyone) may get more patients if they "deal" with insurance??

    why woudnt they?

    phats

    In the US, dealing with third party payors requires so much administrative overhead that it is becoming more and more common for doctors to refuse to accept insurance, especially in practice areas like reproductive medicine, anti-aging, cosmetic surgery.
  17. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    20.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    It isn't incrediably expensive. Just initially. The initial few doctor visits are expensive, but from what i hear after everything is straightened out appointments/bloodwork are only a few per year.

    Actual costs of drugs are still covered with insurance, even if DR involved doesnt accept insurance, he writes scripts, you can get drugs anywhere at pharmacy.

    A lot of it is covered by insurance. It's just that you have to pay the doc up front and submit your own claim to your insurance. A lot of health plans cover the labs, which are the biggest bite. If you have to pay out of pocket, the labs for the initial evaluation can cost thousands.

    Dr. John, when he knows that somebody is paying out-of pocket for labs does everything he can to keep the lab expenses down.
  18. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    why is my free T % so high, or doesnt this matter?
  19. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    why is my free T % so high, or doesnt this matter?
    Your TotalT=400(241-827)ng/dL
    free T was 15.45pg/ml / 4.28%

    Something is not right.

    15.45pg/mL=1.545ng/dL

    (1.545/400)*100=0.38625%

    Your FreeT=0.38% most likely (low),
    Get the SHBG, albumin and the whole testosterone part of test re-tested. Get BioAvailableT from Quest.
  20. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    well i got an appointment with Dr. Shippen. im looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about : )
  21. New Member
    fit4life05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    169
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    76.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    A lot of it is covered by insurance. It's just that you have to pay the doc up front and submit your own claim to your insurance. A lot of health plans cover the labs, which are the biggest bite. If you have to pay out of pocket, the labs for the initial evaluation can cost thousands.

    Dr. John, when he knows that somebody is paying out-of pocket for labs does everything he can to keep the lab expenses down.
    If your paying out of pocket Dr John does a urinary hormone panel that costs $225
  22. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    yes i will be paying out of my pocket intially, but im hoping my insurance will cover a large percent of the bill i will send to them. i believe the first office visit is 525$
  23. New Member
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    20.31%

    Quote Originally Posted by fit4life05 View Post
    If your paying out of pocket Dr John does a urinary hormone panel that costs $225


    Which works for steroid hormones. You can also get a thyroid panel from the urine but there is an additional charge over the $225. He still needs blood work for chemistry, CBC, peptide hormones, etc. Even with the 24 hour urine, you are still looking at several hundred in bloodwork.
  24. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    excellent!
  25. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
    i will be finding out day/night cortisol along with FT3 and i should be getting results back tommorow for Total, FRee T
    You should have it by now, post it.
  26. New Member
    SufferingEd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    93.79%

    engival,

    Good luck with Dr. Shippen. When is your appt? Let us know if you got your insurance to cover it or not. I would be curios. The more I read the more I think I may need to go see DR. John or Shippin. I will see what KU Med says first.
  27. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    1 more week for my cortisol and FT3 results.
    zrt is slow
  28. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    im currently taking like vitmin C, E, Zinc, Mag, MSM, adrenal extracts
    im on 1/2 grain armour

    Salvia/Blood SPOT ZRT RESULTS

    TSH: 3.9 uU/ml (.5 – 3.0)
    TPO: 1826 lU/ml (0-150)
    FT4: 3.6 ng/dL (0.7 – 2.5)
    FT3: 3.6 pg/ml (2.5 – 6.5)

    Cortisol Morning 8.6 ng/ml ( 3.7 – 9.5)
    Cortisol Noon 1.0 ng/ml (1.2 – 3.0)
    Cortisol Evening 1.9 ng/ml ( 0.6 – 1.9)
    Cortisol Night 0.6 ng/ml (0.4 – 1.0)

    DHEA 13.7 ng/ml (2 – 23)
    Progesterone 64 ng/ml (12-100)


    what you think i need todo?
    how do these results effect my blood work from above?
  29. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    im currently taking like vitmin C, E, Zinc, Mag, MSM, adrenal extracts
    im on 1/2 grain armour

    Salvia/Blood SPOT ZRT RESULTS

    TSH: 3.9 uU/ml (.5 3.0)
    TPO: 1826 lU/ml (0-150)
    FT4: 3.6 ng/dL (0.7 2.5)
    FT3: 3.6 pg/ml (2.5 6.5)

    Cortisol Morning 8.6 ng/ml ( 3.7 9.5)
    Cortisol Noon 1.0 ng/ml (1.2 3.0)
    Cortisol Evening 1.9 ng/ml ( 0.6 1.9)
    Cortisol Night 0.6 ng/ml (0.4 1.0)

    DHEA 13.7 ng/ml (2 23)
    Progesterone 64 ng/ml (12-100)


    what you think i need todo?
    how do these results effect my blood work from above?
    Beats me, this is saliva not a blood test.
    Different rules probably apply.
    Just mathematics for FreeT3:
    FT3: 3.6 pg/ml (2.5 6.5)

    =(3.6-2.5)/(6.5-2.5)*100=27.5

    You are at the bottom 27.5% long way up.
    You are not even in top half.
    You want to be at 5.5pg/ml and then look around for other things, like what is the FreeT4 level (currently high).
    Again, I am not sure how the saliva works.
    The numbers are just mathematics.


    =(6.5-2.5)-(6.5-2.5)/4
    5.5 <--FT3 start of upper 25%
    5.2 <--FT3 start of upper 33%
    4.5 <--FT3 start of upper 50%
  30. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    should i be taking armour?

    what causing my beat testosterone levels?
    how do i increase my T levels, not have ED?
  31. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    where can i get tested if doc refuses?
  32. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    where can i get tested if doc refuses?
    Many blood test scripts are sold by LEF, the test itself have to be done at LabCorp.

    Life Extension Blood Testing Center

    Blood Testing Protocols: Online References For Health Concerns

    http://www.lef.org/bloodtest/blood_chart.pdf
  33. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    should i be taking armour?
  34. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    should i be taking armour?
    I cannot recomend that to you.
    Like I said previously, you did urine test.
    I do not know if that works the same as in blood test.
    If your numbers were from blood test then I would say that you are missing lor of T3.
    If nobody else give you better answer you may try thyroid board.
    Stop The Thyroid Madness Recommended Labwork
  35. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    well i just found out my insurance wont cover much of anything with Dr. Shippen i had to cancle my appt. this is dissapointing,

    i just hope my thyroid is causing my low testosterone levels?

    also i thought salvia Cortisol and DHEA is a must?
  36. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    should i be taking armour?
    I cannot recomend that to you.
    Like I said previously, you did urine test.
    I do not know if that works the same as in blood test.
    If your numbers were from blood test then I would say that you are missing lor of T3.
    If nobody else give you better answer you may try thyroid board.
    Stop The Thyroid Madness Recommended Labwork

    There is many places that sell urine or saliva tests.
    Before you do them make sure that they are
    reliable
    come with interpretation

    When you are using Armour
    ramp up slowly
    watch your blood pressure and body temperature
    at first you may consider Cortef to support your adrenals.
    Read the thyroid board.
  37. New Member
    engival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    389
    Rep Power
    287
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    50.99%

    my Thyroid test were blood spot and cortisol / dhea were salvia

    all i want todo is cure my case of ED!!! its driving me crraaazzyy.. hehee
  38. New Member
    SufferingEd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    93.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by engival View Post
    well i just found out my insurance wont cover much of anything with Dr. Shippen i had to cancle my appt. this is dissapointing,

    i just hope my thyroid is causing my low testosterone levels?

    also i thought salvia Cortisol and DHEA is a must?
    I feel your pain. I actually feel worse now than I did six months ago. The only change is I am actually getting night time erections again, though they are gone pretty quick. Still have loss of libido , ED, anxiety, depression, wieght gain, ect. I still need to call my insurance to see if they would at least cover lab work and scrips. I also am trying to do as much as I can through insurance. With three little kids and wife in between jobs I really can't be taking a trip to MI yet. Maybe later towards the end of summer if Endo visit on the 8th does not go well. Good luck.
  39. Professional Member
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Rep Power
    2417
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by SufferingEd View Post
    I feel your pain. I actually feel worse now than I did six months ago. The only change is I am actually getting night time erections again, though they are gone pretty quick. Still have loss of libido , ED, anxiety, depression, wieght gain, ect. I still need to call my insurance to see if they would at least cover lab work and scrips. I also am trying to do as much as I can through insurance. With three little kids and wife in between jobs I really can't be taking a trip to MI yet. Maybe later towards the end of summer if Endo visit on the 8th does not go well. Good luck.
    SufferingEd
    Could you summarize in one (long and organized) post what you know about yourself, tests done, actions you took until now and their results.
    It may be
    separate post here or
    start of new thread or
    link to existing post with this information either on this or
    the other board
  40. New Member
    SufferingEd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    359
    Rep Power
    291
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    93.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    SufferingEd
    Could you summarize in one (long and organized) post what you know about yourself, tests done, actions you took until now and their results.
    It may be
    separate post here or
    start of new thread or
    link to existing post with this information either on this or
    the other board
    JanSz,

    If this link does not work, then go to Suffering Eds log. I have updated my labs, feelings, ect. Not much in way of labs but I did not know as much as I do know, otherwise I would have asked for more tests.

    SufferingEd's Log
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. My lab results
    By Jameson653 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 08:17 PM
  2. My HRT lab results
    By namtrag in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-20-2008, 10:11 PM
  3. Prescription androgel - did my doc screw me up? - lab results inside
    By solguy in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 11:45 AM
  4. My lab results, please tell me ?
    By pete073 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2007, 01:38 AM
  5. My Lab Results
    By DR X in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 07:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in