Still puzzled: Is it possible to undergo TRT without shutting down the HPTA?

anyman

Awards
  • Established
Despite much research and time spent I remain somewhat puzzled. Seeing as how I have secondary hypogonadism, I've pretty much resigned myself to eventually needing TRT of one kind or another.

Here's the problem: What I've read tells me that TRT pretty much always shuts down the body's own system for good, even with hcg supplements which keep the testicles at least working.

Is there ANY way to keep one's own circuits working, so to speak? I don't mind the TRT routine so much-it's the permanent shutdown I am having tremendous difficulty accepting. Then again, I also don't like waking up every morning with inexplicable irritation and pissed off at the whole whole world as I am now.......

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
You don't shut down so to speck doing HCG and TRT will put Testosterone into your blood your brain will see this and stop sending the Lh message to your Testis to make T. To get past this add some HCG to the mix. And your testis will keep working and any other Lh cells in your brain and body.

This link is full of info.
Male Hormone Modulation Therapy.. HGH replacement, Testosterone Replacement
Being seconday you need to test all the hormone messagers that come from your Pituitary to be sure your getting everything treated.
Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression -- Coviello et al. 90 (5): 2595 -- Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism