Should I consider DIM and zince BEFORE starting any program?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%

Should I consider DIM and zince BEFORE starting any program?

Not sure what to do- For various reasons it is not likely I'll get to see either Dr John or Dr, Shippen for a few months. In the interim, my T level is in the toilet )about 200). The last I knew my Estradiol was around 32. Put simply, this stinks.

After reading here I see that many like DIM and zinc supplements to help manage this situation. So, here is my question: Am I better off starting DIM and zinc now or doing nothing?

Can't stand not being in the driver's seat. Too any questions and too little I can do alone........

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    Not sure what to do- For various reasons it is not likely I'll get to see either Dr John or Dr, Shippen for a few months. In the interim, my T level is in the toilet )about 200). The last I knew my Estradiol was around 32. Put simply, this stinks.

After reading here I see that many like DIM and zinc supplements to help manage this situation. So, here is my question: Am I better off starting DIM and zinc now or doing nothing?

Can't stand not being in the driver's seat. Too any questions and too little I can do alone........
    If you want to do something then get the blood test that I am usually posting here.
    Post results here and ranges.

Then if you really really want to be sure about DIM get urine test at Rheins Labs plus ask the lab for interpretations, specially the good/bad estrones.

After you done with above it will be easier to figure out what is wrong.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.81%

I am awaiting some blood work and expect some results shortly.

Don't know if I can get that many tests, however. That's quite a list!! It's bad enough dealing with this BS Add dealing with the damned insurance companies and it's even harder.
    I've been lucky to get the usual ones done, like T, E2, FSH/LH, SHBG, etc. I'll see if I can convince them to domore tests.

As always, much thanks for your help and time.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

Would 32 pg/mL be regarded as too high for E2? Enough to cause significant problems? Mine is about the same.

DIM certainly wouldnt hurt as long you dont drive your E2 too low as some claim it can do.

Does DIM actually lower E2 or is this more to do with good/bad estrogen ratio and if so, how does that help?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.8%

jaydee-from what I've read your E2 is a little high. It should be between 10 and 30, but I've heard 20 to 25 is best. JanSz has a link to a Life Extension site which has all the ratios for blood work. Check it out.

Anyman--Don't you just hate insurance sometimes. This is why it is taking me so long to get anything done. If you are going to go see Dr. John or Dr. Shippen you may call them first. They may not want you to take anything until they get lab work done so they can figure out what is going on. I guess I can not complain too much about Insurance, I only had to pay a 1,000 dollars for a 100,000 dollar bill when son was born prematurely. Take the good with the bad. My bigger problem will be convinceing wife about a trip to Dr. John if my appt with Endo does not go well. Good luck to you.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.09%

i just spoke to dr. Shippen, he's only taking in a few new patients.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    Would 32 pg/mL be regarded as too high for E2? Enough to cause significant problems? Mine is about the same.

DIM certainly wouldnt hurt as long you dont drive your E2 too low as some claim it can do.

Does DIM actually lower E2 or is this more to do with good/bad estrogen ratio and if so, how does that help?
    It all depends upon TT level. Its all about ratio and balance. The higher your TT, the higher E2 can be.

32 would be fine for some with a TT 600 and above.

Someone with a lower TT, thats in the 3 to 4 hundred range, a E2 level would suggest possible estrogen dominance.

DIM works to correct estrogen balance, I haven't seen any data that it actually lowers E2.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.68%

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    It all depends upon TT level. Its all about ratio and balance. The higher your TT, the higher E2 can be.

Someone with a lower TT, thats in the 3 to 4 hundred range, a E2 level would suggest possible estrogen dominance.

DIM works to correct estrogen balance, I haven't seen any data that it actually lowers E2.
    Yes more and more I am looking at it its e/t ratio that is one of the more important things that need to be emphasied. You can also throw in shbg in there as well because it does help to shed light on alot of possible hidden factors as already been pointed out. This is what went so hidden for so long with me. My testosteron wa 200 but e2 was 20, but thats a 10:1 ratio and a normal person with a good ration should be about 20-40:1 not 10:1. To make things even worse my ft was in the toilet the whole time adding more insult. And alot of abnormalities in the blood were those of low testosterone and elevated estrogen imbalances and estrogen domaince..
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    Yes more and more I am looking at it its e/t ratio that is one of the more important things that need to be emphasied. You can also throw in shbg in there as well because it does help to shed light on alot of possible hidden factors as already been pointed out. This is what went so hidden for so long with me. My testosteron wa 200 but e2 was 20, but thats a 10:1 ratio and a normal person with a good ration should be about 20-40:1 not 10:1. To make things even worse my ft was in the toilet the whole time adding more insult. And alot of abnormalities in the blood were those of low testosterone and elevated estrogen imbalances and estrogen domaince..
    Exactly. Everyone has become so scared of E and alot of the time AI's are not needed. It is all about balance. E and T need to be in harmony. There is alot to learn about this subject. The info is out there.
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.27%

What I know abot ratios I learned from book.
    The Life Extension Revolution (Paperback), By Phillip Lee Miller, M.D. With Monica Reinagel
    There must be much more out there, please keep on searching. Post interesting finds.
    When dealing with ratios, units are important.
    First desirable (by dr Miller) levels then ratios.

Page 81
    TT(6000-9000)pg/ml
    FreeT(25-35)pg/ml (from LabCorp)
    Estrogen(less than 100pg/ml)
    Estradiol(E2)(20-40)pg/ml

page 95
    progesterone(1500-2500)pg/mL

page 242
    DHEA-s(9250-450)mcg/dL
    cortisol(9-14)mcg/dL

page 245
    DHEA/cortisol(15-25)
    progesterone/estrogen(15-20)
    TT/estrogen(80-120)
    E2/FreeT(less than1.0)

I have a doubts of what to do with otherwise useless FreeT from LabCorp.
    I suppose when done consistently there is some value in it.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yes a good DIM will convert your E2 into a good E and some bad ones then you liver can wash them out. TMG helps with this do if E2 gets converted then DIM lowers E2.
    FAQs about Diindolylmethane
  12. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.63%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by anyman View Post
    Don't know if I can get that many tests, however. That's quite a list!! It's bad enough dealing with this BS Add dealing with the damned insurance companies and it's even harder.
    I've been lucky to get the usual ones done, like T, E2, FSH/LH, SHBG, etc. I'll see if I can convince them to domore tests.

As always, much thanks for your help and time.
    Bottom line is to get every test you can to find out why your low. Going on TRT without knowing why your low you may never feel your best. There are a lot of things that can cause low T and if you fix it your levels go back up.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 10:37 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 12:49 AM
  4. About to take Nolvadex before starting Fin and Arimidex
    By laurier in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 06:08 PM
  5. Replies: 0