Testim/Androgel and Acne

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
I am on 10g Testim a day, not enough I am still to low, but I am getting real bad Acne on back and shoulders where I apply it. Anyone else have this problem? Anything I can take to fix it?

Also will taking supplements effect TRT? I am going to start taking a multivitamin, and a recovery drink, becuase I am about ready to get back into the gym. I thought about taking some Gensing but still unsure about that.

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
My last labs had me at 528. Unknown free T. My prolactin is high at 15.9. I am awaiting Endo appt on May 8th.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
My last labs had me at 528. Unknown free T. My prolactin is high at 15.9. I am awaiting Endo appt on May 8th.
528 is not bad on gels, but one needs more blood work to get a true over al picture of what is really going on. atleast your free t, dht, e2 levels,shbg would give a broader pics as well as complete ft3, ft4 levels on thyroid. people with low thyroid do not absorb creams (THAT BE ME) to type of creames and still nothing about 300 (sigh)

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
JanSz-I agree my first priority is the Prolactin levels. I do not think I have an Adenoma because I heard your prolactin levels would be in the hundreds for that. I think getting my prolactin levels down will cure my performance anxiety; low libido and ED, but will it help with with just regular anxiety attacks (better than before no T, just mild now) depression, energy ect?

Hardasnails- I faxed the Endo's office last Thursday requesting a lab order before I meet them on the 8th. I asked to have the following checked-Free T, TSh, Fsh, GH, LG, and SHBG. I did see on my old labs my 3rd generation thyroid were normal at 1.605. I of course have not heard back from Endo office and I probably won't until I meet them. Hopeing for the best being prepaired for the worst.

acidred06

Banned
Awards
I take 10mg of Androgel per day and my latest test results were 220. What gives.

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
It is different for averyone. Some people absorb it really well others do not. I am going to ask Endo to swith me to Andorgel and see what happens with acne.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Multivitamins are useless and possibly dangerous. They are poorly absorbed and compete with eachother.

You are much better off taking a Fish Oil and Vitamin E(Carlsons) combo, and eating lots of fruits/veggies

Last edited by a moderator:
JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
JanSz-I agree my first priority is the Prolactin levels. I do not think I have an Adenoma because I heard your prolactin levels would be in the hundreds for that. I think getting my prolactin levels down will cure my performance anxiety; low libido and ED, but will it help with with just regular anxiety attacks (better than before no T, just mild now) depression, energy ect?

Hardasnails- I faxed the Endo's office last Thursday requesting a lab order before I meet them on the 8th. I asked to have the following checked-Free T, TSh, Fsh, GH, LG, and SHBG. I did see on my old labs my 3rd generation thyroid were normal at 1.605. I of course have not heard back from Endo office and I probably won't until I meet them. Hopeing for the best being prepaired for the worst.
With 10gram Androgel problem is that it is a lot of very thin gel.
At first I was spilling lots of it without realising. Low T levels.
When I changed my way of applying Androgel, I divided each 5gram packet to 4-5 portions and spread it everywhere except genitals. I had my test up to 1039. I changed then to 7.5 grams. Now I am on 1gram of 100mg/1gram T cream, 10x less volume, last Friday did blood test, waiting for results. So far my pines is agreable.
----------------------
Since you are getting ready for a blood test, you may as well do my (long) list. If you want I can repost it.

SufferingEd

SufferingEd

Awards
  • Established
"Multivitamins are useless and possibly dangerous. They are poorly absorbed and compete with eachother"

I never heard this about multivitamins. I also though it was stuff like Ginseng and over the counter sex products that was bad for you. Why do they recommend Multis? A personal trainer recommended multis to my wife at the gym.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
I take 10mg of Androgel per day and my latest test results were 220. What gives.
You need to switch to shots start at 100mgs a week. The gels are not getting through your skin.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established

You fotgot DHT this goes dam high on gels. Test this if its dam high like 2 to 3 x's over the top of the range then better to switch to shots.

cjones84

Awards
How much feeling and wellbeing are you getting down there while flaccid on these gels and shots? I have found some herbs to stimulate LH and FSH I would assume for sperm production and better orgasms but still ED persists with the shrinkage etc and no MW or spontaneous erections