Hey fellas, just got some suspect lab results back today

JohnnyHads

JohnnyHads

Awards
So Ive been lifting for a while now, and Ive never seen great results. I played college baseball, friend is a trainer... so Ive got good technique and advice, but Ive never been able to bulk up like the other guys. Ive considered a pro hormone cycle, yada yada yada...

So I did some invesitigating

My lab results

Free Test 10.6 pg/mL Normal - 9.3 - 26.5

T4 1.09

IGF-1 155 ng/mL Normal - 117 - 329

Estrodiol 23 pg/mL Normal - 0 - 53

T3 103 ng/dL

DHEA 380 ng/dL Normal - 208 -771

Seems like Im on the ****ty side of ALL the normal ranges, and by the way I havent had morning wood in ages. Im 26, weigh 200 lbs, Im 6'3" and carry a skinny build.

You guys have any suggestions? How can I raise my levels, and do I need to raise my levels?

Thanks in advance - Mr. ****ty Side

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You need alot more tests done. Check the sticky's at top, others will chime in as well.

biker340

Awards
JohnnyHads,,

Welcome to the world of being a classic ecto.. at 26 I weighed 190 lbs. and I am 6'5"

Us ectomorphs can lift all the weights in the world and not get that supersize that we want.. It just takes a long time..
Just keep the diet right, and keep lifting...

Stay away from the prohormones because they will do nothing but drive your natty test levels even lower..

As the above post states, get a complete physical and ask your doc for a complete male hormone panel as listed in the stickies. then you will find an answer to the no morning wood problem..

Good luck

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Test at Quest Diagnostics, post results with ranges:
Just print the list and have a doc sign under it.
I had that done yesterday so do not tell me it is not doable.
Drink 2 gasses of water in the morning before leaving home.
Do not eat from before nidnight.
No sex 2 days before.
Come early in the morning 7AM, you will have to go again at 3:30 for Cortisol/PM.
Do not take any usual medicine before draw, take it with you and have it afterward.

Complete metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function Panel
Lipid Panel
CBC

Total Estrogens
estrone
Estradiol, sensitive
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone (calculated)
Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
Albumin
sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
Hematocrit
prolactin, serum
FSH (3rd Generation)
LH
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
Free T4
Total T4
Total T3
DHEA Sulfate
Cortisol, AM/PM
SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
IGF-BP3
C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
Fibrinogen
Hemoglobin A1C
Lp(a) lipoprotein
Bilirubin
AST (SGOT)
ALT(SGPT)
VLDL
Homocysteine
Insulin, fasting
Glucose, plasma
Magnesium
Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
Folate
Vitamin A
Ferritin
B12, selenium, zinc, copper
Free PSA
FreePSA/Total PSA
aldosterone
Estradiol, Bioavailable

JohnnyHads

JohnnyHads

Awards
Sweet! Thanks, is this expensive?

I have a solid anthem insurance plan, does insurance pay for this kind of stuff if Im hypothyroid?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Sweet! Thanks, is this expensive?

I have a solid anthem insurance plan, does insurance pay for this kind of stuff if Im hypothyroid?
You have a better chance at having insurance pay the bill if you ahve right diagnosis.
Insurance speak ICD-9 code
Below are mine codes. Put all of them on a script. Explanation of what they mean is below.
Add your thyroid problem codes. (Let me know what they are for my education)

//=========================================================================

ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
257.2 Other testicular hypofunction 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 257.2 - Other Testicular Hypofunction
272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 272.* - Disorders of lipoid metabolism
601.9 Prostatitis unspecified 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 601.* - Inflammatory diseases of prostate
780.4 Dizziness and giddiness 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.4 - Dizziness And Giddiness
780.79 Other malaise and fatigue 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.79 - Other Malaise And Fatigue
788.41 Urinary frequency 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 788.41 - Urinary Frequency

MESO-Rx - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
255 Disorders of adrenal glands
For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/56511-hgh-insurance-coverage.html#post685212
Dr. John 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM
ICD-9 253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency