Isocort versus cortef???

1. Isocort versus cortef???

I have been taking Isocort for a while and still dont feel anywhere near good enough.

I have read that each Isocort tablet has 2.5 mgs of cortisol, is that correct?

And has anyone that had less than great results done better on cortef?

2. I felt way better once I switched to cortef. It just seemed Isocort was not potent enough. It could be because it is a proprietary blend and ya never know what you are getting in those.

3. I agree completely. Switch to cortef if isocort is not working, and then (with the aid of a doctor) you may need to up your cortef dose up a bit. But do that after you gradually switch to cortef, dont do it all at once and most people wont need any higher than 20.
    •   

4. Yes I also feel Cortef is much better the Isocort. I worked my way up to 8 pills of Isocort ='s some 20 mgs of cortisol. But I don't think it is = to 20mgs. I am doing 10 mgs. of cortef first thing in the morning because this is when my levels showed the lowest and I feel my worst in the morning. I start on it at 5 am then go back to bed and get up at 8am doing this I feel much better at 8am when I get out of bed for the day. Then at 10am I take 2 isocort this seams to help. I do my next dose 5mgs. at 2pm and 6pm. For a total of 20mgs of cortef a day. Sometimes when I get stressed or over do it I have to do a stress dose when this happens I take an extra 10 mgs. of cortef. This link is a good read.
    durrant-peatfield adrenal support

Similar Forum Threads

1. switching from cortef (hisone) to isocort
    By Gutterpump in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 02:32 PM
  2. 4AD versus testosterone
    By supersoldier in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 09:09 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 02:05 PM