Question for DIM users

mikandrea

Awards
I remember Dr. John saying that he uses a product called EstroBlock. He was on the medical board if I remember correctly. If I was to use DIM, his choice would be my choice!!! I'll try and find the link for ya.

Mike

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Just curious about brands. What do you all think of this brand - EstroBalance with DIM from ENZYMATIC THERAPY at the Better Health Store

It says "formerly of indoplex" meaning it was an indoplex brand, which from my understanding is of high quality.

I can get it for a great price as in I shop alot at Better Health and have a discount card :), plus they are close by.

My take on DIM.
There is some politics involved.
There are things left unsaid on this.
I do not want to go for "straight" DIM
Dr John, when he was recomending it was working for/with
Nick Delgado, and (I think) using his:
Estroblock with I3C -60 count
Estroblock (60 ct) has 100mg DIM with I3C 50mg
There was a feud between LEF.org and Dr Zeligs (pure DIM)
---------
I use 6 pills daily
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
contains I3C, DIM, Resveratol and other
---------
------------------------------------------------------
When Dr John (SWALE) wrote this post:
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - I am on HRT with DIM...
03-12-2005, 02:16 PM
hi did not defined DIM (since it may or may not be bio-active)
hi said (Di-indolemethane--DIM (300mg QD)
but there was I3C in the set.
-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Dr John was supposed to have presentation on Estrogens management on Health Conference end of this month, Orlando FL.
His is not going to do it.
He promissed to make this presentation available to us for a price.
Wonder what is the progress on this important topic.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My take on DIM.
---------

Very interesting. I already take Resveratrol. I know of chrysin. It is a VERY interesting compound and has the unique ability to LOWER SHBG. Ver cool.

So which one do you think I should try out?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My take on DIM.
---------

Thanks for the links.

My DHEA level is sky high above the charts naturally, at 520 (range up to 500).

So either Dr Delgados formulation from ultimate med research or the LEF brand is what I will go with.

mikandrea

Awards
PlymouthCity,
I'm going to respect Dr. John's wishes and not publish what he's done for me as far as specific treatment. I just don't want to anger anyone. Hope you understand.

Mike

BTW, I am NOT on Estroblock...I just remember him saying that that was the brand he used.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PlymouthCity,
I'm going to respect Dr. John's wishes and not publish what he's done for me as far as specific treatment. I just don't want to anger anyone. Hope you understand.

Mike

BTW, I am NOT on Estroblock...I just remember him saying that that was the brand he used.
:rant:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Janz,
How well is that formulation working at keeping estradoil (E2) down for you?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i did the life extyension stack and i definetely noticed its effcts. problem is it is expensive and i hated taking pills until i was full

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yesterday I had a blood draw at Quest. I will post my blood test results ASAP. In the mean time;
My main supplements for estrogen and SHBG
4pills
Super Miraforte With Max Strength Chrysin, 120 Caps
6pills
Dual-Action Cruciferous Vegetable Extract With Resveratrol & Cat's Claw, 60 Vegetarian Capsules
3pills
Advanced Natural Prostate Formula With 5-Loxin, 60 Softgels
2pills
Tmg (Trimethylglycine), 500 Mg 180 Tablets
I take other stuff, my multi contain some Calcium Glutarate.
One day I will make a list and post it on the other board so I can quickly make reference to it.
Wish this board had a capability of making links to individual posts.

The other Demacrine product do not have DHEA and pregnenalone.
Wery interesting two products. Using commonly known ingredients but the crux may be in their propelant. They sell it separately as a clean product so it can be customized.
Worth keeping eye on it.

It is a very interesting concept using it as a transdermal. Absolutely AWESOME in fact. DHEA has ALWAYS had issues with absorbtion. It is poorly absorbed orally, I don't care what brand your using. Same goes with chrysin, and in fact, chrysins oral absorbtion is downright minute. So to develop a transdermal application for such compounds is unique and very cool. I will be keeping an eye on that website and their products.

I have not had SHBG checked yet. So I do not know if I need chrysin. I will know in a few months. I will be undergoing a little project here to get my E2 levels down and T levels up a little. I will be getting new bloodwork results next week but its for TT, LHand FSH only. However, I plan on getting a full male panel from LEF sometime in july to see where Im at next.

The plan is to see If I can maximize T naturally and get E2 levels under control naturally, with no HRT or chemical AI's involved. My IGF-1 levels are in the gutter, and that is for Dr John to fix next :cheers:

I have heard about TMG. I am under the impression that Dr John and others feel that it needs to be taken with DIM.

Last edited:
dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i have been using dim for a while now and it seems to be losing its effectiveness

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Zelig recommends a DIM product without IC3. There are numerous studies backing this up, Im reading threw tons of stuff now. 3 days ago I knew little of DIM ;). My brain is starting to ache.

Check out Zeligs patented DIM formula. BioResponse Nutrients

Possible combination with TMG - Tmg (Trimethylglycine), 500 Mg 180 Tablets
I rather trust Dr John then dr Zeligs.

When I first found old Dr John's post (SWALE) and posted on this board, Dr John responded that out of the whole post, he does not suppots the flax seed anymore.
I take he supports everything else.

plymouth city
with your knowledge, would you dare to convert that post (each line) into list that would have following points (or more)
(we may discuss particulars latter)

1. purpose of the product
2. product name
3. URL link
4. number of pills

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Phytoestrogens - These are dangerous compounds that mimic estrogen in the body. They are found in soy and other derivatives. They are getting more difficult to avoid, as soy is in everything nowadays. Stay away from salad dressings and food out of boxes. Eat natural.

High protein, low fat diet - Low fat diets are definitely dangerous, not only from a hormonal standpoint but an overall health standpoint. Fat is the most important of the three(carb/protein/fat). Essential fatty acids are the building blocks of our hormones. High quality fish oils and Vit E(Biotest and Carlsons) a wide array of nutts and seeds(peanuts, walnutts, almonds, coconut for example, they are all essential and healthy)

Reduce Omega-6 and AA generators - This is easily done as in most Omega 6 fatty acids are found in packaged, processed foods out of boxes/wrappers. Unfortunately, our meat now contains alot of omega 6 and not so much omega 3 anymore because of the diets fed to animals that are not free range. Omega 6's are otherwise easy to avoid. We do need some, just not alot. Shoot for a 1:1 ratio. AA Im assuming he is speaking of Arachidonic acid. I do not fear this. It is a naturally found in peanuts and meat/dairy/eggs. It is vital for testosterone production. Eat in balance and AA won't be an issue.

Add Omega-3’s - Biotest Flameout

Add flaxseed - Controversial. Right now Im not taking flaxseed. There is conflicting info both ways. I have not seen anything in concrete that says flax increases E2. I have heard stuff about it increasing total estrones. Some estrogens are healthy, its all about balance. I have a feeling flax will turn out to be a good thing.

Di-indolemethane--DIM (300mg QD) - I am going to use pure DIM from Dr Zelig (hormonal balance.com). QD is medical speak for every day. Thats a big dose. Dr Zeligs protocol is 150mg QD. Maybe his version is more potent that Delgados. Impossible to say right now. Dr John obviously has alot of experience in treating this.

Indole-3-carbinol (I-3-C) - Not a fan. There is alot of evidence showing I3C might not only be not usefull, but dangerous. Lots of studies backing this up as well. DIM and I3C -- the Real Facts on Safety

Inhibit aromatase activity - Keeping T from converting to to much E. This might be TRT related. There are also alot of things that aromatize into estrogen. Alcohol is one of the most potent. So is plastics and chemicals. Avoid heating anything in plastic. Try and avoid using chemicals and cleaning agents.

We as a society are so germ - phobic its ridiculous, and completely unnecessary. Our immune systems, when healthy, are battle harden spartan warriors that are not used to todays ways of over sanitization, anti bacterialization of everything. I avoid alot anti bacterial agents and over the counter drugs.

They are unnecessary. Same goes with lots of household chemicals and cleaning agents. I buy organic soap/shampoo/toothpaste. Alot of the time harsh chemical cleaning agents are unnecessary. Good old hot water and a little soap does the trick.

Calcium D Glucarate helps in clearing out estrogen from the bloodstream. It helps with the metabolization of E. This may help alot. It also helps protect against cancer.

TMB added to DIM. I am still unsure of dose of TMB.

Enough for today. As Dr John can probably point out, its a beautiful April sunday here in michiagn, Im off to hike the hills in Ann arbor ;)

Last edited:

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Janz,
are you taking dermacrime yet? How much TMG do you take?

Dr John, how much TMG and what brand do you recommend?