are prohormones available by prescription ??

willis3

Awards
My doc told me that he might want to try doing a combination of pregnenolone and andro (not sure whether he was reffering to -diol or -dione) I probably should have asked but are prohormones available if my doc prescribes it because I was under the impression that they were not obtainable. I suppose a compunding pharmacy would have to do this. I have never even heard of that before. Curious as to what Dr. John might think.

willis3

Awards
The pregnenolone and andro (diol or dione) would be replacing the androgel eventually.this would apparently negate the need for any hcg or androgel.

DHEA would still be in there as would HGH and Thyroid. I am not familiar with prohormones and their actions, I've never tried them. From what I 've researched it seems that the andro (5 -diol) form is less androgenic than the andro (4 diol) form and neither of those convert to estrogen.....however the androstene(dione) form definitely convert to estrogen at a potentially high rate. Not trying to look like mark mcgwire (lol)

If I'm incorrect in my interpretation of how these prohormones work then let me know...-willis

Ripw4

Ripw4

Awards
If a doctor is prescribing Prohormones such as andro for Hypogonadism then I have one word for you.

RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
PH's were completely banned a couple of years ago. Not sure if they are still available via Rx or not. But I wouldn't trust someone offering these as a fix. Too many orals and conversion chances if you ask me.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
PH's were completely banned a couple of years ago. Not sure if they are still available via Rx or not. But I wouldn't trust someone offering these as a fix. Too many orals and conversion chances if you ask me.
They were not completely banned (Schedule I). They were placed in the same class as steroid hormones (Schedule III). So they are availalbe by prescription.

Some physicians believe they have a place in HRT.