applying androgel

calvin6697

Awards
Has anyone ever applied andro on upper thighs and if so any negative results? Thanks

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever applied andro on upper thighs and if so any negative results? Thanks
I applied it everywhere I could reach.
Skin is a skin, results you see in a blood test.
Stay away from genitals, just keep your briefs on while applying.
Androgel works, but it is a big volume, I used 10grams.
I switched to Tcream, 100mg/1gram
Use 1gram/day
Aply to middle of one calf then spread the whole thing by rubbing both calfs, wait 10 minutes, put pants on.
Handy, specially with my infant grandson around.
I also use 1gram of 100mg/1gram pregnenolone at the same time, also on the calf.
Next script I will ask to mix Test with pregnenolone to still reduce volume.
Tcream and pregnenolone cream cost $1/day each.

Not sure if DHEA is good as a cream?
Does anybody know?

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Use 1gram/day
Aply to middle of one calf then spread the whole thing by rubbing both calfs, wait 10 minutes, put pants on.
I also use 1gram of 100mg/1gram pregnenolone at the same time, also on the calf.

Does anybody know?

They can put anything into a cream also armidex, but a hot blonde with big tits is out the question LOL

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
They can put anything into a cream also armidex, but a hot blonde with big tits is out the question LOL
Tits can be size C or D, if they are attached to passable body, at my age I can't be too demanding.

With all my DIM that I am taking I do not use Arimidex.
Last few weeks wood been good, thank you, could use extra hottie.
----------------------
So what can be put into a creme:

Testosterone
pregnenolone
DHEA
Arimidex

also this people put in a cream
7,8 benzoflavone (from Passiflora)
Chrysin (from Passiflora)
Resveratrol

so probably they also could be put into a cream for completeness.

Last edited by a moderator:

biker340

Awards
Getting back to the topic,,,,,

This is a good question.. I suffer from frosting and I hate going to the gym with having white ashy looking arms..

I'd love to try apply it elsewhere but worry about the absorption.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Getting back to the topic,,,,,

This is a good question.. I suffer from frosting and I hate going to the gym with having white ashy looking arms..

I'd love to try apply it elsewhere but worry about the absorption.
If you are frosting then after 4 weeks things are not moving or dropping then suggest injections then.. do not waste time and more money on gel..

calvin6697

Awards
Use 1gram/day

Does anybody know?
Thanks I thought it wouldnt make a big difference. The reason I asked the question was because the andro being alcohol based it seemed to dry my skin a little dry, so moving it around seems to help reduce that. As far as the cost I only pay $20.00 for a scrip. At 5g, that lasts me a month. But you are correct it is a lot on material to spread around.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks I thought it wouldnt make a big difference. The reason I asked the question was because the andro being alcohol based it seemed to dry my skin a little dry, so moving it around seems to help reduce that. As far as the cost I only pay $20.00 for a scrip. At 5g, that lasts me a month. But you are correct it is a lot on material to spread around.
Quite few people here complain that they are not getting enough T in their blood levels while on Androgel.
My blood tests were in upper of expected range.
The gel is very thin, it flows thru fingers before you know it.
At first I was noting lots of white spots on bathroom floor.
Splitting each 5grams into four or five portions helps.

calvin6697

Awards
Quite few people here complain that they are not getting enough T in their blood levels while on Androgel.
My blood tests were in upper of expected range.
The gel is very thin, it flows thru fingers before you know it.
At first I was noting lots of white spots on bathroom floor.
Splitting each 5grams into four or five portions helps.
I am not sure yet where my levels are going to end up, I am only three months into treatment. My first test showed a total of 171 before treatment. After 2 weeks on andro 5g. my level went to 297, Doc bumped me to 7.5g. After 4 weeks my next test showed a total of 1046, off the charts high. Doc then moved me back to 5g. the reason I think it was this high was because I had some residual still on my upper arms. me next test is in two weeks. I have also added DIM and ZMA to my regimen.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I am not sure yet where my levels are going to end up, I am only three months into treatment. My first test showed a total of 171 before treatment. After 2 weeks on andro 5g. my level went to 297, Doc bumped me to 7.5g. After 4 weeks my next test showed a total of 1046, off the charts high. Doc then moved me back to 5g. the reason I think it was this high was because I had some residual still on my upper arms. me next test is in two weeks. I have also added DIM and ZMA to my regimen.
Do not use arms to apply Androgel, use them to draw a blood.
On a day you draw a blood, apply Androgel AFTER blood draw.
Unless you are on HCG and actually producing good amount of T, you should not go below 7.5mg Androgel.

calvin6697

Awards
Unless you are on HCG and actually producing good amount of T, you should not go below 7.5mg Androgel.
Thats what I tried to tell my Doc but I think I know more about HRT than she does. So I will play her way until the next test. And I dont use andro until after the test. thanks for the info

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Need to apply the gel first wait 2 hours and then test just apply it on opposite arm that they draw from. Because you are not getting a true peak reading where estrogen imbalance could be apparent at first..

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Need to apply the gel first wait 2 hours and then test just apply it on opposite arm that they draw from. Because you are not getting a true peak reading where estrogen imbalance could be apparent at first..
So there are, say, two possibilities for testing, while applying gel daily at the same time.
1. draw blood (2) two hours after applying gel
2. draw blood (22) twenty two hours after applying gel

That makes about 190ng/dL difference in readings.
How do we reconcile this.
We probably would like to know (accurately) both of those numbers.
If faced with testing one of them I think the lower number may be a better choice.
Please expand on relationship to estrogen imbalance
Picture is from:
http://androgel.com/images/ProfessionalInfo.pdf
Look at 10G Androgel and 180 days line.

Attachments

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I apply on either/both arms and on either/both thighs. I don't know if it makes a difference regarding absorption but like you I get dry skin. I also get a little acne break out if I only do my arms (the right more than the left for some reason).

I was on the patch at 2.5 mg and my levels went to 1007 so she (my D.O.) put me on the gel and only 1 pump (1.25 mg). I am do to take labs next week so I'll find out what my new levels are. I started out at at 317 on one lab and 297 on another (LabCorps).