Can anyone explain this?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.61%

Can anyone explain this?

I took finasteride and came off second best. I quit the drug and in an attempt to rid this stuff from my stystem, I had a colonic washout done (google it). The day after this, my libido was OUT OF CONTROL. Even for just 2 hours, but I have never before had such a high libido in my life. And all this while my T level was not good at all (although I cant be sure that at that precise time it didnt go up).

Preveious to this, I could not get an erection if my life depended on it since using finasteride, and it only lasted for those two hours.

Essentially what a colonic washout does is takes away the internal toxic load on your body for about 4 days.

I wonder if for some reason the finasteride is getting stuck in my colon and getting reabsorbed into my system? Like it is not being broken down due to poor gut/liver function and is recirculating. This despite the short half life of the drug. But then if its the colon that is the issue, then it must be a good vs bad bacterial problem maybe?

Also Im not sure that this is a receptor problem because 3 times now, my libido and sexual function has returned in full force, or very close enough to it. If receptors where an issue, wouldnt that mean that this would not even be possible?

I just wonder what this little experience rules out as far as finasteride problems go. The fact that I was fully functional again, even for just 2 hours.

2. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    I took finasteride and came off second best. I quit the drug and in an attempt to rid this stuff from my stystem, I had a colonic washout done (google it). The day after this, my libido was OUT OF CONTROL. Even for just 2 hours, but I have never before had such a high libido in my life. And all this while my T level was not good at all (although I cant be sure that at that precise time it didnt go up).

Preveious to this, I could not get an erection if my life depended on it since using finasteride, and it only lasted for those two hours.

Essentially what a colonic washout does is takes away the internal toxic load on your body for about 4 days.

I wonder if for some reason the finasteride is getting stuck in my colon and getting reabsorbed into my system? Like it is not being broken down due to poor gut/liver function and is recirculating. This despite the short half life of the drug. But then if its the colon that is the issue, then it must be a good vs bad bacterial problem maybe?

Also Im not sure that this is a receptor problem because 3 times now, my libido and sexual function has returned in full force, or very close enough to it. If receptors where an issue, wouldnt that mean that this would not even be possible?

I just wonder what this little experience rules out as far as finasteride problems go. The fact that I was fully functional again, even for just 2 hours.
    Do not know about finasteride, but half-life of Avodart is few months to a year.
    Very very long time.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.61%

The half-life of finasteride is something like 8hrs. It should be completely gone from your system in less than a week.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Can anyone answer this one for me?
    By mwkcronin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 10:02 AM
  2. ok, can someone explain this diet bull plob
    By gabriel in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2004, 03:21 PM
  3. Chemistry Guru's can someone explain this...
    By unfknblvbl89 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-30-2004, 10:09 PM
  4. Can anyone beat this $ on Proscar?
    By mtruther in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-06-2004, 04:48 AM
  5. Can someone explain this structure
    By Old Guy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 07:40 PM