like to hear your opinions

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
ill try to make this short... but i may be starting HRT soon if my next blood panel isnt improved...heres numbers from 2003
total test....10.40.....299.9ng
bioavailable...4.13.....14.2 pmol
cholesterol....5.10
hdl................1.25
ldl.................3.2
ratio of......4.10
tg (tryglycerides)?....1.3

my last one my TEST was 12.8, or 369ng and bioT was 17.7pmol

im 30yrs old, been stressed/agitated/depressed/decrease interest in sex, fatigued zero memory...gain weight ULTRA easy
currently 5'11" 225lbs (down from 255lb)
i did 5 cycles over 4 yrs ago, not sure if that had a play in this?
OH YEAH, I LIVE IN CANADA!!!
ive read Dr. Johns TRT recipe for success, along with other stories on here, and have become intrigued..

clearly i need to ask my doctor for a more complete blood panel b4 starting anything, i have read about "RECOVERING THE HPTA"

1. How do we figure out if my levels are testes related or HPTA related? treatments for correcting other than HRT? lets say my estrogen is too high, thus low T... can fixing that double my TEST levels... ideally i want to be around 800, nor 360

the weighlifter in me says "get me the script"...LOL, but i actually would like to find out more if i could, i also wanted to push for the IM, but after reading here, will get ANDROGEL to try first

2. reference to E2.. is that an actual test, is it different in Canada

3. ive seen others with HGH scripts here...what needs tested for this, symptoms for low? i read sore joints...im always sore...lol

4. my left nipple has gyno like symptom... puffy, but not itchy or hurts..sometimes it throbs?? there is a lump..i had a mammogram done... during my research i came across a reference to prolactin and test levels?? im sure this is related to something

5. (my 3rd edit...) how important/often HCG required

6. currently trying to get pregnant....thus IM prefered ive read..?

7. cortisol, i have to pee in a jug all day to get this tested?? other way, is this ULTRA necessary

thank you all so much for taking the time to read and reply, im sure im forgetting something (the memory thing lol) so i may edit this...

just looking to be more informed when i see my GP again

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
ill try to make this short... but i may be starting HRT soon if my next blood panel isnt improved...heres numbers from 2003
cholesterol....5.10
hdl................1.25
ldl.................3.2
ratio of......4.10

im 30yrs old, been stressed/agitated/depressed/decrease interest in sex, fatigued zero memory...gain weight ULTRA easy
ive read Dr. Johns TRT recipe for success, along with other stories on here, and have become intrigued..

clearly i need to ask my doctor for a more complete blood panel b4 starting anything, i have read about "RECOVERING THE HPTA"

1. How do we figure out if my levels are testes related or HPTA related? treatments for correcting other than HRT? lets say my estrogen is too high, thus low T... can fixing that double my TEST levels... ideally i want to be around 800, nor 360

the weighlifter in me says "get me the script"...LOL, but i actually would like to find out more if i could, i also wanted to push for the IM, but after reading here, will get ANDROGEL to try first

3. ive seen others with HGH scripts here...what needs tested for this, symptoms for low? i read sore joints...im always sore...lol

4. my left nipple has gyno like symptom... puffy, but not itchy or hurts..sometimes it throbs?? there is a lump..i had a mammogram done... during my research i came across a reference to prolactin and test levels?? im sure this is related to something

7. cortisol, i have to pee in a jug all day to get this tested?? other way, is this ULTRA necessary

thank you all so much for taking the time to read and reply, im sure im forgetting something (the memory thing lol) so i may edit this...

phats
Check units.
look for something like (nmol/dL) or (nmol/L) or (pmol/L)

another words a mass divided by volume

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
yeah, ive converted them to the standard US units, as the numbers 12.8 nmol/L i thought was really low....lol

so, 369ng/dL for test, and bioT was 17.7pmol/L

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
cholesterol....5.10
hdl................1.25
ldl.................3.2
ratio of......4.10

phats
You have to have good blood test, otherwise you spinning your wheels.
My (long) list below;
------------
RECOVERING THE HPTA
Provide more of your history, were you doing cycles?
I do not know much about recovering HPTA, except that you should really do that first and put maximum effort in that project.
I welcome if someone provided details and ways of HPTA recovery.
------------
Do not worry much about Total Testosterone, money is in BioAvailableTestosterone.
If you are HPTA recovered your BioAvailableTestosterone will be according to your genes.
Healthy young men (natural) BAT=5.5(nmol/L)
-------------
currently trying to get pregnant
If you recover, then you are natural, if you end up on TRT make sure you use HCG to keep your testis working, sometimes you may need HMG.
---------------------------------
MESO-Rx - View Single Post - Attention all those on Sub-q injections
----------------------------------
Complete metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function Panel
Lipid Panel
CBC

Total Estrogens
estrone
Estradiol, sensitive
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone (calculated)
Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
Albumin
sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
Hematocrit
prolactin, serum
FSH (3rd Generation)
LH
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
Free T4
Total T4
Total T3
DHEA Sulfate
Cortisol, AM/PM
SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
IGF-BP3
C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
Fibrinogen
Hemoglobin A1C
Lp(a) lipoprotein
Bilirubin
AST (SGOT)
ALT(SGPT)
VLDL
Homocysteine
Insulin, fasting
Glucose, plasma
Magnesium
Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
Folate
Vitamin A
Ferritin
B12, selenium, zinc, copper
Free PSA
FreePSA/Total PSA
aldosterone
Estradiol, Bioavailable

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
i agree, i need a better blood panel done. and hopefully he does it, hes just my ordinary doctor, not ENDOCRINOLOGIST

thanks for all that required, yes my bioT or freetest is 5.1, but not sure what he had tested off hand..id have to look.

as i stated i did cycles of varying degrees, the last and biggest being 4 yrs ago or so, for a bodybuilding show
i was on various things, and got up to 250mg enanthate EOD
with some winny V 50mgEOD and Tren 75mgEOD at the end and 100mcg T3 ramped down VERY slowly too... masteron thrown in there (real or not???)

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
i agree, i need a better blood panel done. and hopefully he does it, hes just my ordinary doctor, not ENDOCRINOLOGIST

thanks for all that required, yes my bioT or freetest is 5.1, but not sure what he had tested off hand..id have to look.

as i stated i did cycles of varying degrees, the last and biggest being 4 yrs ago or so, for a bodybuilding show
i was on various things, and got up to 250mg enanthate EOD
with some winny V 50mgEOD and Tren 75mgEOD at the end and 100mcg T3 ramped down VERY slowly too... masteron thrown in there (real or not???)

phats
Dr John it best in evaluating if you will be able to recover HPTA. From what I am hearing chances are not that good.
In any case blood test as I posted will give you good head start.
Just print the list, give it to your doctor, he can just sign under that list and turn it in to valid prescription. If you make it easy on your doctor he is more likely to cooperate.
I am doing this with my shorter list and it works.
I admit, I did not tried that with long list as I posted, but I will do that next time.
My doctor's nurse is my friend, it is hard to (correctly) transfer the list I posted to forms as provided by laboratories.
Not sure how it works in Canada, but here important are diagnostic codes, otherwise you end up footing the whole bill.

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
hey JanSZ, im going to get bloodwork done tomorrow (already have requisition) so DOC will have results by my app't (26th)

since i wont be able to get my doc to sign the sheet b4 hand (do labs even accept that??)

i was thinking of printing off an abbrieviated list, so it doesnt freak out the lab girl, and it may be more believable....I was going to staple it to the blood work sheet and see what they said?

having said that... what should i try and "sneak" in there, most important

estrogen obviously
HGH
free t3?

this is what im thinking, if i start androgel b4 having your huge list done, what will the gel increase/impact, meaning my next blood work will say somethings increased and or decreased, but i wont have a baseline figure for it.....

what would you consider a must.... a small list :)

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
hey JanSZ, im going to get bloodwork done tomorrow (already have requisition) so DOC will have results by my app't (26th)

since i wont be able to get my doc to sign the sheet b4 hand (do labs even accept that??)

i was thinking of printing off an abbrieviated list, so it doesnt freak out the lab girl, and it may be more believable....I was going to staple it to the blood work sheet and see what they said?

having said that... what should i try and "sneak" in there, most important

estrogen obviously
HGH
free t3?

this is what im thinking, if i start androgel b4 having your huge list done, what will the gel increase/impact, meaning my next blood work will say somethings increased and or decreased, but i wont have a baseline figure for it.....

what would you consider a must.... a small list :)

phats
Print the whole list then staple it to script.
Do not eat from now till tomorrow blood draw at 7AM, they will call you for 3PM cortisol draw.
Drink few glasses of water.
Do not do any shots, cream, supplements, medicine befor draw.

Get the big list but, add diagnostic codes (on a scipt) otherwise you will foot the bill. I will give you my codes, (just as good) :)

Below is what they mean.

ICD9Data.com - Free 2007 ICD-9-CM Medical Coding Database
257.2 Other testicular hypofunction 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 257.2 - Other Testicular Hypofunction
272.4 Other and unspecified hyperlipidemia 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 272.* - Disorders of lipoid metabolism
601.9 Prostatitis unspecified 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 601.* - Inflammatory diseases of prostate
780.4 Dizziness and giddiness 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.4 - Dizziness And Giddiness
780.79 Other malaise and fatigue 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 780.79 - Other Malaise And Fatigue
788.41 Urinary frequency 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 788.41 - Urinary Frequency

MESO-Rx - View Single Post - Adrenal fatigue, does it really exist?
255 Disorders of adrenal glands
For coding adrenal fatigue, I just use the code for Other Specified Disorders of the Adrenal Glands - which I call Adrenal Fatigue
255.8 Other specified disorders of adrenal glands 2007 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis 255.8 - Other Specified Disorders Of Adrenal Glands
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/male-anti-aging/56511-hgh-insurance-coverage.html#post685212
Dr. John 12-17-2006, 06:25 AM
ICD-9 253.3 Adult Onset Growth Hormone Deficiency
=================================================================================
The list
==================================================================================
Complete metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function Panel
Lipid Panel
CBC

Total Estrogens
estrone
Estradiol, sensitive
Progesterone
Pregnenolone
Total Testosterone
Free Testosterone (calculated)
Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
Albumin
sex hormone–binding globulin (SHBG), serum
DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
Hematocrit
prolactin, serum
FSH (3rd Generation)
LH
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
Free (T3) triiodothyroxine
Free T4
Total T4
Total T3
DHEA Sulfate
Cortisol, AM/PM
SOMATOMEDIN C (IGF-1)
IGF-BP3
C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
Fibrinogen
Hemoglobin A1C
Lp(a) lipoprotein
Bilirubin
AST (SGOT)
ALT(SGPT)
VLDL
Homocysteine
Insulin, fasting
Glucose, plasma
Magnesium
Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
Folate
Vitamin A
Ferritin
B12, selenium, zinc, copper
Free PSA
FreePSA/Total PSA
aldosterone
Estradiol, Bioavailable
=======================================================================================
Get copy of the results, post it here with ranges.

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
im CANADIAN EH!! does that matter... i likely dont need the codes??

you sure they wont **** themselves when they see that list...ahhahah

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Get the big list but, add diagnostic codes (on a scipt) otherwise you will foot the bill. I will give you my codes, (just as good) :)

I am still missing good codes for thyroid,
anybody willing to suggest some ##'s ??
============================================
phatkid77
post what have you decided to do and your experience at Quest.

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
up here they dont even use codes...just write it in.. i will wait and show my doc DR JOHNS recipe, and ask for an official req. for the said tests...
i go today, but i slept in due to power outage and i missed the labs cut off for T levels :( but anyway, "do you know there is a charge for the bioavailable" she says....$55, i swear i nver paid b4, but the more i think about it i think he ordered FREE test, instead of bio.....HOWEVER........ IF YOU GET THE BLOOD DRAWN AT THE HOSPITAL IT IS COVERED AS ITS WORKED INTO THE HOSPITALS ANNUAL BUDGET....JUST SO YOU GUYS KNOW.... MIGHT BE DIFFERENT IN THE USA

phats

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
hye guys...did i screw my self or help..i had sex the nite b4 my blood test....

also, if this helps anyone... in CANADA anyway... there is a charge ($60ish) for bio-t....UNLESS you get the blood work done AT THE hospital...all blood work is incorporated into there yearly budget!!!

also... even given all the research i AM doing... if i want/require more than just T..... ill likely get referred to a ENDO right... unless my doc doesnt mind giving drugs i ask for ;)

phats

P

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sex night before test will cause a false rise in prolactin

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
thanks bud... gunna ask for all the other test when i see doc on 26th this month...whew

phats

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
due to them wanting money for this last test...i guess the 4.1 number i put for bio-t is wrong and it would of been free test that the measured....if anyone cares...lol

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
due to them wanting money for this last test...i guess the 4.1 number i put for bio-t is wrong and it would of been free test that the measured....if anyone cares...lol

phats
Next time print the list to avoid last seconds screwups.
You can always make the list longer or shorter but have everything thought thru at home and typed before hand.
It is too many details to think about under pressure while talking to a doc.

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
no i was just saying that my previous tests were for total T, FREE T (4.1), when he should of requested BIO-T...like he did for this one...not sure why...

and a side note.. i have a GR8 idea Jansz... your list of tests which is second to none, i think could be improved, when your not busy....lol

my idea.. with the tests mentioned....beside them write in red as to why we want that test easier show the doctor, and clearly you KNOW your stuff..we would have to research.....EXAMPLE

estradiol-----lowers test, makes moody, no morning wood
DHT ----cant remeber..hehe

thats what i thought of last nite as i couldnt sleep... ;(

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
and a side note.. i have a GR8 idea Jansz... your list of tests which is second to none, i think could be improved, when your not busy....lol

my idea.. with the tests mentioned....beside them write in red as to why we want that test easier show the doctor, and clearly you KNOW your stuff..we would have to research.....EXAMPLE

Great suggestion, the list is (hopefully) in some logical order already.
Hopefuly somebody will step in and improve on the list content and format.

This is one of the reasons I publish this list.

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
looking good would be more appropriate...lol
thanks

just had blood taken... the girl says, you got nice arms you must work out.....haha

phats

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
looking good would be more appropriate...lol
thanks

just had blood taken... the girl says, you got nice arms you must work out.....haha

phats
You are little bashfull today, dont you.

What else the girl said??

P

phatkid77

Awards
  • Established
nothing...a nicer 40something lady, she was impressed i had the foresight to research my problem and search out a solution

phats