Androgel vs. IM Injections

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

Androgel vs. IM Injections

Hello all,

Quick question. If Gels or Creams increase DHT levels more than Testosterone IM injections do, and DHT has a more "Hardening" effect to ones body, then assuming you felt good on the Gel/cream, would you have less bloat and a harder physique than if you were doing the IM injections? Would it be beneficial to be on gels/creams if one was trying to avoid weight gain and bloat? Also, what are, if any, the effects of DHT to ones estrogen levels vs. Test?

The reason I ask, is that I have been on shots for almost a year now and ever since I started I have gained about 13-15lbs. and I have been told I look "Puffy". I still train with weights and cardio 5 times a week and my diet is very good but yet can't seem to lose weight. So I am now thinking of going back to the Androgel to lose this extra bloat and weight.

What are everyone's thoughts. It seems there are numerous members who report that they have gained 10-15lbs since starting IM shots. Personally, I do not find this to be a benefit to HRT but rather a negative side effect as it reaks havoc on one's psyche.

Thanks for your time. . .

2. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yianni54 View Post
    Hello all,

Quick question. If Gels or Creams increase DHT levels more than Testosterone IM injections do, and DHT has a more "Hardening" effect to ones body, then assuming you felt good on the Gel/cream, would you have less bloat and a harder physique than if you were doing the IM injections? Would it be beneficial to be on gels/creams if one was trying to avoid weight gain and bloat? Also, what are, if any, the effects of DHT to ones estrogen levels vs. Test?

The reason I ask, is that I have been on shots for almost a year now and ever since I started I have gained about 13-15lbs. and I have been told I look "Puffy". I still train with weights and cardio 5 times a week and my diet is very good but yet can't seem to lose weight. So I am now thinking of going back to the Androgel to lose this extra bloat and weight.

What are everyone's thoughts. It seems there are numerous members who report that they have gained 10-15lbs since starting IM shots. Personally, I do not find this to be a benefit to HRT but rather a negative side effect as it reaks havoc on one's psyche.

Thanks for your time. . .
    Not necessarily true excess dht according to marianco can make one increase abdomnial fat as well to how this principle works that I would like to know !!
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.46%

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973

Not necessarily true excess dht according to marianco can make one increase abdomnial fat as well to how this principle works that I would like to know !!
    I am not positive but i think it has to do with DHT decreasing insulin sensitivity and disruption cortisol.
    •   

Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Alot of what you are saying is true. TD's are better than injects in pretty much every way except costs. If they work for you, they are the better choice.
  5. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Alot of what you are saying is true. TD's are better than injects in pretty much every way except costs. If they work for you, they are the better choice.
    Androgel is very expensive and it is a lot of gel to deal with.
    Tcream is cheap, $1/day, easy to deal with.
    What is a daily cost of T injections including needles, wipes, sharps storage (and inconvenience)?
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.1%

Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Androgel is very expensive and it is a lot of gel to deal with.
    Tcream is cheap, $1/day, easy to deal with.
    What is a daily cost of T injections including needles, wipes, sharps storage (and inconvenience)?
    Needles are about .12 a piece, my swabs wer $2.99 for 100, sharps storage was $4.69 and will hold ~150 syringes and needles. The Test is the most expensive, and even that is cheap. My first Rx was $110 for a 5 month supply. Even cheaper noow as my insurance picks it up....cost to me was $12. Total cost for 5 months, under $25.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.48%

Quote Originally Posted by SoMdHunter View Post
    Needles are about .12 a piece, my swabs wer $2.99 for 100, sharps storage was $4.69 and will hold ~150 syringes and needles. The Test is the most expensive, and even that is cheap. My first Rx was $110 for a 5 month supply. Even cheaper noow as my insurance picks it up....cost to me was $12. Total cost for 5 months, under $25.
    T cream - 5 months,150 days=$150 (two and half tankfull of gas)
    T shots - 5 months -$25 (10 gallons of gas)
    beauty is in an eye of beholder.

On the other hand in 1971 Poland, after 9 years of very good payng job, tradition of being frugal and heavy savings,
    I did not accumulate $300 required for my airplane ticket to USA.
    I value every penny I have got.

USA, such a great country.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

So, if one wanted to be on trt and have the best fat loss results or be on trt with the least amount of weight gain, would you suggest a gel/cream?
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.68%

You will soon. . .I am a patient of yours and my labs were done last week. I told you about the increase in weight and water since IM shots. I asked to try a AI but my estrogen and SHBG were right where you wanted them. Estradiol was at 25 range went to 70. I am now thinking of either coming off TRT or trying the gels because what ever well being I get from TRT is ruined by the weight gain and inability to lose weight. What you suggest?
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by yianni54 View Post
    So, if one wanted to be on trt and have the best fat loss results or be on trt with the least amount of weight gain, would you suggest a gel/cream?
    Yanni, the differences between the two are so slight it really doesn't even matter.

Diet and training would be a much bigger factor.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    It's a common mistake by individuals who are supposed to be professionally trained thinkers to fail to see the forest for the trees.

Irrespective of individual actions/effects, TRT--by both IM and TD--has been shown to decrease insulin and blood sugar levels.
    Could explain my severe reactive hypoglycemia which they say is diet related which is BULL CRAP. and completly over looked total testosterone 220 might just have alittle to do with it..
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.46%

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John

It's a common mistake by individuals who are supposed to be professionally trained thinkers to fail to see the forest for the trees.

Irrespective of individual actions/effects, TRT--by both IM and TD--has been shown to decrease insulin and blood sugar levels.
    I agree with your statements. I was just commenting on too much of a good thing can be bad, like most things in life.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.03%

Well said.
    Moderation has always been my philsophy when it came to anything. Guys I competed against used 1500-2000 mgs a week of anabolics I used 300-400 max for 8 weeks prior before show and trained my ass off, ate super clean and placed higher then most of them. They all accused me of lying but I have a fear of needles so less the better. why i prefer to do the creame and hcg if I can get away with it !!
    Yes i am a wussy when it comes to needles always have been !!
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.28%

[QUOTE=Dr. John;774832]It can increase INTRAabdominal fat. QUOTE]

Visceral organs embedded in a bunch of suet -yikes!!!
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.03%

[QUOTE=cpeil2;775063]
    It can increase INTRAabdominal fat. QUOTE]

Would seperating the cream into am and Pm help low this possible ?
  16. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.46%

[quote=hardasnails1973]
    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dr. John
    It can increase INTRAabdominal fat. QUOTE]

Would seperating the cream into am and Pm help low this possible ?
    Not exactly an answer to your question but when I was on androgel I did an AM and PM application protocol and it did not help my DHT go down so I don't think it would help with intraab fat.
  17. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.03%

[QUOTE=magic8989;775279]
    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973

Not exactly an answer to your question but when I was on androgel I did an AM and PM application protocol and it did not help my DHT go down so I don't think it would help with intraab fat.
    REducing creame to from 10% to 5% and adding in hcg could increae progesterone which would lower the dht why I felt so good on hcg a while ago..this make sense?
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.46%

[hardasnails1973]

REducing creame to from 10% to 5% and adding in hcg could increae progesterone which would lower the dht why I felt so good on hcg a while ago..this make sense?[/quote]

It seems plausible actually. I never took the chance to use hcg until a week ago so I wouldn't know from experience. All I know was from the gel I was gorilla. I am already pretty hairy but when I had to shave every other day and body hair got thicker it was not cool.
  19. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.03%

Quote Originally Posted by magic8989 View Post
    [hardasnails1973]

REducing creame to from 10% to 5% and adding in hcg could increae progesterone which would lower the dht why I felt so good on hcg a while ago..this make sense?
    It seems plausible actually. I never took the chance to use hcg until a week ago so I wouldn't know from experience. All I know was from the gel I was gorilla. I am already pretty hairy but when I had to shave every other day and body hair got thicker it was not cool.[/QUOTE]

When using hcg and tcreames together i was so much leaner then just the tcreame by itself and had no problem pissing either with hcg and tcreame..hmmm how interesting !!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pellets vs IM injection for TRT
    By JudoJosh in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2013, 02:46 AM
  2. Androgel vs. Avant's "One" Comparison?
    By Jon DeVaul in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 10:48 PM
  3. infection vs spot injection pain?!?!
    By xxtruxx1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-2006, 04:29 PM
  4. ** IM Injection INFO **
    By IntensePump in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 08:48 PM
  5. syringe for IM inject of igf