Low T and Tribulus

fit4life05

Awards
I have very low T, but Tribulus seems to help alot for about a weeks or 2, then back to nothing again....

Anyone else have similar experiences and have anyknowlege on this?

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Yep same thing happened to me. I am only taking an educated guess here, but I think your HPTA levels you back out again after a short time, sensing the extra testosterone.

biker340

Awards
agree,,

If your natural test levels are low, all the differnet herbals that are available out there won't do squat, except make your wallet thinner..

My $.02 from personal experience..

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Both ZMA and Fishoil + Vit E would be a much better, cheaper bet to increase T levels and overall health and well being.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Both ZMA and Fishoil + Vit E would be a much better, cheaper bet to increase T levels and overall health and well being.
After that, probably check of Adrenals and Thyroid.
Or how about start with good blood test?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea, start with blood test.

Get thyroid and adrenals in order.

Then estrogen.

Then T.

Then GH

fit4life05

Awards
ive had everthing testing.....t is low thats all

biker340

Awards
P-city,

How many grams of fish oil and ZMA you taking??

Have you done before and after blood tests to support your findings

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
P-city,

How many grams of fish oil and ZMA you taking??

Have you done before and after blood tests to support your findings
I take Biotests Flameout for fish oil. 2.2g of DHA and .8g of EPA. It also contains CLA. It has been tested by experts before. It is, without a doubt, the most potent and pure fish oil on the market today, bar none. Better than Carlsons. It can be found here - http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=910074

I take ZMA from Biotest as well. 30mg of Zinc aspartate, 450mg of magnesium aspartate, and 10.5mg Vit B6. It can be found here - Testosterone Nation - ZMA

I trust Biotest as a company - they have continued to push out some of the best supplements as a company for years.

I also take Vitamin E from Carlsons(got the idea from Dr J, thanks!) to further enhance fish oil digestion.

My concentration, memory and mood has all improved from Fish Oil + Vit E. So has my skin. I look ridiculously young for my age.

And ZMA is great for sleep. Magnesium will knock you out.

I have only had my blood work taken once, and it was not on any supplements. I can say that, without a doubt, ZMA increases seminal fluid dramatically for me.

cjones84

Awards
As far as I know all ZMA is pretty much the same (and expensive) as long as it includes 30mg of Zinc, 450mg of magnesium and 10.5mg of vitamin B6 over 3 servings that is it. I definitely notice the better quality of sleep and dream patterns, what does this mean in relation to hormones? I have stopped most suppliments at the moment while getting blood work except fish oils and vit E. Them fish oils you mention are mega strong, is 4 capsules a day really neccessary? I thought anywhere between 1 and 3 would be enough including supplimenting with vitamin E.

I know from personal experience Avena Sativa must do something for releasing free testosterone because without it I was completely shrivelling off with absolutely no feeling. It gives more sexual thoughts through the day and at times a fuller penis, still low labido and ED but has provided relief for my imbalance. Until I get my T level results and more investigation I don't know my exact problem though with things such as high/low E2. It was a case of wanting to feel half human again, haven't tried other suppliments though except HGW that I found to be largely ineffective for my condition. Have you tried Super Miraforte with maximum strength Chrysin by Life Extension? Looking at the ingredients it looks a very good blend for boosting testosterone; Zinc, Chrysin, Muira puama, Maca, Nettle, Ginger and Bioperine.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As far as I know all ZMA is pretty much the same (and expensive) as long as it includes 30mg of Zinc, 450mg of magnesium and 10.5mg of vitamin B6 over 3 servings that is it. I definitely notice the better quality of sleep and dream patterns, what does this mean in relation to hormones? I have stopped most suppliments at the moment while getting blood work except fish oils and vit E. Them fish oils you mention are mega strong, is 4 capsules a day really neccessary? I thought anywhere between 1 and 3 would be enough including supplimenting with vitamin E.

I know from personal experience Avena Sativa must do something for releasing free testosterone because without it I was completely shrivelling off with absolutely no feeling. It gives more sexual thoughts through the day and at times a fuller penis, still low labido and ED but has provided relief for my imbalance. Until I get my T level results and more investigation I don't know my exact problem though with things such as high/low E2. It was a case of wanting to feel half human again, haven't tried other suppliments though except HGW that I found to be largely ineffective for my condition. Have you tried Super Miraforte with maximum strength Chrysin by Life Extension? Looking at the ingredients it looks a very good blend for boosting testosterone; Zinc, Chrysin, Muira puama, Maca, Nettle, Ginger and Bioperine.
Expensive? Bro check the link. Its 9 bucks per MONTH!

Anytime your getting deeper, better quality of sleep that is a good thing.

Check the label - If your ZMA is from SYNTAC(that is in conjunction with Balco) then its good stuff.

Yes, that is a mega dose of fish oil. DHA is vital for men. It does a variety of things, increasing T being one of them. Most fish oil has more EPA than DHA. This type of thinking is wrong. Men need more DHA. It is more important than EPA. It also contains CLA, and its the correct isonomer, unlike the rest of the CLA sold.

Im wary of any herbal T boosters. I have a feeling that the HTPA axis prevents alot of them from having any long term benefits. Tribulus increases LH. This is proven. But most low T men have high LH from hypogonadism. So tribulus is basically useless.

I think the best bang for your buck supplement wise are the ones I take.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

Check the label - If your ZMA is from SYNTAC(that is in conjunction with Balco) then its good stuff.

Yes, that is a mega dose of fish oil. DHA is vital for men. It does a variety of things, increasing T being one of them. Most fish oil has more EPA than DHA. This type of thinking is wrong. Men need more DHA. It is more important than EPA. It also contains CLA, and its the correct isonomer, unlike the rest of the CLA sold.

Im wary of any herbal T boosters. I have a feeling that the HTPA axis prevents alot of them from having any long term benefits. Tribulus increases LH. This is proven. But most low T men have high LH from hypogonadism. So tribulus is basically useless.

Lj100 is the best test boosting supp. that there is IMO. Avena Sativa is good as well. ZMA is ok for ejaculate volume (Maca is better), but it could lower DHT by way of AI properties (not good unless you have really hight DHT) From what I gather nobody is sure how tribulus raises Testosterone. Some say its LH related and some say its DHEA related.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
No offense bro's, but y'all just hijacked the originators thread.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Oh, no problem bro. It isn't my thread and it is all good info. But he may still be waiting on an answer and this may be confusing for him is all.

cjones84

Awards

Sorry you are right I was just generalising on the product. The zma by twinlabs has trademark of SNAC System Inc on the label, I assume it is of good quality. I think it definitely improves orgasm to what it should be

I hear what you are saying about DHA and I will probably go with them fish oils when I next order, do you use E Gems Elite from Carlsons for vit E?

I don't understand CLA really but I assume it is good stuff, will have to read more. The same applies to Resveratrol and Creatine

Do you also you a good multivit like nature's way or natural factor's multi start? and a question for Hyde, what Lj100 brand are you using? I seen it is included in a "testojack" mix from Now foods including zma and tribulus.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established

I am taking from LEF:
Super Omega-3 Epa/Dha With Sesame Lignans & Olive Fruit Extract, 120 Softgels

assuming that I would add
Super Cla Blend With Sesame Lignans, 1000 Mg, 120 Softgels

Wonder how would that compare with FLAMEOUT
content and money-wise.
Testosterone Nation - FLAMEOUT!

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry you are right I was just generalising on the product. The zma by twinlabs has trademark of SNAC System Inc on the label, I assume it is of good quality. I think it definitely improves orgasm to what it should be

I hear what you are saying about DHA and I will probably go with them fish oils when I next order, do you use E Gems Elite from Carlsons for vit E?

I don't understand CLA really but I assume it is good stuff, will have to read more. The same applies to Resveratrol and Creatine

Do you also you a good multivit like nature's way or natural factor's multi start? and a question for Hyde, what Lj100 brand are you using? I seen it is included in a "testojack" mix from Now foods including zma and tribulus.

You are right - ZMA at the store is expensive. Thats why I get it threw Biotest.

Yes, I use E gems elite from Carlson.

I do not take multivitamins. There just isn't one out in the market yet that I deem good enough to put in my body. All the vitamins and minerals counteract eachother, are of poor quality and don't absorb well. I havent seen a company put it together right yet. A good first start would be to seperate vitamins from minerals. Secondly, eliminate the calcium. Calcium inhibits mineral absorbtion. Either way, I will just wait till someone does it right.

CLA is a potent anti inflammatory agent. The proplem is that you need the right specific isonomer. Biotest was the first and only company to do this(no suprise).

Resveratrol has, in animal studies, been the most promising compound to come out in decades. It is expanding the life in simple organisms, preventing disease in mice/rats and preventing organ damage as well. No studies to back it up in humans yet. Im taking it anyways, at 100mg a week. That means a 35 dollar bottle lasts 72 weeks. So cost is no big deal, and if the studies dont pan out in humans Im not out of much money.

Creatine is creatine. If you lift weights, take it. I do 5g a couple days a week.

I do not take herbal T boosters. They are expensive and simply not worth the cost.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

fit4life05

Awards
Oh, no problem bro. It isn't my thread and it is all good info. But he may still be waiting on an answer and this may be confusing for him is all.
None of this is confusing me. I know all about ZMA and it really wont help much unless you somewhat deficient of Z

My main reason for starting this thread was to figure out why Tribulus only seems to help for a few weeks then Im back to having no libido, ect

I was trying to figure out if T levels straight back to where it was or what

cjones84

Awards
I think with this condition Tribulus etc are only short term solutions while supplimenting with zma, fish oil and vit E essentially is probably a more long term way of getting better. I haven't read anything about the long term effects on hormone levels while supplimenting with aphrodisiacs. Obviously this needs to compliment medical assesment also

Plymouth city, while supplimenting with that combination I notice you said you have improved mood and wellbeing that is very positive, I find ZMA possibly being the main reason for myself, becauseof the improved sleep/mood. I was wondering if you have had any dramatic effects to labido/flaccid wellbeing, like are the hormones engorging the blood to swell up your penis for most of the day again? Flaccid penis is a good sign of how hormones are working besides labido

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
None of this is confusing me. I know all about ZMA and it really wont help much unless you somewhat deficient of Z

My main reason for starting this thread was to figure out why Tribulus only seems to help for a few weeks then Im back to having no libido, ect

I think I have tried every Trib product out there, as well as ZMA. I didn't notice anything except a thinner wallet. I'm starting to believe that if it is OTC, it probably doesn't work very well. At least not for raising T levels. Otherwise, the bodybuilding world would be all over it.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I think I have tried every Trib product out there, as well as ZMA. I didn't notice anything except a thinner wallet. I'm starting to believe that if it is OTC, it probably doesn't work very well. At least not for raising T levels. Otherwise, the bodybuilding world would be all over it.

Only works if zinc defiecnc other wise NOPE !!
sometihng to ponder .
Testosterone raises zinc up take to the prostrate which lower DHT and also estrogen..Now does testosterone also increase zinc uptake into other cells such as muscle tissue.

fit4life05

Awards
im not 100% that trib temporarily raises my t but it does help out in the sex drive/erection department, atleast for me

fenugreek + trib is double the fun. i actually feel extremely horny again, but then back to nothing after a week

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Every hardcore BB I know, and pretty much every athlete I know takes ZMA.

Yea, I do believe Tribulus to be simply not worth the money.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established

If you lift weights/strength train, or do any type of high intensity cardio, you will be deficient in zinc.

And if you live in the USA, chances are your deficient in magnesium.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I think with this condition Tribulus etc are only short term solutions while supplimenting with zma, fish oil and vit E essentially is probably a more long term way of getting better. I haven't read anything about the long term effects on hormone levels while supplimenting with aphrodisiacs. Obviously this needs to compliment medical assesment also

Plymouth city, while supplimenting with that combination I notice you said you have improved mood and wellbeing that is very positive, I find ZMA possibly being the main reason for myself, becauseof the improved sleep/mood. I was wondering if you have had any dramatic effects to labido/flaccid wellbeing, like are the hormones engorging the blood to swell up your penis for most of the day again? Flaccid penis is a good sign of how hormones are working besides labido

cjones,
I can't really speculate about the flaccid penis/blood flow part, because Im still pretty young (27)and have decent T levels(490) and Im in really, really good physical shape, meaning my cardiovascular condition/blood flow is great. I still get solid erections and everything down there seems normal and unchanged since my teenage years. :dance:

The only differences now is I don't get any morning wood and my drive is slightly lower, and that is probably due to the fact that my T levels are probably a few hundred points lower than they were say 5 - 10 years ago, and my estradoil is elevated at 43 (10 - 50). Supplementation hasn't changed that. But it has definitely improved my mood and memory/concentration.

I have read some stuff about people with issues that you have spoken about, and that hCG is doing wonders for them. It definitely seems to improve not just testical size/function, but blood flow to the genital area. Given what I know about the properties of fish oil and vitamin E, i would think these two would help enhance that effect.

Last edited: