Cream vs gel

1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Cream vs gel

If a person is having a hard time absorbing the cream. Would the gel make that much of a difference and if so would it because there would be more alcohol in a gell vs a creame to help it absorb. I am due to reorder again but I do not want to spend another 50 bucks if the stuff obviously is not working. or switch to the gel or go directly to the shots? I just tired of playing around and want to get to a direct increase of testosterone.

All i know is that Dim pro is making my piss stink and dirty yellow color urine..and i am drinking tons of water 120 ounces a day !! if not more !!

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.08%

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    If a person is having a hard time absorbing the cream. Would the gel make that much of a difference and if so would it because there would be more alcohol in a gell vs a creame to help it absorb. I am due to reorder again but I do not want to spend another 50 bucks if the stuff obviously is not working. or switch to the gel or go directly to the shots? I just tired of playing around and want to get to a direct increase of testosterone.

All i know is that Dim pro is making my piss stink and dirty yellow color urine..and i am drinking tons of water 120 ounces a day !! if not more !!
    I have used both gel and cream, and I suspect, based on the way I felt, that the T is more rapidly absorbed with a gel carrier than a cream carrier. In me, the gel had a noticeable stimulant effect which the cream did not. Since I already have more than my share of nervous energy, I didn't like the stimulant effect from the gel. I felt better on the cream.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.34%

Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    I have used both gel and cream, and I suspect, based on the way I felt, that the T is more rapidly absorbed with a gel carrier than a cream carrier. In me, the gel had a noticeable stimulant effect which the cream did not. Since I already have more than my share of nervous energy, I didn't like the stimulant effect from the gel. I felt better on the cream.
    i just want the stuff to raise the serum levels LOL 307 on 10% is pathethic and its now affecting my cardio vascular system
    elevated lp(a) 112 <75 range reason why androgens lower lp(a as well as fish oils..estrogen can raise it testosterone lowers it..
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.96%

han1973

I noticed in other posts that you said something that being hypothyroid will cause frosting and an inability to absorb gels.

I am on 5mg Androgel and exprience frosting. My last blood test came in at 363 total (250-1100) free 79.5(46.0-224.0)
    Bio 163.5 (110.0-575.0). I feel that all three are on the low side for being on 5mg of Androgel. My TSH came in at 2.48 (3.5-4.9) all from Quest Labs... That was my first TSH test and was done at 4pm after working 8 hrs... Do you think that TSH level will cause frosting and the inability to absorb the gel?

Thanks
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by biker340 View Post
    han1973

I noticed in other posts that you said something that being hypothyroid will cause frosting and an inability to absorb gels.

I am on 5mg Androgel and exprience frosting. My last blood test came in at 363 total (250-1100) free 79.5(46.0-224.0)
    Bio 163.5 (110.0-575.0). I feel that all three are on the low side for being on 5mg of Androgel. My TSH came in at 2.48 (3.5-4.9) all from Quest Labs... That was my first TSH test and was done at 4pm after working 8 hrs... Do you think that TSH level will cause frosting and the inability to absorb the gel?

Thanks
    YES YES YES. The cutting egde thyroid experts of 2007 now say that once TSH goes over 2, the very very early stages of a thyroid malfunctioning are starting to occur.

Thyroid function and ability to absorb TD's go hand in hand. This was not known before. It is known now. Yes, a TSH level over 2 MAY cause issues with absorbtion.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.34%

han1973

Thanks
    Yes and this explains why i was feeling incredible on hcg and tcreame (my body was running off the hcg more then t creame at 250 ius EOD) and hcg was driving progesterone and helping adrenals too and why libido was high and rocking and getting stronger in the gym since stopping that its been down hill all the WAY !! Shots would be way to go for both of us. may be after 2 weeks she raises it to 7.5 grams then another 2 weeks 10 grams se where test levels change. also to my tsh came back 2.30 as well..

I am trying to drive testosterone production from all angles
    adrenals, dhea, increasing serotonin, dopamine, thyroid you named it i tried it !! Testosterone helps to drive thyroid too (indirectly) and testosteorner is part of the puzzle that is missing. and with out testosterone its putting extra stress on my adrenals making them work harder, and possbile driving thyroid down lower even..
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yes and this explains why i was feeling incredible on hcg and tcreame (my body was running off the hcg more then t creame at 250 ius EOD) and hcg was driving progesterone and helping adrenals too and why libido was high and rocking and getting stronger in the gym since stopping that its been down hill all the WAY !! Shots would be way to go for both of us. may be after 2 weeks she raises it to 7.5 grams then another 2 weeks 10 grams se where test levels change. also to my tsh came back 2.30 as well..

I am trying to drive testosterone production from all angles
    adrenals, dhea, increasing serotonin, dopamine, thyroid you named it i tried it !! Testosterone helps to drive thyroid too (indirectly) and testosteorner is part of the puzzle that is missing. and with out testosterone its putting extra stress on my adrenals making them work harder, and possbile driving thyroid down lower even..
    Yes nails, I think you, like everyone else with thyroid issues, are best suited for injects until thyroid issues are solved, or maybe should stay on injects permanently.

whats your TSH, t3 and t4?
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.34%

Quote Originally Posted by plymouth city View Post
    Yes nails, I think you, like everyone else with thyroid issues, are best suited for injects until thyroid issues are solved, or maybe should stay on injects permanently.

whats your TSH, t3 and t4?
    ft4 .9 (.8-1.8)
    ft3 low normal 2.3 ?

its crappy bro but also got adrenal faitgue too using cortef for do not know how much longer..

This might help !for low thyroid people
    When a person has had hypothyroidism for a long time, absorption of transdermal testosterone may be difficult. This is because there is a build-up of mucin (a glue-like substance) in the skin of people with hypothyroidism, which causes the skin to become thick. This is called myxedema. It can be subtle, not obvious to most physicians, who are not use to pinching the skin of their patients to gauge the thickness of the skin. Myxedema impairs absorption of transdermal testosterone - impairing treatment with transdermal testosterone.

When myxedema is present, it is better to go to testosterone injections for TRT.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.08%

YES YES YES. The cutting egde thyroid experts of 2007 now say that once TSH goes over 2, the very very early stages of a thyroid malfunctioning are starting to occur.

Thyroid function and ability to absorb TD's go hand in hand. This was not known before. It is known now. Yes, a TSH level over 2 MAY cause issues with absorbtion.

There are even some who say that TSH is nearly useless as an index of thryroid function. Better to go straight to fT3 and fT4 than to waste time with TSH.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.08%

ft4 .9 (.8-1.8)
    ft3 low normal 2.3 ?

its crappy bro but also got adrenal faitgue too using cortef for do not know how much longer..

This might help !for low thyroid people
    When a person has had hypothyroidism for a long time, absorption of transdermal testosterone may be difficult. This is because there is a build-up of mucin (a glue-like substance) in the skin of people with hypothyroidism, which causes the skin to become thick. This is called myxedema. It can be subtle, not obvious to most physicians, who are not use to pinching the skin of their patients to gauge the thickness of the skin. Myxedema impairs absorption of transdermal testosterone - impairing treatment with transdermal testosterone.

When myxedema is present, it is better to go to testosterone injections for TRT.
    Do you see myxedema in subclinical hypthyroidism? My impression was that it goes with severe, prolonged hypthyroidism.
  11. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.34%

Do you see myxedema in subclinical hypthyroidism? My impression was that it goes with severe, prolonged hypthyroidism.

having hypothyroid for 3.5 years i saw is pretty severe ..and would explain why not absorbing the gel. To the point that its affecting mineral and nutrient metabolism via amino acid and organic acid testing..
  12. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.66%

having hypothyroid for 3.5 years i saw is pretty severe ..and would explain why not absorbing the gel. To the point that its affecting mineral and nutrient metabolism via amino acid and organic acid testing..
    Since you figured that out, stay on shots, forget gels or creams and be done with this piece of puzzle.
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.96%

Thanks everyone,

My PCP was giving me the script for the gels and said that the TSH level was fine, "smack dab in the middle, where I want to be". My LH FSH are below normal, (go figure) and he was not comfortable giving me HCG. So am going to see a Urologist who is a progressive thinker when it comes to TRT next weekend. I will bring him all my different blood tests in and ask him about being hypothyroid with a TSH level over 2.0
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

There are even some who say that TSH is nearly useless as an index of thryroid function. Better to go straight to fT3 and fT4 than to waste time with TSH.
    No, its TREATING TSH is useless, and trying to treat based on TSH levels only is useless as well.

But TSH is a good starting indicator.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks everyone,

My PCP was giving me the script for the gels and said that the TSH level was fine, "smack dab in the middle, where I want to be". My LH FSH are below normal, (go figure) and he was not comfortable giving me HCG. So am going to see a Urologist who is a progressive thinker when it comes to TRT next weekend. I will bring him all my different blood tests in and ask him about being hypothyroid with a TSH level over 2.0
    Big difference between the top though endo's and your doc, LOL.

What is your t3/t4?

You might want to opt for injects.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I would say the prolonged part is probably right. This isn't something that can happen overnight.

I would also speculate that people with this should also try and get plenty of Vit D threw supplementation, given they are probably unable to absorb it threw sunlight.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks everyone,

Whats your TT, FT and E2?

He is a moron BTW for giving TRT without HCG. That makes him suspect right off the bat.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.96%

Whats your TT, FT and E2?

He is a moron BTW for giving TRT without HCG. That makes him suspect right off the bat.
    TT 363 (250-1100)
    FT 79.5 (46.0-224.0)
    bio T 163.5 (110.0-575.0)

E2 36 (0-54)

All was done while taking 5 mg Androgel..

My PCP doc is not a bad guy. He just does not understand the cutting edge science of TRT,, hence the referal to the Urologist.. By the way, he really had to search to find someone who would want to work with me and TRT.. no endo's would cooperate..

To answer your pervious posts, t3 and t4 were not done.
    Will see what the Uro. doc wants done in a few days..
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

TT 363 (250-1100)
    FT 79.5 (46.0-224.0)
    bio T 163.5 (110.0-575.0)

E2 36 (0-54)

All was done while taking 5 mg Androgel..

My PCP doc is not a bad guy. He just does not understand the cutting edge science of TRT,, hence the referal to the Urologist.. By the way, he really had to search to find someone who would want to work with me and TRT.. no endo's would cooperate..

To answer your pervious posts, t3 and t4 were not done.
    Will see what the Uro. doc wants done in a few days..
    Gotcha. Your numbers need to be improved.

I would suggest you find a doc willing to work in conjunction with Dr John.

Your E2 level would be okay if your T level was double what it is, but its a bit high for a guy in his 300's.

You ABSOLUTELY need to get your thyroid stuff checked out ASAP. If thyroid funtion is not optimal, HRT is useless. T3/T4/TSH need to be checked out. Your levels are not good for someone on 5g of androgel. This may be an indicator that thyroid is not up to par. Adding in more T via a TD would be a moot point.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Injections vs gel?
    By CaptnCaveman in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 10:50 PM
  2. Injections vs Gel
    By Charlieg in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 01:24 AM
  3. DHT conversion (injection vs gel)
    By lexmuscle in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1