Dht and hair growth

• Thread starter hardasnails1973
  • Start date

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
How come that with dht 2 times the highest top end that I only shave once every 3 weeks vs EOD like I normally did? Could that be an indictor my testosterone is that freaken pathetic? Thought DHT was suppose to make my hair grow faster :fool2: Yes testosterone is 307 after 1 ml 10% creame applied and if that is after 2 hours how low does it drop after 8-10 hours? If estrogen is the major player in BPH and my estrodial 19 is in range but testosterone/estrogen is skewed how can that slight deviation be really affecting my prostate that much since the DHT is an invailid essay? 64 million dollar question is if estrogen metabolism is that out of wack could that give the same symptoms of elevated e2 (but its elevated esterone) and actually lower my testosterone as well as free levels as well? By correcting any altered estrogen metabolism will this cause a significant increase in TT as well?

b4554

Awards
I am new to all this, but I am curious, how much protein do you eat? For me, normally my hair grows fairly slow. But when I was eating tons of eggs, tuna, etc. when I was working out alot my hair grew like crazy.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
It may take DHT, but it takes nutrients as well. Good point about protein, b4554

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
It may take DHT, but it takes nutrients as well. Good point about protein, b4554
Hair on head grows like wild fire but facial and arm hair nill !!
Explain that one !! :icon_lol:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Um, you think more than you eat? :think:
i think my test levels are so low that its affecting the hair gorwth of my face and other areas. How scrweed up id that I have what people with male pattern baldness have always been wanting as well as body builders more hair on head less on body LOL

b4554

Awards
i think my test levels are so low that its affecting the hair gorwth of my face and other areas. How scrweed up id that I have what people with male pattern baldness have always been wanting as well as body builders more hair on head less on body LOL
I wish I could trade you some facial hair for scalp hair! :icon_lol:

thomastobird

Awards
I was wondering hte exact same thing. I havn't got my DHT tests back yet but I rarly have to shave and think the estrogen test balance is out of whack. Wondering if I just corrected the estrogen by taking DIM if that would bring my total test , and free test back up.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering hte exact same thing. I havn't got my DHT tests back yet but I rarly have to shave and think the estrogen test balance is out of whack. Wondering if I just corrected the estrogen by taking DIM if that would bring my total test , and free test back up.
You on TRT? some people do not absorb the cream and levels never go up. i am on second kind of creame and I have hypothyroidism so that probably explains what is going on due to absorption and hydration of the skin..and that is the 64 mllion dollar question if test is not getting absorbed through the skin what will happen when you take a shoot..stay tuned forthe sequel LOL My estrogen seem to be getting back into balance waking up morning boners again. So some thing is rebalancing but since test not being absorbed still low test levels SIGH

:dance: see jansz can not wait for part too :icon_lol:

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
12 egg whites 4 whole
6 oz turkey, chicken, red meat
1 cup kidney beans
2 protein shakes

if i am absorbing it rewind that am I METABOLISING It which testosterone is needed for !! is the question.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My estrogen is high(43, 10 - 50) yet I have mad face/body hair, and it grows in thick and fast.

My DHT is solid and T is ok (490). So it might be an issue of DHT/T for you.

thomastobird

Awards
You on TRT? some people do not absorb the cream and levels never go up. i am on second kind of creame and I have hypothyroidism so that probably explains what is going on due to absorption and hydration of the skin..and that is the 64 mllion dollar question if test is not getting absorbed through the skin what will happen when you take a shoot..stay tuned forthe sequel LOL My estrogen seem to be getting back into balance waking up morning boners again. So some thing is rebalancing but since test not being absorbed still low test levels SIGH

:dance: see jansz can not wait for part too :icon_lol:
Well I was a patient of Dr. Johns but I'm form Canada so it doesn;t seem to be working out. Dr John pointed me in the direction of a doctor in ontario here so I have an appointment set up in a few weeks. Not on TRT yet, but I was wondering if maybe just a dim or AI would maybe raise test, adn lower estrogen enought o make my symtoms go away.

I have all the symptoms of low t/high estrogen and my tests came back kinda low for a 22 year old. Free test on two tests has been 43.3, and 50.9 with refrence range of 31-94. And total test seems almost to be around a decent level at 15.1-17.1 refrence range 7.3-23.5. With estradiol 147 ref range <206, converted my pmgammer it is 43pg/ml, and it should be between 10-30 best around 20.

I'm going to wait and see what the new doc has to say, but I wondered if maybe there was just a sqrew up in the estrogen metabolism from steroids and test is aromatase to estrogen. If maybe I pulled down the aromatase with a DIM that would reduce SHBG, and estrogen, while consiquently also bumping test, and free test up a bit to get rid of these symptoms.

I don;t know I'm kind of new to this but I guess I'll see what my doc says.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Ok if trt shuts down lh and fsh why was my fsh elevated because of low testosterone over porlong peroid of time?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok if trt shuts down lh and fsh why was my fsh elevated because of low testosterone over porlong peroid of time?
were you on TRT at time FSH was elevated?

From my understanding, when FSH is elevated that means the testicals are NOT producing enough T. The body is cranking out FSH to overcompensate but its a moot point because testicals are unresponsive.

One interesting thing I would like to add is that the aggressive behavior that alcohol/beer causes in young healthy males is due to the fact that drinking temporarily elevates FSH/LH and causes a increase in T due to healthy responsive testicals.

Your testicals have decided to retire :icon_lol:

MacDonnell

Awards

The weird thing is that you have high DHT too - Your scalp hair should be thinning and your body hair should be growing - Right? This seems to be what's happening in my case.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The weird thing is that you have high DHT too - Your scalp hair should be thinning and your body hair should be growing - Right? This seems to be what's happening in my case.
That was the "Old" way of thinking.

There is some very fascinating new stuff Im reading about that says low test and high estrogen are both culprits in the balding issue. :duel:

DHT has been totally redeemed in the last year. :head:

b4554

Awards
That was the "Old" way of thinking.

There is some very fascinating new stuff Im reading about that says low test and high estrogen are both culprits in the balding issue. :duel:

DHT has been totally redeemed in the last year. :head:
Interesting. Do you have links to studies/reports?

hardasnails1973, one other thought, do other guys you're related to have heavy beards? Genetics is a factor in facial hair too just as in balding. I've known guys in their 30's & 40's that I would have guessed had more T than me and didn't have alot of facial hair. Maybe it's in the hormone receptors, not just blood levels.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget good old genetics. You might not be (genetic-wise) inclined to need to shave that often, despite DHT or estrogen levels.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget good old genetics. You might not be (genetic-wise) inclined to need to shave that often, despite DHT or estrogen levels.
Going from shaving every day to once every 2 weeks In a matter of a months time I say there is something REALLY WRONG WITH THAT !!

Why was it that when I took HCG that I would have incredible vivid dreams now there is like nothing.. Does testosterone affecting dreaming some how and REM sleep.

Does testosterone help to protect against dealing with stress and actaully could preserve ones cortisol levels. Since we are producing synthetic do we have to worry about it ever being depleted by stress, but rather what little we do make..

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
But then again, DHT and your personal hormone profile is genetic as well

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Curious ? Can altered estrogen metabolism be just as bad and have same side effects of high e2?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Curious ? Can altered estrogen metabolism be just as bad and have same side effects of high e2?
Sure it could. Remember all the good things that estrogen does for our body. Throw that very delicate balance out of whack and who knows the bad that could happen.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Sure it could. Remember all the good things that estrogen does for our body. Throw that very delicate balance out of whack and who knows the bad that could happen.
So altered estrogen metabolism can cause estrogen domaince ? That is 64 million dollar question