Dr. John - Your Professional Opinion

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Lately, I've been reading a lot about people getting abscesses from IM injections - and honestly, that's the only thing that worries me in regards to TRT. Most of these people are doing 10-12 week cycles a couple of times a year. That makes for, in many cases, 24 injections per year.

If I'm going to be on a TRT program of 100mg/Cypionate each week for the rest of my life - I feel the odds are much greater that I run into a problem at some point in the future. I'm not worried about "dirty gear" because I have a legal prescription. But, I still feel that doing these injections 52 times a year isn't in my best interest.

What are your thoughts on Dr. Shippen's .35ml of Cypionate subcutaneously every 3 days? Would this be a safer method? Honestly, if I'm ever going to have an abscess, I'd rather it be just beneath my skin rather than an inch and a half deep into my Glute...

Thanks in advance...

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You could always inject smaller amounts IM more frequently, like every three days. This way you can use an insulin needle, and inject smaller amounts, and go in less deep. Less trama to muscle and less chance for damage/infection all around.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you but I'm really curious about the subcutaneous process and how a respected doctor in the industry feels about it.

So. Dr. John. Would you mind giving me a moment of your time, please?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ive read about Dr J's thoughts on this before and he has said on numerous occasions that he is not comfortable with SubQ injects of T.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.. Yes, I've read that as well.. What I'm really curious about is what he thinks in regards to abscesses and if there'd be a better chance of getting one by injecting oil subcutaneously and/or would it be less difficult to treat in the event of having one subcutaneously...

If TRT is going to become mainstream at some point, there's going to be a lot of people doing their own injections and problems like this could become very popular.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Why dont you go to Tcream (cheep and safe).
Save injections for HCG.

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.. Yes, I've read that as well.. What I'm really curious about is what he thinks in regards to abscesses and if there'd be a better chance of getting one by injecting oil subcutaneously and/or would it be less difficult to treat in the event of having one subcutaneously...

If TRT is going to become mainstream at some point, there's going to be a lot of people doing their own injections and problems like this could become very popular.
Most abscesses come from "dirty gear" from an UGL, not injecting into the muscle properly or injecting too quickly. If you follow some simple safety precautions, you should be just fine.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
If people are doing their own injections because they are on physician-supervised TRT, they will have uncontaminated substrate, sterile pins and syringes and they will have been trained to do the injections - so the possibility of either septic or sterile abscess will be minimal (but not zero).

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I hear some people don't like the Creams but I'll consider that.. I'll assume that it's unlikely I'll ever get an abscess then.. Still, it's a crappy feeling knowing that you CAN and how bad it could mess you up...

Thanks, all..

And thank you too, Dr. John. I'll just continue using my other account when I have a question for you. No more from the big, bad steroid user... You hater! :p

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Zero,
Injects are dinosaurs of the past. They really are. They will NEVER gain mainstream popularity. The are for using high amounts of T(steroids).

IMO transdermals will continue to grow, improve and become the mainstream choice. The problems with them now(absorbtion and cost) will cease to become problems in the future. I think the absorbtion issues are 90% individual thyroid related, and as people become more thyroid conscious and treatments become better/more prevalant, those issues will clear up as well.

Plus, I think transdermals can be improved upon. Tomorrows gels/creams will have advanced absorbtion, maybe even different vehicles/chemicals used to enhance/improve. Costs will go down and eventually as insurance companies see that long term costs of individual health care will go DOWN for people on HRT, more will comply.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised that my doctor hasn't mentioned transdermal. I'll have to ask him...

Thanks...

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm surprised that my doctor hasn't mentioned transdermal. I'll have to ask him...

Thanks...
Arggg! :smite: Any educated doc should know that he/she should always start a patient on a TD first THEN inject if TD doesn't work.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it and your knowledge/experience in this area...

The risk of an infection following real medication is very, very low.

Let's not compare what stupid people inject into themselves to what goes on here.

I do not think a frank abcess could develop form a SC injection. Infection, yes, but not a walled-off (definition of) abcess.

But the risk of infection increases wiht number of injections.

We do no tknow what the long-term effects of injecting oil SC will be. This is why I do not advocate them (it also makes the half-life longer, and less predictable).