Testosterone has skyrocketted...not feeling better.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
After starting out with testosterone creme my testosterone has skyrocketed. The numbers are:

Testosterone, Serum 2007 range 241-827 ng/dL
Free Testosterone(Direct) >52.0 range 6.8-21.5 pg/mL

Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum 0.8 range 0.0-4.0 ng/mL

Estradiol 25 range 0-53 pg/mL

So I am clearly above the range on both free and total testosterone after being around 250 three months ago. My estradiol is in the middle of the range which is an improvement.

I really dont feel any better and know I need to back off. I guess it is good that my relatively low dose of 100 mg/day test creme raised it so much.

I see my dr in two weeks.

Any comments on these results?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
After starting out with testosterone creme my testosterone has skyrocketed. The numbers are:

Testosterone, Serum 2007 range 241-827 ng/dL
Free Testosterone(Direct) >52.0 range 6.8-21.5 pg/mL

Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum 0.8 range 0.0-4.0 ng/mL

Estradiol 25 0-53 pg/mL

So I am clearly above the range on both free and total testosterone after being around 250 three months ago. My estradiol is in the middle of the range which is an improvement.

I really dont feel any better and know I need to back off. I guess it is good that my relatively low dose of 100 mg/day test creme raised it so much.

I see my dr in two weeks.

Any comments on these results?
What about HCG, are you taking it?
If not, soon your testis will stop working and you levels will drop.
You be better off takingh 100IU/day and cut down on Tcream,
to 0.75 or 0.5mg depending on blood test.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
No I am not taking HCG. I am concerned that my dr is not an expert with tesoterone. He is very good with thyroid and adrenal function.

You mean I should be taking 100 IU of HCG?

Wouldnt just backing off on T cream allow my levels to drop into range?

And maybe most curious to me......in that I am not getting any more muscular, or stronger (beleive me this is NOT why I am taking testosterone) where is all this excess testosterone going?

(again I am taking test because I feel lousy....not in any way, shape or form to get stronger)

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
I wish I had your problem. :dance:

I'd just keep dropping the cream amounts and look into stabilizing the testosterone levels with HCG.

-Blesum

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
P.S. Any chance there was any cream at the site where they drew the blood for that test?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
LOL...in that I have barely noticed any improvement in how I feel, I think the results may be wrong.

The tests were done by Labcorp...I will try to get them to retest me.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Your almost identical to me except my testosterone is not quite that high, but mine is still way over range. My E2 is mid range also, yet I dont feel any improvement in sexual funciton, or anything at all really. I am also a ex-finasteride user too though.

I have the same question. Why, if my tesosterone is sky high, and E2 seems ok, am I not feeling any benefit whatsoever? Then again, my E2 was not an ultrasenstive assay, and my chest is itchy as.

Its strange that your E2 is not sky high also, with such a high T level. Was yours an ultra sensitive estrodiol test? Otherwise, a straight E2 test might not be showing whats really going on.

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
I got those numbers at 50mg of testosterone per day. I am pretty sure the blood wasnt drawn from the same area I applied the cream, but perhaps I'm wrong.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
I got those numbers at 50mg of testosterone per day. I am pretty sure the blood wasnt drawn from the same area I applied the cream, but perhaps I'm wrong.
My numbers are not budging at all from any of the creams. Could a screwed up estrogen metabolism be causing this from lack of not having fish oils for over a year (long story). Getting urine test when ever dr gets around to ordering it. MY dr is good just so damn slow and not aggressive at all.

Dr john elevated lp(a) research i found on this indicates in order to reduce it dhea, testosterone, fish oils. Could altered estrogen metabolism also cause it to raise? Could altered estrogen metabolism also be responsible for interfering with the receptors especially in hypothalamus similar to what elevated estiodiol can do?

Just trying to get an idea of what the consequences of altered estrogen can cause..
Thanks

spinn

Awards
  • Established
DR John I am taking 1 gram of 10% cream per day. And the blood was drawn from near my elobow. I usually put the cream on my upper arm and forearm.

I am going to try to get them to retest it....this doesnt seem right.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
DR John I am taking 1 gram of 10% cream per day. And the blood was drawn from near my elobow. I usually put the cream on my upper arm and forearm.

I am going to try to get them to retest it....this doesnt seem right.
I put my 10% Tcream on my calf.
Blood drawn from inside elbow, no chance for contamination.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
P.S. Any chance there was any cream at the site where they drew the blood for that test?
Allright!

I can't believe it, I actually figured out a likely cause for Spinn's elevated reading.

Keep the cream FAR, FAR away from the area that the blood will be drawn to prevent any false elevated readings. Some of our testosterone levels actually DROP after going on the cream so it's quite shocking to hear how high yours supposedly went.

Now who do I gotta blow for some reputation points?

-Blesum

jaydee

Awards
  • Established
Keep the cream FAR, FAR away from the area that the blood will be drawn to prevent any false elevated readings.
That was my next question. Does it have to be applied right on top of where the blood was drawn or is there a distance that has to be kept - centimeteres, inches.....a different limb altogether to avoid a false reading?

Dr John might be right I think, because I have never heard of such a huge T reading that I got on 50mg of T in a compounded cream. Might get it retested I think.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
That was my next question. Does it have to be applied right on top of where the blood was drawn or is there a distance that has to be kept - centimeteres, inches.....a different limb altogether to avoid a false reading?

Dr John might be right I think, because I have never heard of such a huge T reading that I got on 50mg of T in a compounded cream. Might get it retested I think.
When I was doing the cream thing, I put it on the other arm and had them draw from the non-creamed arm. Shirt moving around, frosting flakes falling or drifting onto the lower arm, bending your arm and having the lower arm contact your biceps, etc are all different ways I suppose the testosterone could be moved to the draw site.

-Blesum

SoMdHunter

SoMdHunter

Awards
  • Established
Where do the directions say to apply it? When I tried it, it said to apply it to my shoulders and upper arms. Wash hands afterwards. Pretty simple actually.

Blesum

Blesum

Maestro
Awards
Yup, those are the correct and general directions, however an exception needs to be made prior to having blood drawn or you will get false (excessively high) testosterone readings in your results. Apply where it will not get into the area that the blood is being drawn.

I exfoliate and shower at least once a day, so it's as simple as just not putting any of the cream on a certain arm before going to bed and in the morning before the draw. Then after the draw, I resume normal application areas.

If you don't shower daily or often, then I would stop applying it on the arm being used for the draw a few days earlier just to be safe.

-Blesum

spinn

Awards
  • Established
the thing is.....I did not apply it before the test. I had the test in the morning and applied after.

Would it still gave a false high if I applied 18 or so hours earlier?

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the thing is.....I did not apply it before the test. I had the test in the morning and applied after.

Would it still gave a false high if I applied 18 or so hours earlier?
Did you shower and heavily clean the application area that morning?:think:

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Well....Labcorp was generous enough to offer me a re-tests and the results were encouraging. The results are now:

Testosterone, Serum 604 range 241-827 ng/dL
Free Testosterone(Direct)21.6 range 6.8-21.5 pg/mL

Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum 0.7 range 0.0-4.0 ng/mL

Estradiol 9 range 0-53 pg/mL

That is very encouraging...those numbers look pretty good.

I had the bolod drawn from my hand this time, far from any area I have ever applied the cream.

Frustrating that the test were so initially wrong though....especially at $221......

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Those numbers are good.

Whats your SHBG? and FSH?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I need to get those checked....my drs just dont seem to know about them.

I also need to have cortisol checked. Saliva tests are ok for cortisol correct?

I still dont feel great but am making progress.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your estradoil is low, especially considering your on a TD.

Your not taking any AI's right?

Low E symptoms are similar to high E.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Thats not correct...I am taking Arimidex 1 mg twice per week.

My E2 was always at or above the high end of the range.

I can back off to 1/2 mg twice per week.

plymouth city

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thats not correct...I am taking Arimidex 1 mg twice per week.

My E2 was always at or above the high end of the range.

I can back off to 1/2 mg twice per week.
Absolutely. I would. You need to shoot for an E2 level in the 20's. Estrogen is essential.

Drop down to 1mg per week. Get retested. If that doesn't at least put you in the 20's, back off to .5mg per week.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
Seeing as though your on Arimidex that would be a good idea, maybe stopping it for a week before cuttting your dose aswell.

Even endocrinologists know you need to check SHBG whenever you check testosterone, I dont think you even need to specify it here on the paper the lab automaticly does it along with total T.