Is there any benefit to morning and pre bed (twice daily)dosing of androgel??

  1. Registered User
    willis3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    50
    Answers
    0

    Is there any benefit to morning and pre bed (twice daily)dosing of androgel??


    The reason I'm asking is because I am back on the gels now and I'm at 7.5 dose. Just curious if more steady levels could be attained by doing 5 mg in morning and then 2.5 mg pre bed?? The reason I ask is because I sweat a lot and I figure , though I wait several hours to workout after applying gel in morning. Thanks.

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by willis3 View Post
    The reason I'm asking is because I am back on the gels now and I'm at 7.5 dose. Just curious if more steady levels could be attained by doing 5 mg in morning and then 2.5 mg pre bed?? The reason I ask is because I sweat a lot and I figure , though I wait several hours to workout after applying gel in morning. Thanks.
    2 application double spike of estrogen increase as well
  3. Registered User
    spinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    633
    Answers
    0


    It can also interfere with sleep so it is best to take the second dose no later than 6 pm.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    wildfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    330
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by willis3 View Post
    The reason I'm asking is because I am back on the gels now and I'm at 7.5 dose. Just curious if more steady levels could be attained by doing 5 mg in morning and then 2.5 mg pre bed?? The reason I ask is because I sweat a lot and I figure , though I wait several hours to workout after applying gel in morning. Thanks.
    What does your doctor suggest? Have you read the insert. Give yourself a couple weeks to stabilize. If you work out in the morning, why not put it on after you shower after your workout?
  5. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by willis3 View Post
    The reason I'm asking is because I am back on the gels now and I'm at 7.5 dose. Just curious if more steady levels could be attained by doing 5 mg in morning and then 2.5 mg pre bed?? The reason I ask is because I sweat a lot and I figure , though I wait several hours to workout after applying gel in morning. Thanks.
    Try not to sweat first hour or so, after application.
    When I was using 10gram, latter 7.5gram Androgel, did not feel any difference, including sleeping, just extra work.
    I like Androgel but it is my second choice.
    I use 100mg/1gram Tcream now.
    Much less volume, put it on area where you sweat least.
    It takes little longer to absorb, up to 15-20 minutes.
    Tcream is also dirt cheap. For my deduction in prescription plan (Androgel), I can pay outright for the cream.
    Also way less hassle, my prescription plan (Caremark) made me to go thru hoops before giving me controlled substance.
  6. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by willis3 View Post
    The reason I'm asking is because I am back on the gels now and I'm at 7.5 dose. Just curious if more steady levels could be attained by doing 5 mg in morning and then 2.5 mg pre bed?? The reason I ask is because I sweat a lot and I figure , though I wait several hours to workout after applying gel in morning. Thanks.
    When I was on a transdermal, with once-daily dosing, I would get very sleepy in the late afternoon and would have night sweats. I tried splitting the dose -half in the morning after showering and half in the afternoon at about 3-4P. It worked well for me - eliminated the afternoon sleepiness and the night sweats. My theory was that once daily dosing resulted large fluctuations in T concentration, with it possibly reaching a low in the later afternoon.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    When I was on a transdermal, with once-daily dosing, I would get very sleepy in the late afternoon and would have night sweats. I tried splitting the dose -half in the morning after showering and half in the afternoon at about 3-4P. It worked well for me - eliminated the afternoon sleepiness and the night sweats. My theory was that once daily dosing resulted large fluctuations in T concentration, with it possibly reaching a low in the later afternoon.
    A morning serum testosterone and 24 hour urine would definetly verfy this
  8. Registered User
    willis3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    50
    Answers
    0


    Cool, thanks guys...
  9. Registered User
    willis3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    50
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by JanSz View Post
    Try not to sweat first hour or so, after application.
    When I was using 10gram, latter 7.5gram Androgel, did not feel any difference, including sleeping, just extra work.
    I like Androgel but it is my second choice.
    I use 100mg/1gram Tcream now.
    Much less volume, put it on area where you sweat least.
    It takes little longer to absorb, up to 15-20 minutes.
    Tcream is also dirt cheap. For my deduction in prescription plan (Androgel), I can pay outright for the cream.
    Also way less hassle, my prescription plan (Caremark) made me to go thru hoops before giving me controlled substance.

    1)How was your bloodwork on the 100 mg/1g T cream??

    2)How much do you apply(T Cream)? How much Androgel would you have to apply to get the equivalent of what you apply in T cream daily??
  10. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails1973 View Post
    A morning serum testosterone and 24 hour urine would definetly verfy this

    Sure, the more data points you have, the easier it is to manage all of this stuff, but I get tired of laying out bundles of money to find an answer every time I don't feel just so.
  11. Registered User
    JanSz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,631
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by willis3 View Post
    1)How was your bloodwork on the 100 mg/1g T cream??

    2)How much do you apply(T Cream)? How much Androgel would you have to apply to get the equivalent of what you apply in T cream daily??
    It is recent change, will know better in couple weeks, after my next blood test. Right now I have made assumption that absorption will remain same and replaced 7.5gram Androgel with 0.75gram of Tcream. I also started HCG, soon is going to be full two months since the changes, that is why planed blood test.

    Going by amount of testosterone in 10gram Androgel(1%)
    0.01*10*1000=100mg of testosterone.

    My Tcream is 100mg/1gram
    100mg(testosterone) in one gram (of compounded cream)

    10gram Androgel=1gram Tcream
    or
    7.5gram Androgel=0.75gram Tcream
    ============================== ===============

    I am also using 100mg/1gram pregnenolone cream (10%)
    when I figure out the right dose of both, I plan asking pharmacy to mix Testosterone and Pregnenolone
    that should further simplify daily routine.
  12. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. John View Post
    Actually, I would expect split dosing to cause less estrogenic conversion, as serum androgen levels would not accelerate as much.
    This would be similar to what would be known as pulsing the dosage as you mentioned before? and woudl this give a more steady serum reading. For example if some one testosteorne is high in the morning but in the mid afternnon later on it crashes to below the lower end of the range would this seem to be a more viable option.
  13. Registered User
    pmgamer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,532
    Answers
    0


    That is Ok if you can sleep after I can't it keeps me up.
  14. Registered User
    cpeil2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    414
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by pmgamer18 View Post
    That is Ok if you can sleep after I can't it keeps me up.

    Yes, if you apply the PM dose much later than 4 or 5PM, it could keep you up.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    hardasnails1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,039
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by cpeil2 View Post
    Yes, if you apply the PM dose much later than 4 or 5PM, it could keep you up.

    Wish I could just get it up be nice
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 02:04 AM
  3. Is there any way to kill the bloat of A-50?
    By friction515 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-20-2005, 01:09 AM
  4. Is there any point to this cycle?
    By jimmythelad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 03:31 PM
  5. is there any way to get rid of some estro ?
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in