Is there any benefit to morning and pre bed (twice daily)dosing of androgel??

willis3

Awards
The reason I'm asking is because I am back on the gels now and I'm at 7.5 dose. Just curious if more steady levels could be attained by doing 5 mg in morning and then 2.5 mg pre bed?? The reason I ask is because I sweat a lot and I figure , though I wait several hours to workout after applying gel in morning. Thanks.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
The reason I'm asking is because I am back on the gels now and I'm at 7.5 dose. Just curious if more steady levels could be attained by doing 5 mg in morning and then 2.5 mg pre bed?? The reason I ask is because I sweat a lot and I figure , though I wait several hours to workout after applying gel in morning. Thanks.
2 application double spike of estrogen increase as well :)

spinn

Awards
  • Established
It can also interfere with sleep so it is best to take the second dose no later than 6 pm.

wildfox

Awards
  • Established
What does your doctor suggest? Have you read the insert. Give yourself a couple weeks to stabilize. If you work out in the morning, why not put it on after you shower after your workout?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
Try not to sweat first hour or so, after application.
When I was using 10gram, latter 7.5gram Androgel, did not feel any difference, including sleeping, just extra work.
I like Androgel but it is my second choice.
I use 100mg/1gram Tcream now.
Much less volume, put it on area where you sweat least.
It takes little longer to absorb, up to 15-20 minutes.
Tcream is also dirt cheap. For my deduction in prescription plan (Androgel), I can pay outright for the cream.
Also way less hassle, my prescription plan (Caremark) made me to go thru hoops before giving me controlled substance.

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
When I was on a transdermal, with once-daily dosing, I would get very sleepy in the late afternoon and would have night sweats. I tried splitting the dose -half in the morning after showering and half in the afternoon at about 3-4P. It worked well for me - eliminated the afternoon sleepiness and the night sweats. My theory was that once daily dosing resulted large fluctuations in T concentration, with it possibly reaching a low in the later afternoon.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
When I was on a transdermal, with once-daily dosing, I would get very sleepy in the late afternoon and would have night sweats. I tried splitting the dose -half in the morning after showering and half in the afternoon at about 3-4P. It worked well for me - eliminated the afternoon sleepiness and the night sweats. My theory was that once daily dosing resulted large fluctuations in T concentration, with it possibly reaching a low in the later afternoon.
A morning serum testosterone and 24 hour urine would definetly verfy this

willis3

Awards
Try not to sweat first hour or so, after application.
When I was using 10gram, latter 7.5gram Androgel, did not feel any difference, including sleeping, just extra work.
I like Androgel but it is my second choice.
I use 100mg/1gram Tcream now.
Much less volume, put it on area where you sweat least.
It takes little longer to absorb, up to 15-20 minutes.
Tcream is also dirt cheap. For my deduction in prescription plan (Androgel), I can pay outright for the cream.
Also way less hassle, my prescription plan (Caremark) made me to go thru hoops before giving me controlled substance.

1)How was your bloodwork on the 100 mg/1g T cream??

2)How much do you apply(T Cream)? How much Androgel would you have to apply to get the equivalent of what you apply in T cream daily??

cpeil2

Awards
  • Established
A morning serum testosterone and 24 hour urine would definetly verfy this

Sure, the more data points you have, the easier it is to manage all of this stuff, but I get tired of laying out bundles of money to find an answer every time I don't feel just so.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
1)How was your bloodwork on the 100 mg/1g T cream??

2)How much do you apply(T Cream)? How much Androgel would you have to apply to get the equivalent of what you apply in T cream daily??
It is recent change, will know better in couple weeks, after my next blood test. Right now I have made assumption that absorption will remain same and replaced 7.5gram Androgel with 0.75gram of Tcream. I also started HCG, soon is going to be full two months since the changes, that is why planed blood test.

Going by amount of testosterone in 10gram Androgel(1%)
0.01*10*1000=100mg of testosterone.

My Tcream is 100mg/1gram
100mg(testosterone) in one gram (of compounded cream)

10gram Androgel=1gram Tcream
or
7.5gram Androgel=0.75gram Tcream
=============================================

I am also using 100mg/1gram pregnenolone cream (10%)
when I figure out the right dose of both, I plan asking pharmacy to mix Testosterone and Pregnenolone
that should further simplify daily routine.

hardasnails1973

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I would expect split dosing to cause less estrogenic conversion, as serum androgen levels would not accelerate as much.
This would be similar to what would be known as pulsing the dosage as you mentioned before? and woudl this give a more steady serum reading. For example if some one testosteorne is high in the morning but in the mid afternnon later on it crashes to below the lower end of the range would this seem to be a more viable option.

pmgamer18

Awards
  • Established
That is Ok if you can sleep after I can't it keeps me up.